No diploma for Atheists in AZ if the fundees have their way...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2013, 08:51 AM
No diploma for Atheists in AZ if the fundees have their way...
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...gh-school/

Some of these old fundee shit bags need to start dropping. This is not the United States of Jesus, this is not a theocracy, this is a secular nation by law damnit!

Ps. Not sure if this belongs in politics, news or Atheism/Theism (probably all 3) so feel free to move it.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2013, 08:54 AM
RE: No diploma for Atheists in AZ if the fundees have their way...
What is it with these people and their oaths?

For people that repeatedly praise the constitution, they seem to have only a passing aquaintance with it.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
19-07-2013, 08:59 AM
I live in Errorzona and these republicunt shitheads are always introducing stupid laws to make their idiot electorate feel better. BTW, the same moron who introduced this bill to "uphold the constitution by oath" also proposed a bill to exempt the state from federal gun control laws.

Just one more asshole in the AZ legislature. There is no shortage.
19-07-2013, 09:13 AM
All you have to do is slap the word Christian onto it, and the sheep follow.

~Would prefer that fewer humans type or speak down.~
~One only takes it for a while.~
[+] 2 users Like Lienda Bella's post
19-07-2013, 10:49 AM
while it looks like at the end of the story there may be more flexibility in the language I still don't see the point of the oath. If I don't uphold the constitution bu disagreeing with it can I be brought up on charges of breaking my oath? An oath is as good as the person who uttered it. For some it will mean something for others nothing and I am only talking about the very moment it is stated. As time passes it will be washed away by other more current things like what happened in the previous weeks Glee episode. This just seems to be a waste of time with zero benefit.
19-07-2013, 11:09 AM
America's trying to be a free country, and the Republicans go out to make it as un-free as it could possibly get.

(12-11-2011 08:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "Love is merely chemistry" is a deception. We are merely chemistry. Love makes us master chemists.
[+] 4 users Like Ferdinand's post
19-07-2013, 11:20 AM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2013 05:25 PM by Bucky Ball.)
To bad they never read their Babbles.

Matthew 5:33-37 33 "Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.' 34 But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God's throne; 35 nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. 36 Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black. 37 But let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No.' For whatever is more than these is from the evil one."

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
19-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Atheists are disproportionately enrolled in higher education programs like university/college and have a lower dropout rate in high school, so maybe fundies preventing atheists from graduating high school is part of an evil plan to make themselves feel less stupid by comparison.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Elesjei's post
19-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Arizona is trying to out 'bat-shit crazy' Texas!

Texas has set the bar pretty high, but Arizona is making a nice run at them.
[+] 2 users Like Simon Moon's post
19-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Eh. If it actually passes, I'll criticize Arizona. For now, it only reflects on right wing politicians. And I criticize them plenty already.

Ironically, the proposed loyalty oath would require every high school graduate to defend the Constitution against those who proposed the loyalty oath. Proving, once again, that THESE PEOPLE ARE MORONS.

Warning Labels: Long-winded. Twisted sense of humor (including puns, literalisms, absurdisms, all complicated by sarcasm and deadpan delivery). Contrarian. Do not combine with high quantities of sugar, acid (corrosive or hallucinogenic), or people who take themselves too seriously.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Newest Accusation For Proof That Atheists Are Evil: Dr. Kevorkian Was Atheist! WindyCityJazz 3 112 22-07-2014 07:54 PM
Last Post: Smercury44
  Check Mate Atheists, You're All Wrong elconquistador 14 333 15-07-2014 11:01 AM
Last Post: kim
  Yes, Atheists Should Be Patient With Theists, But We Also Have The Right To Get Angry WindyCityJazz 19 425 23-06-2014 08:17 AM
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Atheists are no better than Christians gilius2k14 114 1,645 19-06-2014 12:35 PM
Last Post: Rahn127
  [split] I need to rant to other atheists. Jeremy E Walker 492 6,866 15-06-2014 09:47 PM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  I need to rant to other atheists. LadyWallFlower 28 864 11-06-2014 02:25 PM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  Briefly: WHY ARE ATHEISTS CONCERNED ABOUT RELIGION? Forthright Atheist 61 1,730 07-06-2014 03:46 AM
Last Post: One Above All