No Shit Charlotte......

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2016, 02:02 PM
RE: No Shit Charlotte......
(23-09-2016 10:11 AM)Lucipurr Wrote:  Rioters should be shot.

I feel like that's a very overly simplistic, unhelpful, and dangerous way to look at things.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ViolexTV's post
23-09-2016, 02:19 PM
(23-09-2016 02:02 PM)ViolexTV Wrote:  

I feel like that's a very overly simplistic, unhelpful, and dangerous way to look at things.
Yes, there are times when even rioters are right.

Vandals, opportunists and looters, however, deserve any shit they get.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 3 users Like Gloucester's post
23-09-2016, 02:42 PM
(23-09-2016 02:02 PM)ViolexTV Wrote:  

Yes, let's just stand by and let absolute simpletons wreck entire neighbourhoods. If they stick to peaceful protesting, that's fine but rioting and attacking innocents is not fucking okay.

I find your way of looking at this situation particularly dangerous.
23-09-2016, 03:52 PM
You can' t just line looters up and shoot them.....

Most won't stop a bullet....we might see collateral damage...

However - I can see an NJP sort of trial - and stretching some rope..... Let em hang for a while..... Wannabe looters might think twice......

Better yet - don't be a looting cunt and we won't need such drastic measures

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
23-09-2016, 05:46 PM
(23-09-2016 05:55 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Protesting is a cherished American form of self-expression.

Looting and rioting are not.

Sorry to break it to you OLB, but they are.

I was living just outside of DC for the 2004 election. It was shortly after the bombings of the subway system in Spain and the busses in London. I was really expecting the DC subway to get hit. And then one night in october I'm in my basement office and I hear the sirens and the helicopters going over. "Oh shit, here we go..." I think.

Nope, basketball game riot. $1 million damage to the downtown core for a mid-season game at a state school. I don't even know if they were rioting because they won or lost.

Riotters are half-wits and imbeciles but at least these ones are riotting for something a bit more important than a fucking basketball game.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
23-09-2016, 06:58 PM
(23-09-2016 02:42 PM)Lucipurr Wrote:  
(23-09-2016 02:02 PM)ViolexTV Wrote:  I feel like that's a very overly simplistic, unhelpful, and dangerous way to look at things.

Yes, let's just stand by and let absolute simpletons wreck entire neighbourhoods. If they stick to peaceful protesting, that's fine but rioting and attacking innocents is not fucking okay.

I wasn't saying I condone violence, I was just saying shooting protesters is a ridiculous idea. It's not an either or situation here.

And considering this same sort of thing happened during the civil rights movement, it's not like rioting due to injustice is unprecedented or unexpected.
[+] 1 user Likes ViolexTV's post
23-09-2016, 07:42 PM
Fine, I'll say it. I condone violence.

The relevant question is whether or not it achieves the intended goal and, to that end, whether or not you have sufficient leverage against any possible opposing forces. It's just another option that may or may not work.

'Murican Canadian
23-09-2016, 09:59 PM
(23-09-2016 02:42 PM)Lucipurr Wrote:  
(23-09-2016 02:02 PM)ViolexTV Wrote:  I feel like that's a very overly simplistic, unhelpful, and dangerous way to look at things.

I don't believe that anybody ever suggested we "just stand by..."

And if there is a particularly dangerous way of looking at this it is the viewpoint that more shootings will somehow improve this situation.

Rioters are imbeciles that only hurt their cause. Assuming they even give a shit about the cause. But if we shot every fool we'd run out of people pretty damned quick and you'd be among the first up against the wall.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
23-09-2016, 10:28 PM
(23-09-2016 03:52 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  However - I can see an NJP sort of trial - and stretching some rope..... Let em hang for a while..... Wannabe looters might think twice......

Better yet - don't be a looting cunt and we won't need such drastic measures

Come the fuck on people...

This is the United States, not North Korea. Facepalm

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-09-2016, 06:52 AM
(23-09-2016 10:28 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Come the fuck on people...

This is the United States, not North Korea. Facepalm

For now. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post