No Comfort from Ray. (Banana Man)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2015, 06:22 AM
RE: No Comfort from Ray. (Banana Man)
(25-04-2015 12:25 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Have you ever driven a car? Then you’re a Racecar driver!
Have you ever played Basketball? Then you’re a Basketball Player!
Have you ever taken a woman out for dinner? Then you’re a Pimp!

Not to be a defender of the Banana man, but this doesn't work.

A race car driver is not someone who merely drives a car, but someone who races them professionally.

Where as liar is someone who tells lies. And a thief is someone who stole something.

If I tell my wife that I only ate vegetables today, and she found out that all the cookies are gone, she would be accurate to call me a liar.

If I stole a candy bar from the grocery store, the shop owner would be correct in calling me a thief.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2015, 06:30 AM
(03-09-2015 06:22 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  If I tell my wife that I only ate vegetables today, and she found out that all the cookies are gone, she would be accurate to call me a liar.

If I stole a candy bar from the grocery store, the shop owner would be correct in calling me a thief.

And in your mind are these 'sins' as deserving of punishment as say... murdering someone?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
03-09-2015, 07:39 AM
The issue is not really with labeling a person "liar" and "thief", since pretty much everyone on the planet has lied and/or stolen at some point, some more than others. The issue is with the insanity of telling someone that we're doomed to eternal torment by a "loving God" for such simple, basic infractions common to everyone on the planet. At that point, your con-man game starts to become apparent: "Do you breathe oxygen? Well then God hates you! But for 10% of your income, we can help God tolerate you again." Paul's Bronze/Iron-Age bullshit isn't much better than that.

It gets even worse when you start applying it to things which are clearly, clearly beyond people's control, like their sexual orientation, and by the time we get to where the Wholly Babble says, "This book is true because this book is true, and if you're someone who thinks this book isn't true you're a fool", we have a level of con-man-game so high it's amazing everyone can't see it. What people need to tell Ray Comfort is that his God is an asshole, and so is he.

This was in my Facebook "in-box", this morning, sent by one of my dearest aunts. It's the reason I loathe guys like Ray Comfort, for propagating this kind of asshat theology:

[Image: yourchistianfriend_zpsqldj1qqu.jpg]

Seriously!?! Fuck Ray Comfort. In the eye. With his dick-palm-banana.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
03-09-2015, 08:23 AM
(03-09-2015 06:22 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(25-04-2015 12:25 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Have you ever driven a car? Then you’re a Racecar driver!

Not to be a defender of the Banana man, but this doesn't work.

A race car driver is not someone who merely drives a car, but someone who races them professionally.

Where as liar is someone who tells lies. And a thief is someone who stole something.

If I tell my wife that I only ate vegetables today, and she found out that all the cookies are gone, she would be accurate to call me a liar.

I appreciate the critic Tomasia. I would like to fine toon this to be more stream line. I don't live to far from Comforts stomping grounds so I expect to run into him one day.

But my point was much to what Rocket said. Comfort is take small assurances, and blowing them up to seem much larger and meanacing. Many of mans lie are out of our control, or unintentional. Yes there are verbal lies like your example with the cookies. But there are also physical lies. Have you ever smiled even if your not happy? Or seen a play where someone was acting out diffrent emotions to portray the mood. The acting isn't really crying, isn't really murdering that person.

He's holding these actions up and saying it's all worthy of damnation in the same light, unless you accept his version of Jesus.

A small lie dosn't make you a liar. It makes you a human.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
03-09-2015, 08:25 AM
Dear Christian Friend,

There will come a day when you'll see that I posted all my "annoying skeptic" posts because I have a deep concern for you. I care about you so much that it pains me to see that you just accept all those crazy things people tell you to believe, even when they are provably false. Websites like Google and Snopes dot com make it easy to check the facts! As hard as this is to say, I would rather you hate me for telling you the truth in love, than to gain your approval by letting you go on thinking what you say is valid when everyone else can see it's silly.

Once a friend was gracious enough to tell me some of the things I believed that were demonstrably wrong, and how to prove they were wrong, so I never again wore scales on my eyes and could see for myself. It's now my responsibility to do the same for you. It's what the Scientific Method is all about.

Sincerely,

Your Atheist Friend

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
02-08-2016, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2016 04:15 PM by Commonsensei.)
Watch again as Ray Comfort twist the truth to fit his agandea.

The full interview.

Ray Comforts twist.

Of course these are just "trailers" but we'll see how he edits the footage to fit his video to make it as if he has stumped atheist arguments. Once reliase. But even in the first video you can see how it says absolutely nothing. Just a bunch of stock footage pasted together.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
02-08-2016, 04:59 PM
(26-04-2015 08:08 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  I won't pretend to agree with everything she said, or with the title of the video. What I will say is that the video is representative of a schtick Comfort has been pulling on people for the last ten years or so and to which the OP was referring:
- Ask someone whether they have ever lied, then call them a liar.
- Ask someone if they've ever stole, then call them a thief.
- Ask them whether they have ever lusted, then call them an adulterer.
- Tell them they're unworthy and only believing in Jesus can save them.
He's done the same thing in numerous videos he has produced over the period. His faithful flock lap it up.

Bear in mind his marks are random people on the street not specifically equipped to deal with his particular line of bullshit. I think she fared better than average. At times I think she almost derailed him. I can't help imagining that last long camera shot of her walking away had some connection to her statement that if she took her clothes off and walked across the street that Comfort would be looking lustfully after her Wink

But like the Jamaican babe said Even Jesus is quoted as lying. And I am as sure as she is that the interviewer has lied and stolen and blasphemed and looked with lust upon a woman, or maybe he is gay and has looked with lust on a man!
02-08-2016, 06:10 PM
After watching a couple of vids I realized it is possible he is getting some fraction of a cent from my clicking. Not going to happen any more. I have seen the depth of the koolaid.
02-08-2016, 07:32 PM
(25-04-2015 12:25 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Have you ever taken a woman out for dinner? Then you’re a Pimp!

If that's the case then I am the Supreme Deity of the Pimp Patrol!

Now bow down and worship my uber pimpness or else I will send you to the Pit of Pita, where you will drown in hot sauce for all eternity.

I have spoken. Fear me.

I mean it.

Do it!

Awww come on! Please? Just do it!

Okay pizza for everybody who worships me then!

Seriously ... free pizza.

Pizza anyone?

Hello?

Fuck ...
[+] 2 users Like GoingUp's post
02-08-2016, 07:59 PM
(25-04-2015 12:25 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I’m sure many of you have heard Ray Comforts.

If you lie. You’re a liar.

If you Steal. You’re a thief

If you look at a woman with Lust. Then you’re a Rapist!

Therefore god.

After I whipped the blood from my nose every time I hear this. I realizing it this is popping up in many other arguments now. Seeing how I feel it my come to my door step someday. I would like to hear people ideas for a good rebuttal?

I thought of
Have you ever driven a car? Then you’re a Racecar driver!

Have you ever taken a dump? Then you're a shit. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post