No Man's Sky

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2016, 10:27 AM
RE: No Man's Sky
PS4 dirty commoner race checking in.

Procedural generation is cool and all but if that's the whole premise this shit gonna' be boring as hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2016, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2016 02:15 PM by Naridar.)
It all depends on whether it'll be more like Minecraft or Spore (y'know, just masterrace things Hobo ) If the former, I wouldn't be worried. If the latter, it miiiight be time to get a little anxious.

Also, something sweet: http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/04/11/no-...-ign-first
12-04-2016, 07:51 AM
(11-04-2016 01:25 PM)Naridar Wrote:  It all depends on whether it'll be more like Minecraft or Spore (y'know, just masterrace things Hobo ) If the former, I wouldn't be worried. If the latter, it miiiight be time to get a little anxious.

Also, something sweet: http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/04/11/no-...-ign-first

Looks to me like a combination of skyrim and Frontier/Elite.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
12-04-2016, 04:37 PM
Elite admittedly is a big inspiration for the developer (I remember it being said in an interview). And if the game offer half as scenic and mountainous vistas as Skyrim does, I'll die a happy man.
12-04-2016, 05:17 PM
(09-04-2016 07:49 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  I might just have to buy a ps4 now.

I think I'll put this & PS4 on my solstice list. Very cool.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
15-04-2016, 07:05 PM
It looks interesting... But what the fuck do you do in it?

If I've discovered a planet, and decide to commit genocide against its native living things (its a godless universe, so fuck it). How does the galactic police force manage to turn up and stop me, even though I'm the only intelligent being in existence, that knows where this planet is?

I don't wanna be wasting time flying around the galaxy, with interpol on my arse, because of some arbitrary moral shite that means nothing in this empty void. I'm a busy man, there are lifeforms out there, taking their first, tentative evolutionary steps on the land. Someone's gotta smush 'em.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
28-05-2016, 06:21 AM
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/2...-in-august

f*ck. Congrats, HG. 1 preorder cancelled, my 60€ has a better place than a game I won't have time to play.
12-08-2016, 11:11 AM
No Man's Sky
I'm playing this now. Was hoping to find anyone here who also is. So many things to learn.

Advice for Muffs: don't play this game. You won't like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
12-08-2016, 11:21 AM
(12-08-2016 11:11 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  I'm playing this now. Was hoping to find anyone here who also is. So many things to learn.

Advice for Muffs: don't play this game. You won't like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am downloading it as we speak. Yeah this is not a game for everyone. In fact it is really only a game for about half the Bartle's Gaming Types. If you are not an Achiever/Explorer this is not the game for you. If the thought of nearly aimless gameplay and a lot of collecting and fooling around with your inventory sounds dull then this is not the game for you.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
12-08-2016, 11:54 AM
(12-08-2016 11:21 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  ...
In fact it is really only a game for about half the Bartle's Gaming Types. If you are not an Achiever/Explorer this is not the game for you.

Thanks for the vids.

They didn't say what MMORPGs are but I don't think that matters. It's the player categories that were intriguing.

It's going to be hard to avoid subconsciously (or even consciously) categorising TTA members as such.

Consider

I guess I'm an explorer.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post