No case of macro-evolution has ever been documented

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2015, 06:18 AM
RE: No case of macro-evolution has ever been documented
While no case of "macro-evolution" may have been observed, many have been documented.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
24-06-2015, 01:24 PM
Try the Phylogenetic tree

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phylogenet...fe_SVG.svg
Find all posts by this user
24-06-2015, 01:30 PM
(23-06-2015 03:42 PM)LostLocke Wrote:  It's very similar to saying something like...

No one has ever witnessed a human infant turn into a human adult, therefore, human adults must be formed 'as is'.
They would of course argue that an infant doesn't turn into an adult instantly, it takes a few decades for the process. And that's when you get to respond, "Exactly!"

Idiots will reply "that's different." When you ask why they will mutter "jesus."

There is no educating the willfully ignorant.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
24-06-2015, 01:43 PM
(23-06-2015 06:18 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(23-06-2015 03:09 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  What are some other push-backs you get when discussing evolution with creationists??

Whenever creationists think of Macro Evolution, they think of something like Pokemon or Digimon where something can just evolve into another different thing. All they do is show their ignorance. 99.9% of them probably don't even research it.They just copy paste the same arguments that have been used for years.

Jdog

I notice that you used the terms Creationists and Think in the same sentence. Surely that's oxymoronic?

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
24-06-2015, 03:24 PM
(24-06-2015 06:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  While no case of "macro-evolution" may have been observed, many have been documented.

I'm not sure about that. I mean, as the OP notes, 'macro' is just a term for species-or-above evolution, of which, a number of experiments with Drosophila have claimed to have observed speciation.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-06-2015, 06:05 PM
"What are some other push-backs you get when discussing evolution with creationists??"

Misunderstanding of what a mutation is

Don't understand fossils or processes involved in fossilization

No understanding of what the geologic timescale represents

Misunderstanding of adaptation and evolution

Or to put it more bluntly, they don't understand what science is. Neither the process nor the collective body of knowledge.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 4 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
24-06-2015, 06:28 PM
(24-06-2015 01:43 PM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(23-06-2015 06:18 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Whenever creationists think of Macro Evolution, they think of something like Pokemon or Digimon where something can just evolve into another different thing. All they do is show their ignorance. 99.9% of them probably don't even research it.They just copy paste the same arguments that have been used for years.

Jdog

I notice that you used the terms Creationists and Think in the same sentence. Surely that's oxymoronic?

Should have used "assume"

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
24-06-2015, 07:51 PM
(24-06-2015 03:24 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I'm not sure about that. I mean, as the OP notes, 'macro' is just a term for species-or-above evolution, of which, a number of experiments with Drosophila have claimed to have observed speciation.
Did flies produce cats or are you talking about flies producing more flies?

These people set a goal such as a Kind must be observed to produce offspring of a different Kind.

If this did happen however, it would disprove the theory of evolution and would support some kind of magical intervention.

These people don't understand evolution. Not because they are dumb or because evolution is hard to understand. They don't understand because then evolution would make sense and creationism would be in serious jeopardy. Internally they don't want to understand evolution, they are happy to have their heads full of straw on this topic.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
25-06-2015, 12:42 PM
(23-06-2015 06:01 PM)pablo Wrote:  Usually anyone who opposes evolution is either unable, or unwilling to understand how it works and isn't worth the argument.

Actually I don't totally understand how it works, not being terribly scientifically minded, but I get the general gist of it.

When I was about 6 or 7 years old I was laying next to our family dog who was snoozing away on the floor and I sat there feeling his feet and realized, hey! he has toes..... just like me. Hey, he has a funny knees....just like me. Hey, he has ribs....just like me. And I went over his body kinda feeling his bones (he was a very sweet, placid dog so he didn't mind) and I found all kinds of similar stuff, like eyes, nose, mouth, teeth and back bone. I thought it was so cool that our dog had almost all the same stuff I did. Like we were related to each other. I found this very comforting and simply wonderful. Smile Big Grin Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
25-06-2015, 05:53 PM
(25-06-2015 12:42 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Actually I don't totally understand how it works, not being terribly scientifically minded, but I get the general gist of it.

Still more than most creationists.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze