No Good Without Evil? Really...?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2014, 01:25 AM
RE: No Good Without Evil? Really...?
(24-12-2014 01:10 AM)morondog Wrote:  Show us the evidence, we will believe God exists. Won't worship though - no point.

Then don't bother believing.

Quote:So if that's the case why are you bothering to inform us of this? And why do you religious types always get rather excited about how people who laugh at you are gonna buuuuuuuuuurn? Boring person.

You're not going to burn for laughing at me. You're going to burn for not believing in Jesus Christ whom God sent.

Quote:I dunno what the fuck kinda Dad you had but fear isn't what a kid should feel towards parents, even if a lot of parents are shitty and *do* make their kids fear them.

A three-year-old who has no fear of his father (assuming there are any three-year-olds out there these days who have a traditional in-home fathers) will have no direction, no security, no respect, and will be willful and selfish. Same thing happens to the soul of a human being who chooses atheism. Evil_monster
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2014, 01:46 AM
It's an unbiblical doctrine.

Anyway... Ask those same people if they think God is omnipresent (everywhere at all times).

More than likely they will say "yes".

Then say, "Oh, so He's in hell?"

The responses are always fun.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
24-12-2014, 01:52 AM
(24-12-2014 01:25 AM)Gordon Wrote:  You're not going to burn for laughing at me. You're going to burn for not believing in Jesus Christ whom God sent.
Yay?

Quote:A three-year-old who has no fear of his father (assuming there are any three-year-olds out there these days who have a traditional in-home fathers) will have no direction, no security, no respect, and will be willful and selfish. Same thing happens to the soul of a human being who chooses atheism. Evil_monster
I take it you took good care to make your kids fear you?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
24-12-2014, 02:42 AM
Note: did not actually read thread and I'm too pissed from accidentally deleting a long response on another thread to do so, but I have my laptop so I feel like I should take this time to actually post on this forum.

In regards to good and evil, The belief of the Catholic Church is that evil is merely a privation of good. there is no positive evil. For example, if one holds that God is all good, then technically everything is evil when compared to God. As such Good could technically exist without evil but then we are talking about God before creation. Good and evil are just comparative words. Usaine Bolt is a good runner unless we compare him to a Cheetah.
These are just my thoughts upon the matter.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
24-12-2014, 04:26 AM
(24-12-2014 02:42 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  Note: did not actually read thread and I'm too pissed from accidentally deleting a long response on another thread to do so, but I have my laptop so I feel like I should take this time to actually post on this forum.

In regards to good and evil, The belief of the Catholic Church is that evil is merely a privation of good. there is no positive evil. For example, if one holds that God is all good, then technically everything is evil when compared to God. As such Good could technically exist without evil but then we are talking about God before creation. Good and evil are just comparative words. Usaine Bolt is a good runner unless we compare him to a Cheetah.

So murder or rape - deliberate crimes against another human - aren't really evil, just not good? How come the Bible's so specific about the mighty punishments that shall be inflicted for such terrible abominations as playing pick-up sticks on a Sunday when evil's just a relative term?

Do you guys even ... ? Because reading your stuff is like hitting myself with a hammer. Head hurts and I feel really dumb when I've finished.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
24-12-2014, 04:35 AM
(24-12-2014 02:42 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  Note: did not actually read thread and I'm too pissed from accidentally deleting a long response on another thread to do so, but I have my laptop so I feel like I should take this time to actually post on this forum.

References ?
The "Catholic Church" is billions of people. You actually think they think one thing ? The "church" is not the hierarchy (with Alzheimer's as your Pope told them yesterday).

You church teaches it is the "mystical body". They have billions of opinions.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
24-12-2014, 04:40 AM
(24-12-2014 04:26 AM)morondog Wrote:  Do you guys even ... ? Because reading your stuff is like hitting myself with a hammer. Head hurts and I feel really dumb when I've finished.

[Image: c97.gif]

Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-12-2014, 07:16 AM
(24-12-2014 01:25 AM)Gordon Wrote:  A three-year-old who has no fear of his father (assuming there are any three-year-olds out there these days who have a traditional in-home fathers) will have no direction, no security, no respect, and will be willful and selfish. Same thing happens to the soul of a human being who chooses atheism. Evil_monster

Well, I didn't think you could top some of your earlier posts but you managed it. That is perhaps the single most vile, twisted view of human development I've ever heard. Seriously.... get some counseling.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
24-12-2014, 12:26 PM
(24-12-2014 02:42 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  In regards to good and evil, The belief of the Catholic Church is that evil is merely a privation of good. there is no positive evil. For example, if one holds that God is all good, then technically everything is evil when compared to God. As such Good could technically exist without evil but then we are talking about God before creation. Good and evil are just comparative words. Usaine Bolt is a good runner unless we compare him to a Cheetah.

You contradicted yourself.

"Good could technically exist without evil but then we are talking about God before creation."
If true, that means evil does not automatically exist simply by the presence of good and by being its opposite. Therefore, evil did not come into existence by itself, but must have been brought into existence - or created. And who was it that created everything...? Consider So your claim that "evil is merely a privation of good" makes no sense in this context. Evil was created and is independent from good in terms of its existence.

Alternatively, if evil does exist merely because good exists and because evil is good's automatic opposite, then there was never a time when good existed without evil including "before creation".

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
24-12-2014, 12:32 PM
(24-12-2014 01:25 AM)Gordon Wrote:  A three-year-old who has no fear of his father (assuming there are any three-year-olds out there these days who have a traditional in-home fathers) will have no direction, no security, no respect, and will be willful and selfish.

You're a morally disgusting person and you should have absolutely no access to children in any way shape or form.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post