No Comfort from Ray. (Banana Man)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2015, 05:23 PM
RE: No Comfort from Ray. (Banana Man)
(25-04-2015 12:31 PM)jockmcdock Wrote:  
(25-04-2015 12:25 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  If you look at a woman with Lust. Then you’re a Rapist!

Em...no!! If I look at my wife with lust, I'm a rapist? Our 33 year marriage can handle a bit of lust as well as love.

And if she looks at me with lust, what does that make her?

Hungry for your man meat. Tongue

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-04-2015, 02:20 AM
For anyone not quite keeping up in the audience, here is the start of a lengthy summary of his written works:

Here is a much shorter summary of his video works.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
26-04-2015, 02:25 AM
(26-04-2015 02:20 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  For anyone not quite keeping up in the audience, here is the start of a lengthy summary of his written works:

Here is a much shorter summary of his video works.

Fuck yeah, Steve Shives! Thumbsup

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
26-04-2015, 03:51 AM
An even quicker on-topic summary:

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
26-04-2015, 07:13 AM
Sing us a song
You're the Banana Man
Sing us a song tonight
For we're all in the mood for a fallacy
And you'll have us laughing all night.

Blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Brian37's post
26-04-2015, 07:23 AM
(26-04-2015 03:51 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  An even quicker on-topic summary:

What? How is she destroying him? Replacing his woo with other bullshit is still woo.

I don't even like the si fi version of reincarnation. Waves by themselves cannot act like an in tact brain. It would be like assuming when you pump gas the gas will suddenly become the in tact car.

The atoms in us did start at the big bang, I have no problem with that. And it is certainly freaky enough by itself knowing there is not one single atom in me today that was in my when I was born.

We are nothing more than our brains in motion. No fuel, no structure, no motion. Take away the fuel or destroy the structure the brain dies, no more you. The atoms in us after we die certainly will break down and move on, but the individual atoms will not retain the "I" we were when alive.

We are not immortal and we are not important to the universe, not in any religious sense or si fi sense.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-04-2015, 08:00 AM
I used to be a fan of Ray Comfort's back when I was a brainwashed Jesus freak. Then I read his book--Scientific Facts in the Bible: 100 Reasons to Believe the Bible... If nothing else, it was definitely good for a laugh Laughat

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
26-04-2015, 08:02 AM
(26-04-2015 08:00 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I used to be a fan of Ray Comfort's back when I was a brainwashed Jesus freak. Then I read his book--Scientific Facts in the Bible: 100 Reasons to Believe the Bible... If nothing else, it was definitely good for a laugh Laughat

I could not think of even one good reason. 100 is I think something taken straight from fairy tales Smile

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
26-04-2015, 08:08 AM
I won't pretend to agree with everything she said, or with the title of the video. What I will say is that the video is representative of a schtick Comfort has been pulling on people for the last ten years or so and to which the OP was referring:
- Ask someone whether they have ever lied, then call them a liar.
- Ask someone if they've ever stole, then call them a thief.
- Ask them whether they have ever lusted, then call them an adulterer.
- Tell them they're unworthy and only believing in Jesus can save them.
He's done the same thing in numerous videos he has produced over the period. His faithful flock lap it up.

Bear in mind his marks are random people on the street not specifically equipped to deal with his particular line of bullshit. I think she fared better than average. At times I think she almost derailed him. I can't help imagining that last long camera shot of her walking away had some connection to her statement that if she took her clothes off and walked across the street that Comfort would be looking lustfully after her Wink

26-04-2015, 08:36 AM
Back on topic.

Take a bath? You're a sailor.
Take a dump? You're a garbage truck.
Like tossed salad for dinner? You're gay.
Fold a paper airplane? You're Boeing.
Are you Musa cavendishii? Then behold you are the atheist's worst nightmare!!! Banana_zorro

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post