No atheist will be spared

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2017, 07:56 PM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2017 08:00 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: No atheist will be spared
(27-02-2017 06:38 PM)M. Linoge Wrote:  Meanwhile 'pooh p pantz' is still active.......

With everyone interesting being sectioned 8 here, maybe it'll get bored and follow you over here. That'd be fun.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-02-2017, 08:01 PM
Welcome! Thanks for sharing your story and background.

One day, in college, I stepped out of class and a $20 bill came floating to me on a breeze. I was religious at the time and naturally thought God had sent me that $20 for a very precise reason. I told the story with great feeling to all my Christian friends. *how embarrassing* I love your point that someone else had to lose $20 for me to gain it. Gee, if only I could go back and whisper that to my 20-year-old self.
[+] 4 users Like port_of_call's post
27-02-2017, 08:05 PM
(27-02-2017 07:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-02-2017 06:38 PM)M. Linoge Wrote:  Meanwhile 'pooh p pantz' is still active.......

With everyone interesting being sectioned 8 here, maybe it'll get bored and follow you over here. That'd be fun.

Maybe. Imbeciles can be a lot of fun. 'pooh p pantz' however, is a tad too pathetic to laugh at.
[+] 2 users Like M. Linoge's post
27-02-2017, 08:12 PM
Welcome!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-02-2017, 01:05 AM
Heya, welcome!

It is scary how bad some people are at interpreting evidence.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
28-02-2017, 01:33 AM
God damn, you people are like diarrhea. You think you're done but it just keeps coming. But, like diarrhea, at least you people are warm and easy going.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
28-02-2017, 01:40 AM
Welcome.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
28-02-2017, 03:19 AM
Welcome to TTA mate, that amazon forum sounds like a load of total shit tbh. This place is way betterSmile
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
28-02-2017, 04:20 AM
Welcome! Great story.

The ad hoc rationalizations I've heard from so many religionists never fail to amaze me. To me, religion is a way of shutting out things you don't wish to think too much about-- it's one of the reasons they so often hit us with the "yeah well how do you explain ________!?" (Sometimes it's something we also can't explain, and sometimes it's something very well understood but that requires an open mind and complex thinking to suss out, such as evolution.) When it's something unknown, they can't accept our "I don't know" response, however intellectually honest that response is for both of us. They're much more comfortable not having to think about things too deeply because they're sheltered by their magical explanations, and so your very existence as a skeptic, who says that magic doesn't happen, threatens their safety blanket. That makes them afraid and, in the words of the only Master whose title I accept:

[Image: 979e7e2af74f1c7a68726795f99f013c7ebefe0e...12ee80.jpg]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
02-03-2017, 03:16 PM
Good to see you.
[+] 1 user Likes Mary L. Mand's post