No True Scotsman

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2012, 03:01 AM
RE: No True Scotsman
I once posted a somewhat lengthy diatribe against the misuse of this fallacy here: http://atheistforums.org/thread-8414.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2012, 08:25 AM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2012 08:33 AM by whateverist.)
(11-04-2012 03:01 AM)Tiberius Wrote:  I once posted a somewhat lengthy diatribe against the misuse of this fallacy here: http://atheistforums.org/thread-8414.html

I know that site. That's the one where Tiberius banned me for saying that his site -yes he owns it- is corrupt and a loony bin run by the inmates. Some people just don't take criticism well.

Moderators at Atheist Forums.org not only read what are called 'Private' messages sent between members, a moderator named Shell B even quoted one which wasn't sent to her on a public thread. To be fair when one signs up to post on that website there is a disclaimer that says private messages can be read by moderators. Still it is kind of surprising that they would actually want to. By the way, the justification given for quoting that message was to expose the member who sent it as a liar. Honestly? We need proof that certain people are liars? Aren't we all liars? The lying that so desperately needed exposing in this case was that member's friendly remark to a post by that moderator. The moderator was outraged that a person could send a private message to someone else warning how mean spirited she (the moderator) can be, and then turn right around and act nicely toward her. The moderator's principle seems to be if you have any criticisms of her which you are willing to express in private you'd damn well better say the same to her face or you'll just really piss her off. Good thing they don't have technology to read your mind. You know they'd make up some rules pertaining to what you may think about the incredible Ms Shell B if they only had the technology to enforce them. (Oh, if you really care to know Shell B and Tiberius have a little thing going on which helps explain how criticizing her can be such a banning offense there.)

Damn but I miss the unpredictable drama of that place, not to mention the ready ridicule and vitriol hurled at theists. Really that place is more about the socializing than it is about the sharing of ideas. I'm kind of proud of being the kind of guy they don't want to have around.

[Image: rSJ3y4]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like whateverist's post
19-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Now tiberius will spend the next 7 pages arguing over this. Sorry I havent been posting much, I just quit my last bar band and joined another that is a thousand times better.

"Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!" - RevJ. Cool

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
[+] 1 user Likes reverendjeremiah's post
19-04-2012, 12:26 PM
(19-04-2012 12:09 PM)reverendjeremiah Wrote:  Now tiberius will spend the next 7 pages arguing over this. Sorry I havent been posting much, I just quit my last bar band and joined another that is a thousand times better.
Bar band? You play in a musical group? What instrument and genre of music?

19-04-2012, 12:31 PM
(19-04-2012 08:25 AM)whateverist Wrote:  
(11-04-2012 03:01 AM)Tiberius Wrote:  I once posted a somewhat lengthy diatribe against the misuse of this fallacy here: http://atheistforums.org/thread-8414.html

I know that site. That's the one where Tiberius banned me for saying that his site -yes he owns it- is corrupt and a loony bin run by the inmates.

I doubt you'll find any less lunacy here. But we're too fucking insane to be susceptible to corruption (although I'm a little worried by the fact that we felt we needed new rules, feels like some of us forgot we're supposed to spit out our meds, but whatever Wink).

(11-04-2012 03:01 AM)Tiberius Wrote:  Really that place is more about the socializing than it is about the sharing of ideas.

Blush

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-04-2012, 02:25 PM
(19-04-2012 12:26 PM)whateverist Wrote:  
(19-04-2012 12:09 PM)reverendjeremiah Wrote:  Now tiberius will spend the next 7 pages arguing over this. Sorry I havent been posting much, I just quit my last bar band and joined another that is a thousand times better.
He plays bass like a funkin' BOSS.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
19-04-2012, 04:03 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2012 04:07 PM by reverendjeremiah.)
(19-04-2012 12:26 PM)whateverist Wrote:  
I play bass and I play all kinds of music. If I get payed, then it will be played.

(19-04-2012 02:25 PM)frankiej Wrote:  
(19-04-2012 12:26 PM)whateverist Wrote:  Bar band? You play in a musical group? What instrument and genre of music?
He plays bass like a funkin' BOSS.
Thanks for the positive comment man. It makes me happy that people enjoy hearing me play my bass as much as I enjoy playing it. Smile

"Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!" - RevJ. Cool

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
[+] 2 users Like reverendjeremiah's post
19-04-2012, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2012 07:50 PM by GirlyMan.)
(19-04-2012 04:03 PM)reverendjeremiah Wrote:  
(19-04-2012 12:26 PM)whateverist Wrote:  Bar band? You play in a musical group? What instrument and genre of music?
I play bass and I play all kinds of music. If I get payed, then it will be played.

(19-04-2012 02:25 PM)frankiej Wrote:  He plays bass like a funkin' BOSS.
Thanks for the positive comment man. It makes me happy that people enjoy hearing me play my bass as much as I enjoy playing it. Smile

Links? When I look for you on youtube all I find is Rev. Jeremiah Wright. ... And he don't look like you. Wink

Edit: Never mind, I can find enough of you in your arcade. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
19-04-2012, 09:11 PM
(19-04-2012 04:03 PM)reverendjeremiah Wrote:  

(19-04-2012 02:25 PM)frankiej Wrote:  He plays bass like a funkin' BOSS.
I'd like to hear something. Any chance you have something up at youtube?

19-04-2012, 09:15 PM
What's the big deal? Lucradis reads our pm's all the time.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post