No Man's Sky

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2016, 11:59 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2016 12:03 PM by Revenant77x.)
RE: No Man's Sky
(12-08-2016 11:54 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(12-08-2016 11:21 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  ...
In fact it is really only a game for about half the Bartle's Gaming Types. If you are not an Achiever/Explorer this is not the game for you.

Thanks for the vids.

They didn't say what MMORPGs are but I don't think that matters. It's the player categories that were intriguing.

It's going to be hard to avoid subconsciously (or even consciously) categorising TTA members as such.

Consider

I guess I'm an explorer.

MMORPG = Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. World of Warcraft is the biggest most successful one. Everquest was the pioneer but all descended from MUDs aka Multi-User Dungeon which were DOS text based games.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
12-08-2016, 01:12 PM
I've heard a few reveiws. It's immersive in the first 3 hours , then after a while you find that the game is very repetitious. Find new planet fix something move to next planet, repeat.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
12-08-2016, 01:49 PM
No Man's Sky
(12-08-2016 01:12 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I've heard a few reveiws. It's immersive in the first 3 hours , then after a while you find that the game is very repetitious. Find new planet fix something move to next planet, repeat.

I'm not finding that so much. I can see how some might perceive it that way. Seems like mostly people who never enjoyed exploration or travel to begin with. The sorta folks for whom running from one place to another in Skyrim was more a chore than a joy. The people who really just want combat. So it seems to me anyway.

I love exploration. I'm one of those people who wished EVE Online had a non-PvP server. I would have loved that. But CCP (developers of EVE) apparently don't care. Oh well.

Honestly, this game is inspiring me to consider designing my own space exploration game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
12-08-2016, 04:22 PM
I've been loosely following the game for a long time and really looking forward to it for a couple months. I really want to love this game because I love the idea and the aesthetic, but it looks like it's running terribly on PC and wasn't optimized particularly well for it, so I think I will wait optimistically for it to be ironed out on PC before playing it.
12-08-2016, 04:24 PM
No Man's Sky
(12-08-2016 04:22 PM)Dex Wrote:  I've been loosely following the game for a long time and really looking forward to it for a couple months. I really want to love this game because I love the idea and the aesthetic, but it looks like it's running terribly on PC and wasn't optimized particularly well for it, so I think I will wait optimistically for it to be ironed out on PC before playing it.

Wise decision. Even on PS4 it's a lil' "crashy". I've had it crash on me mere seconds before returning to my ship to mark my next restore point. "Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!"

12-08-2016, 04:31 PM
Thank God that Steam finally introduced refunds a couple months ago. The game is a stuttering mess on PC right now, even at the lowest settings.

[Image: J4ynNx.png]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
12-08-2016, 04:33 PM
No Man's Sky
(12-08-2016 04:31 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Thank God that Steam finally introduced refunds a couple months ago. The game is a stuttering mess on PC right now, even at the lowest settings.

[Image: J4ynNx.png]

Do you mean generally or graphically? Are you saying it's like a slide show?

12-08-2016, 06:11 PM
Yeah it was unplayable on my rig, and I am not spending $500 upgrading just to play a broken port. Will prob end up getting a PS4 for Xmas and will pick it up then.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
12-08-2016, 06:13 PM
No Man's Sky
I am so happy to be unshackled to PC needs any more. So far the PS4 is all I need.

12-08-2016, 06:19 PM
Quote:Advice for Muffs: don't play this game. You won't like it.

Oh I know.
I called it from the start it was going to be hugely overhyped and turn out to not be very good.

Exploring endless planets and shit is a cool idea, but it's more of feature and not really worthy of a game in its own right.
You need more than just endless exploring for the sake of endless exploring. The player base on this game is gonna plummet a month from now.

Quote:They didn't say what MMORPGs are but I don't think that matters. It's the player categories that were intriguing.

An MMORPG is a game where there are many many people all playing the same game in the same world.
ie: If I play a single player game it's only my character in that world going through. If I play an MMORPG such as World of Warcraft, there are many people in that exact same world.

It also differs from just a standard multiplayer game which is a single player game that you get a friend or someone and pull them into your world and play together.
It also differs from online shooters or MOBAs (multiplayer online battle arena) in that those are usually centered around short 5-30 minute (depending on the game) competitive game play similar to say a soccer match where two teams face off with an objective to score (or kill or capture a point or flag or whatever depending on the game).
Also differs from phone games which are just filth.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post