No Shit Charlotte......

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2016, 02:18 PM
RE: No Shit Charlotte......
(22-09-2016 02:05 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(22-09-2016 01:37 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  It's not normal to engage in riots if a group feels oppressed? That pretty much goes against human history.

I'm not talking about rioting as a general concept. I'm objecting to specific behavior. Suppose that I feel that I (or my family, or my race, or whatever) have been oppressed, and I'm angry about it. So far, so good. Do you really think it's perfectly normal and acceptable for me to "protest" that by, say, breaking into a store and stealing things? Or destroying random automobiles that I happen to come across? I say this kind of behavior is abnormal and unacceptable. I wouldn't even consider it, no matter how upset I was by my oppression. If I were to "act out" my anger at all, I would target those who oppressed me, not random innocent people who never did anything to me. Oppression does not turn people into indiscriminate assholes and thieves -- unless they already were assholes and thieves.

I'm not saying it's acceptable. I'm just attempting to give people an understanding of why it occurs.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
22-09-2016, 03:45 PM
(22-09-2016 05:56 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Well here we go again. A guy gets shot, and the rioting ensues..

Oh yeah guys, nice touch ripping off an NBA merchandising store, and vandalizing the Hyatt Hotel.

There's a real call to social justice.

Fucking cunts...

What the fuck are you going on about? Thanks for proving yourself to be an asshole and a bigot. Yes theists, even atheists can be assholes and bigots.You fucking think this is the first riot? You must be brain dead or ignore Ferguson Missouri, Rodney King in La, or the Watts riots in LA decades before.

Just admit what you really believe, "blacks are the problem".

Let me explain something you stupid fuck. There is inequity in America. As much progress there has been, Obama's election proved that racism still exists and your bullshit reaction to, not one, but two recent events in less than two days prove how much you have your head buried in the fucking sand.

McVeigh made it to prison. Eric Rudoph made it to prison. The Aurora Colorado shooter made it to prison. Cops bought Dillon Roof a fucking cheeseburger.

They resisted is always the excuse. But Garner had no weapon and died. Bland died in jail unarmed. Blacks know they they have to have "the talk" whites don't have to have about police interaction.

And when white pro sports and college fans riot fuckwads like you call that an isolated..

It IS NOT and never has been the job of our police force to act as the judge and jury and especially NOT the executioner.

But, you are too stupid to fucking consider that because of the fear the GOP and NRA have sold for decades, that mistrust between cops and society leads to social unrest.

If your love of guns which are objects overrides your empathy, you are just as bad to me as Trump's son who equated war refugees to candy. All 7 billion humans are the same species. Until you accept that you will not understand why these events keep repeating.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
22-09-2016, 03:53 PM
(22-09-2016 03:45 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(22-09-2016 05:56 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Well here we go again. A guy gets shot, and the rioting ensues..

Oh yeah guys, nice touch ripping off an NBA merchandising store, and vandalizing the Hyatt Hotel.

There's a real call to social justice.

Fucking cunts...

What the fuck are you going on about? Thanks for proving yourself to be an asshole and a bigot. Yes theists, even atheists can be assholes and bigots.You fucking think this is the first riot? You must be brain dead or ignore Ferguson Missouri, Rodney King in La, or the Watts riots in LA decades before.

Let me explain something you stupid fuck. There is inequity in America. As much progress there has been, Obama's election proved that racism still exists and your bullshit reaction to, not one, but two recent events in less than two days prove how much you have your head buried in the fucking sand.

McVeigh made it to prison. Eric Rudoph made it to prison. The Aurora Colorado shooter made it to prison. Cops bought Dillon Roof a fucking cheeseburger.

They resisted is always the excuse. But Garner had no weapon and died. Bland died in jail unarmed. Blacks know they they have to have "the talk" whites don't have to have about police interaction.

And when white pro sports and college fans riot fuckwads like you call that an isolated..

It IS NOT and never has been the job of our police force to act as the judge and jury and especially NOT the executioner.

But, you are too stupid to fucking consider that because of the fear the GOP and NRA have sold for decades, that mistrust between cops and society leads to social unrest.

If your love of guns which are objects overrides your empathy, you are just as bad to me as Trump's son who equated war refugees to candy. All 7 billion humans are the same species. Until you accept that you will not understand why these events keep repeating.

You missed blaming the NRA.....

Roses are red.
Violence are blue.
I'm Brian the poet..
FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!

Heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
22-09-2016, 04:58 PM
(22-09-2016 03:53 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(22-09-2016 03:45 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  What the fuck are you going on about? Thanks for proving yourself to be an asshole and a bigot. Yes theists, even atheists can be assholes and bigots.You fucking think this is the first riot? You must be brain dead or ignore Ferguson Missouri, Rodney King in La, or the Watts riots in LA decades before.

You missed blaming the NRA.....

Roses are red.
Violence are blue.
I'm Brian the poet..
FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!

Heh

Yes fuck you. And?

If you think Kapernick is the problem but ignore Trump's son equating human beings to candy, you are part of the problem.

Trump reminds me of Frank Burns of MASH, hyper nationalistic and cant tell the difference between an enemy and a victim.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-09-2016, 06:48 PM
No Shit Charlotte......
(22-09-2016 03:53 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You missed blaming the NRA.....

He is obviously slipping. Here is a poem that I call Ode to Brian.

Brian goes more brain dead everyday.

He blames it on the fucking NRA.

He gets a big scare, from Wayne Lapierre.

Fuckety fuck fuck bigot fuck fuck fuck.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
22-09-2016, 06:49 PM
Any large group of people is going to have its share of idiots.
A large, frightened, angry group of people will have frightened, angry idiots.
What happens next is as inevitable and inescapable as gravity.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
22-09-2016, 07:04 PM
I blame civilization. People are irrational and inconsistent. Our best case scenario is an AI branch of the government with at least equal authority to the president.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
22-09-2016, 07:25 PM
I still blame groupthink. I blame that for many, many things. It turns people into mindless robots.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
22-09-2016, 08:20 PM
(22-09-2016 07:25 PM)Dom Wrote:  I still blame groupthink. I blame that for many, many things. It turns people into mindless robots.

Mindless robots are consistent and predictable. People spontaneously change their operating systems and objectives every few minutes.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
22-09-2016, 08:47 PM
"The IQ of a mob is the IQ of its most stupid member divided by the number of mobsters." -- Terry Pratchett

For some reason I thought that Heinlein was the origin of this quote. I think I've found a new author to read from.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post