No Shit Charlotte......

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2016, 12:07 PM
RE: No Shit Charlotte......
(22-09-2016 10:29 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Let me get this straight. A black police officer from a police department headed by a black chief shot a black man who was armed and refused to drop his weapon and somehow this is all whitey's fault? Laugh out load

It always is.......

Especially the honkeys who were somewhere else!!!!!!

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-09-2016, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2016 01:37 PM by Impulse.)
(22-09-2016 11:08 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The point is police. This is about police over-stepping authority yet again.

I think the police departments have been honestly stretched too thin, officers are under too much stress and they aren't adequately trained or vetted psychologically. The racial makeup of the officers doesn't matter -- it's the overall atmosphere they're dealing with.
While I agree it's not a laughing matter, I'm not convinced the police officer was wrong (nor am I convinced he was right). I don't think there is enough evidence available to the public right now to decide one way or the other. The video is far away and it's difficult to tell exactly what happened. The shooting occurred right when the victim was almost completely obstructed from view. The police claim he was armed and refused to drop his weapon. If that's true, one would have to wonder what this man who was about to be arrested had in mind by holding onto the gun. That would send up serious threat alerts for me. And the slightest flinch after that could cause a self-defense reaction. On the other hand, I can't see any clear indication of a gun in the video so I'm not convinced he really had one either. He did drop one arm by his side though. Just some thoughts that leave me unwilling to blame police just yet.

Edit:
Sorry Moms, never mind. I was erroneously thinking of the Tulsa shooting when I wrote that. I don't know as much about the Charlotte shooting so maybe there is more cause to find fault there; I'm not sure. Consider the above comments taken back. Blush

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
22-09-2016, 12:18 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2016 01:02 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
(22-09-2016 09:29 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(22-09-2016 08:52 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  You know what happens when a group of people feel like they're being unfairly treated/attacked? They get mad. I'm not saying it justifies rioting, but if you actually want to understand the situation, that's what's going on. There is no other way to understand the situation. It's basic human psychology.
So if the governor enacts a law that really pisses me off, it's basic human psychology if I break my neighbor's window? Consider

You legitimately don't see how a group of people could be mad because of that? They don't trust the police force and believe they're being oppressed, i.e. they feel that they don't fucking belong here due to being alienated by these events. In that situation people will act out out of frustration. So, they act out. That's what it is. Don't know what the issue with understanding that is. The mentality is "if you're oppressing us why should we give a shit about you?"

22-09-2016, 12:21 PM
(22-09-2016 12:14 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(22-09-2016 11:08 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The point is police. This is about police over-stepping authority yet again.

I think the police departments have been honestly stretched too thin, officers are under too much stress and they aren't adequately trained or vetted psychologically. The racial makeup of the officers doesn't matter -- it's the overall atmosphere they're dealing with.
While I agree it's not a laughing matter, I'm not convinced the police officer was wrong (nor am I convinced he was right). I don't think there is enough evidence available to the public right now to decide one way or the other. The video is far away and it's difficult to tell exactly what happened. The shooting occurred right when the victim was almost completely obstructed from view. The police claim he was armed and refused to drop his weapon. If that's true, one would have to wonder what this man who was about to be arrested had in mind by holding onto the gun. That would send up serious threat alerts for me. And the slightest flinch after that could cause a self-defense reaction. On the other hand, I can't see any clear indication of a gun in the video so I'm not convinced he really had one either. He did drop one arm by his side though. Just some thoughts that leave me unwilling to blame police just yet.

I heard that the video of the Charlotte shooting will not be released. You must be watching video of something else.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
22-09-2016, 12:51 PM
(22-09-2016 12:21 PM)tomilay Wrote:  
(22-09-2016 12:14 PM)Impulse Wrote:  While I agree it's not a laughing matter, I'm not convinced the police officer was wrong (nor am I convinced he was right). I don't think there is enough evidence available to the public right now to decide one way or the other. The video is far away and it's difficult to tell exactly what happened. The shooting occurred right when the victim was almost completely obstructed from view. The police claim he was armed and refused to drop his weapon. If that's true, one would have to wonder what this man who was about to be arrested had in mind by holding onto the gun. That would send up serious threat alerts for me. And the slightest flinch after that could cause a self-defense reaction. On the other hand, I can't see any clear indication of a gun in the video so I'm not convinced he really had one either. He did drop one arm by his side though. Just some thoughts that leave me unwilling to blame police just yet.

I heard that the video of the Charlotte shooting will not be released. You must be watching video of something else.

I believe the police vehicle dash footage won't be released, but will likely be how to the family members asking to see it.

I'm not entirely sure but there is video footage from a witness/onlooker.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

22-09-2016, 01:19 PM
(22-09-2016 12:18 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(22-09-2016 09:29 AM)Impulse Wrote:  So if the governor enacts a law that really pisses me off, it's basic human psychology if I break my neighbor's window? Consider

You legitimately don't see how a group of people could be mad because of that? They don't trust the police force and believe they're being oppressed, i.e. they feel that they don't fucking belong here due to being alienated by these events. In that situation people will act out out of frustration. So, they act out. That's what it is. Don't know what the issue with understanding that is. The mentality is "if you're oppressing us why should we give a shit about you?"

I don't think anyone has claimed that they don't have a right to be angry. Impulse's point (which seems crystal clear to me -- I'm not sure why some people seem to be missing it) is that they do not have a right to take that anger out on innocent people.

These people are using their anger (whether or not it's justifiable) as an excuse for rioting and looting and destroying the property of people who have nothing to do with what they're angry about. And that is neither normal nor understandable. It's bullshit.
[+] 5 users Like Grasshopper's post
22-09-2016, 01:35 PM
(22-09-2016 12:21 PM)tomilay Wrote:  
(22-09-2016 12:14 PM)Impulse Wrote:  While I agree it's not a laughing matter, I'm not convinced the police officer was wrong (nor am I convinced he was right). I don't think there is enough evidence available to the public right now to decide one way or the other. The video is far away and it's difficult to tell exactly what happened. The shooting occurred right when the victim was almost completely obstructed from view. The police claim he was armed and refused to drop his weapon. If that's true, one would have to wonder what this man who was about to be arrested had in mind by holding onto the gun. That would send up serious threat alerts for me. And the slightest flinch after that could cause a self-defense reaction. On the other hand, I can't see any clear indication of a gun in the video so I'm not convinced he really had one either. He did drop one arm by his side though. Just some thoughts that leave me unwilling to blame police just yet.

You're right, I was erroneously thinking of the Tulsa video. I edited my post above to reflect that. Thanks.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
22-09-2016, 01:37 PM
(22-09-2016 01:19 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(22-09-2016 12:18 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  You legitimately don't see how a group of people could be mad because of that? They don't trust the police force and believe they're being oppressed, i.e. they feel that they don't fucking belong here due to being alienated by these events. In that situation people will act out out of frustration. So, they act out. That's what it is. Don't know what the issue with understanding that is. The mentality is "if you're oppressing us why should we give a shit about you?"

I don't think anyone has claimed that they don't have a right to be angry. Impulse's point (which seems crystal clear to me -- I'm not sure why some people seem to be missing it) is that they do not have a right to take that anger out on innocent people.

These people are using their anger (whether or not it's justifiable) as an excuse for rioting and looting and destroying the property of people who have nothing to do with what they're angry about. And that is neither normal nor understandable. It's bullshit.

It's not normal to engage in riots if a group feels oppressed? That pretty much goes against human history.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
22-09-2016, 01:39 PM
(22-09-2016 01:19 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(22-09-2016 12:18 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  You legitimately don't see how a group of people could be mad because of that? They don't trust the police force and believe they're being oppressed, i.e. they feel that they don't fucking belong here due to being alienated by these events. In that situation people will act out out of frustration. So, they act out. That's what it is. Don't know what the issue with understanding that is. The mentality is "if you're oppressing us why should we give a shit about you?"

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Thanks.

22-09-2016, 02:05 PM
(22-09-2016 01:37 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(22-09-2016 01:19 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I don't think anyone has claimed that they don't have a right to be angry. Impulse's point (which seems crystal clear to me -- I'm not sure why some people seem to be missing it) is that they do not have a right to take that anger out on innocent people.

It's not normal to engage in riots if a group feels oppressed? That pretty much goes against human history.

I'm not talking about rioting as a general concept. I'm objecting to specific behavior. Suppose that I feel that I (or my family, or my race, or whatever) have been oppressed, and I'm angry about it. So far, so good. Do you really think it's perfectly normal and acceptable for me to "protest" that by, say, breaking into a store and stealing things? Or destroying random automobiles that I happen to come across? I say this kind of behavior is abnormal and unacceptable. I wouldn't even consider it, no matter how upset I was by my oppression. If I were to "act out" my anger at all, I would target those who oppressed me, not random innocent people who never did anything to me. Oppression does not turn people into indiscriminate assholes and thieves -- unless they already were assholes and thieves.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post