No Good Deed...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2010, 12:57 PM

No Good Deed...
Fri Oct 22
Washington referees may face ban for charity pink whistles

By Cameron Smith (Article & Video)

"...The playoff ban is possible because the colored whistles violate the uniform protocol for state high school officials."
Whistles take precedent, damn it! Pay attention! *wags finger in stern fashion* /sarcasm
Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2010, 02:15 PM
RE: No Good Deed...
This is ridiculous. And sorta funny too.
the news link Wrote:"They chose not to ask for permission, not to go the right route," Stordahl told KING 5. "It sends the wrong message to kids that are playing the game. 'If they broke the rules why can't I do the same.'"
I think it would be cool if the kids would start supporting breast cancer research too.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2010, 01:53 AM
Oh where, oh where is sanity?
25-10-2010, 05:33 AM
So, showing support for other people and donating money out of your own pocket sends the wrong message?

I applaud the refs for doing this and especially the way they seem to be handling it. That said, I'd love to see all the remaining refs use pink whistles next game without asking so they can all be suspended for two playoff games. Wonder how those games will go without any refs.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
25-10-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:MyNorthwest.com he has little choice but to discipline officials who used colored whistles. He claims that letting them continue without punishment would send the wrong message to student athletes.

"They chose not to ask for permission, not to go the right route," Stordahl told KING 5. "It sends the wrong message to kids that are playing the game. 'If they broke the rules why can't I do the same.'"

This kind of talk drives me NUTS! No it does not send the wrong message. To think that is to insult the intelligence of our youth! I have always hated the "well if I let them get away with it then it will be anarchy" argument. It's a cop out. If you are an authority you have every right to say you know what it was agaainst the rules "but in the instance" we're letting it go. If someone tries to site that in the future as a defence for rule breaking just say tough shit in this case your screwed it's my discretion punk! Now that sends a message AND is a nice life lesson!
25-10-2010, 11:41 AM

(25-10-2010 05:33 AM)BnW Wrote:  So, showing support for other people and donating money out of your own pocket sends the wrong message?

I applaud the refs for doing this and especially the way they seem to be handling it. That said, I'd love to see all the remaining refs use pink whistles next game without asking so they can all be suspended for two playoff games. Wonder how those games will go without any refs.

And sadly enough, the Refs don't have that kind of Moxy. I would pay real money to see this happen though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good tidings for you, Hobbitgirl. HU.Junyuan 0 77 17-04-2014 09:11 PM
Last Post: HU.Junyuan
  The Good News Club in New Zealand witerat 5 399 20-02-2013 06:58 AM
Last Post: earmuffs
  Good old Catholic Church Hughsie 3 593 20-02-2013 12:26 AM
Last Post: Momsurroundedbyboys
  Machines are getting too good at judging humans KVron 2 304 23-07-2012 11:35 PM
Last Post: KVron
  Good news people Hughsie 6 1,148 17-02-2012 08:57 AM
Last Post: LostLocke
Rainbow Oh good, a new date for the Rapture trillium13 10 1,429 04-01-2011 05:59 AM
Last Post: gaglamesh731
  Good news everyone! :D Norseman 5 715 15-12-2010 02:39 AM
Last Post: Norseman