No Evidence Vs Evidence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2015, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2015 10:03 AM by Tomasia.)
No Evidence Vs Evidence
Let's say we come across a dead body, perhaps a scene of a crime, we see a variety of things like ruffled clothes, some bruises, etc...And a variety of people draw a seemingly infinite number of conclusion based on these things, a nearly infinite series of explanations.

Since all these explanations incorporate these observations, could we accuse any of these explanations of having "no evidence" at all? Or is it only the true and accurate conclusion that has evidence, while the other ones don't?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2015, 09:24 AM
RE: No Evidence Vs Evidence
(06-05-2015 09:20 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Let's say we come across a dead body, perhaps a scene of a crime, we see a variety of things like ruffled clothes, some bruises, etc...And a variety of people draw a seemingly infinite number of conclusion based on these things, a nearly infinite series of explanations.

Since all these explanations incorporate these observations, could we accuse any of these explanation of having "no evidence" at all? Or is it only the true and accurate conclusion that has evidence, while the other ones don't?

Could you rephrase that in English please ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
06-05-2015, 09:25 AM
(06-05-2015 09:20 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Let's say we come across a dead body, perhaps a scene of a crime, we see a variety of things like ruffled clothes, some bruises, etc...And a variety of people draw a seemingly infinite number of conclusion based on these things, a nearly infinite series of explanations.

Since all these explanations incorporate these observations, could we accuse any of these explanation of having "no evidence" at all? Or is it only the true and accurate conclusion that has evidence, while the other ones don't?

Maybe just leave the corpse to the police and professional investigators and forensic teams?
You can't just have amateurs messing around with it.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
06-05-2015, 09:25 AM
Did you get a chance to read the thread with Free discussing "abscence of evidence" vs "evidence of abscence"?

One is not like the other if you plan on equating a murdered body to an absent god.

If not carry on.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
06-05-2015, 09:26 AM
(06-05-2015 09:25 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Did you get a chance to read the thread with Free discussing "abscence of evidence" vs "evidence of abscence"?

One is not like the other if you plan on equating a murdered body to an absent god.

If not carry on.

"Never pass up a chance to masturabte equivocate" ... Jebus 1:1

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
06-05-2015, 09:29 AM
What is your point Tomasia?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

06-05-2015, 09:30 AM
Evidence of what? The point of these phrases generally used is about having evidence for a hypothesis or claim, not just some generic statement of "evidence"

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
06-05-2015, 09:31 AM
(06-05-2015 09:25 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Maybe just leave the corpse to the police and professional investigators and forensic teams?
You can't just have amateurs messing around with it.

[Image: Lovepost.jpg]

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
06-05-2015, 09:33 AM
Some hypotheses have more value than others insofar as they comport with and explain reality.
06-05-2015, 09:42 AM
I say Col. Mustard did it in the library with the candlestick.....

but then

I always say that......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post