No True Metalhead Fallacy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2015, 07:30 AM
Re: RE: No True Metalhead Fallacy
(03-04-2015 10:57 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  We must have caught the same tour. Got a question, if you remember.

One thing that irked me about the Tool show is that Maynard performed pretty much the whole show on a little raised stage on the side which was in the dark and he was facing away from the crowd like Jim Morrison at an early Doors gig. He never did engage the crowd except for his vocal performance. I'm just wondering if it was part of his performance, or if he just didn't like being in kansas and it was his way of protesting. Blush

I love the guy either way, just wish I could have seen Maynard at his best instead of disengaged. Wondering if you remember whether or not it was like that at the show you saw.

I saw them playing in southern MS.
I saw very little of the lead and I remember thinking that he must be behind the rest of the band.

Then again, I was right in front of the stage and I'm ridiculously short. There's also a good chance I wasn't in my right mind. Rolleyes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes mecanna's post
04-04-2015, 02:58 PM
RE: No True Metalhead Fallacy
(03-04-2015 11:19 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(03-04-2015 01:53 PM)StrangestTribe Wrote:  You should check out Nevermore. I think they've officially disbanded, but they have 7 albums from 1995 to 2010 and they are all fantastic. Their lead singer was operatically trained and their lead guitarist is one of those classical-virtuoso types. Their lyrics are very political and very anti-religious. They're definitely one of my favorites.

Jeff Loomis the main guitarist form Nevermore is still putting out awesome riffage and insane lead material. This is just a small sample of what he's on.

He's fantastic. Warrel Dane (frontman) has some pretty solid solo material as well.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
04-04-2015, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2015 04:41 PM by Alex K.)

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
04-04-2015, 04:51 PM
Sorry, but you knew this was coming; me being a Portnoy/Petrucci mark after all...

[Image: garbage-day-o.gif]
06-04-2015, 06:57 AM
I, too, am one of those "untrue metalheads" who started in the early 2000's with Dimmu Borgir, In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Opeth, Soilwork, Emperor... Then I took a long break from metal in general.

Last year, I discovered Insomnium's latest album. While it's not folk metal, it's still from Finland and the melodies just haunted my dreams ever since I first heard it.

Linking one song, but the full album is one long stream of pure awesomeness.

[+] 1 user Likes Thanh's post
13-04-2015, 03:21 PM

Two of the bandmembers are keen coarse anglers. Just like me...

The one, true, and real Harvey

Bene vixit, bene qui latuit
René Descartes
10-05-2015, 03:32 AM
Information RE: No True Metalhead Fallacy

This is more straightforward metal, but still pretty cool. I love how after the instrumental the guy just belts up and keeps his voice all the way up til the end of the song :L

I love the worship music feel to it too. I can almost see all of the black american women with blue robes and bibles lol