No.....Sulfates......IT'S the worst thing ever!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2015, 08:04 AM
RE: No.....Sulfates......IT'S the worst thing ever!
I hope she never needs Heparin. Those damn sulfates in there as well.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
28-07-2015, 04:19 PM
Then there is our old friend, barium sulfate. I just got filled with that stuff yesterday. You drink about a quart and a half, and, if you are really unlucky, they will shoot some up your ass. It's radiopaque so they can do a CT scan of your entire digestive tract. As my late mother in law once said, barium sulfate will cause you to shit out stuff you ate in 1955. I think she was right.
[+] 2 users Like Black Eagle's post
28-07-2015, 07:29 PM
(28-07-2015 04:19 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  Then there is our old friend, barium sulfate. I just got filled with that stuff yesterday. You drink about a quart and a half, and, if you are really unlucky, they will shoot some up your ass. It's radiopaque so they can do a CT scan of your entire digestive tract. As my late mother in law once said, barium sulfate will cause you to shit out stuff you ate in 1955. I think she was right.

Hahaha. I hit the "like" button on that one. Not that I'd really like some barium sulfate.... but.... you know what I mean. I'm supposed to go in for one of these colon check ups soon. Sadcryface

I don't wanna. Weeping

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
29-07-2015, 10:53 AM
I have to get colonoscopies every year. Several years ago, I had a benign tumor in my ascending colon and the surgeon took about 14 inches of it out along with my appendix. I tell people I used to have a colon and now I have a semi-colon.

Colonoscopies aren't bad but the clean out before hand is not fun. I have to get them every year because of my history and because I have ulcerative proctitis. I do it in February because February is a gray and gloomy month anyway.
08-09-2015, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2015 10:55 PM by Naridar.)
Bad news Sad
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11581495

You have 300uM of sulfate per litre of plasma in your body. Get used to the thought Wink

(Edited to correct an error)
[+] 1 user Likes Naridar's post