No.....Sulfates......IT'S the worst thing ever!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2015, 11:18 AM
No.....Sulfates......IT'S the worst thing ever!
Along the line of soda being toxic and taking your life away, my daughter is on an anti-sulfate crusade. "Oh Mom," she said yesterday when I had bought some shampoo, "it has sulfates in it and it just strips your hair. It's very bad for your hair." Dodgy

But....but....beer has sulfates in it and hippie-dippie women have washed their hair with beer for decades and waxed poetic about how wonderful and natural beer is for the hair. Hahaha. Vinegar has sulfates in it. I've used it to clean the windows and I've also used it on my hair to get it very clean. It doesn't "strip" the hair, it simply cleans the hair. It's in most soaps and cleansers because chemists realized that without sulfates to clean some of the oils off, people start to fuckin smell.

Geez.Facepalm

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2015, 11:22 AM
RE: No.....Sulfates......IT'S the worst thing ever!
(27-07-2015 11:18 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  ...
without sulfates to clean some of the oils off, people start to fuckin smell.

Geez.Facepalm

But only for a few weeks. After that (the sheep whiff period) there is no discernable odour.

Thumbsup

27-07-2015, 11:26 AM
(27-07-2015 11:22 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 11:18 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  ...
without sulfates to clean some of the oils off, people start to fuckin smell.

Geez.Facepalm

But only for a few weeks. After that (the sheep whiff period) there is no discernable odour.

Thumbsup

Or you just get used to it and everyone can smell you a mile away. Drinking Beverage

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

27-07-2015, 11:48 AM
(27-07-2015 11:26 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 11:22 AM)DLJ Wrote:  But only for a few weeks. After that (the sheep whiff period) there is no discernable odour.

Thumbsup

Or you just get used to it and everyone can smell you a mile away. Drinking Beverage

I don't know whether it's living in Portland or what, but the big thing around here among girls in their 20's is not not wash their hair with shampoo anymore. They wash their hair with baking soda and rinse with vinegar. Vinegar.....has fucking sulfates in it. Then they coat their hair with coconut oil.

My daughter does this. Her once beautiful hair looks like shit, but I say nothing.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
27-07-2015, 11:58 AM
Who needs hair anyway?

'Murican Canadian
27-07-2015, 12:50 PM
Personally, sulfates irritate my skin. It's great for hair sure, but where the shampoo and body wash sit on my left hand while showering, the skin will start bubbling and peeling with sulfates. It might be a form of eczema but it has gone away completely since I've switched to shampoos and body washes without sulfates, most of them use "sulfonates" which clean about the same but don't irritate my skin. I'm sure the natural stinky hippy people hate them just as much as sulfates but I have no complaints, in fact I like a few of the products WAY better than the old ones I used, they do cost a bit more though. I absolutely adore Vitabath body wash. :-D

I don't understand the no shampoo craze either, my hair is pretty perfect as is, wouldn't want to change a thing. I wash it everyday, never had a problem with dryness either. I only blowdry or curl my hair a couple times a year though, and NEVER color it. That's what dries out your hair.

"just an FYI: There are 2 kinds of people in the world -- those who divide everybody into 2 kinds of people & those who don't." Neil deGrasse Tyson
27-07-2015, 01:00 PM
Oh, so she apparently want aliens to be able to come here and destroy us all? No thanks I'll keep the sulfates and sulfide goodness in my hair

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
27-07-2015, 07:44 PM
(27-07-2015 11:48 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I don't know whether it's living in Portland or what, but the big thing around here among girls in their 20's is not not wash their hair with shampoo anymore. They wash their hair with baking soda and rinse with vinegar.

I just wash it with water. No shampoo or soap required. Hair don't get frizzed split ends and looks a little oily but good.

(27-07-2015 11:48 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Then they coat their hair with coconut oil.

I've tried this on my beard to make it grow downward instead of scraggly. Didn't work. Still grows scraggly.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
27-07-2015, 09:17 PM
tbh all shampoo strips your hair. All-natural is the only way.
27-07-2015, 09:25 PM
meh

Codeine sulfate
Morphine sulfate
Magnesium sulfate
Neomycin sulfate
Ferrous sulfate
Zinc sulfate

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.