No diploma for Atheists in AZ if the fundees have their way...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2013, 06:19 PM
RE: No diploma for Atheists in AZ if the fundees have their way...
"The oath you want me to take protects me from shit like this.

Your law is unconstitutional and since I take the rights I have, guaranteed by the constitution, seriously, you will be facing a law suit if I don't get my damn diploma. If you want me to take an exam on the constitution as a requirement for graduation, fine. If you want to quiz me on any aspect that I have studied over the past 4 years, sure, no problem, but when I'm old enough to vote, I'll be trying to pass a law saying that all persons seeking political office must also pass a basic biology, chemistry, math, physics and government test. And if you fail the constitution portion, you can't seek any political office for at least 2 yrs"

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
20-07-2013, 01:19 AM
First Texas, now Arizona. To top it off in the state of Indiana they're trying to make gay marriage a felony, punishable by 18 months to three years in jail. This country is starting to scare me No

Prog rock extraordinaire at your service
20-07-2013, 02:18 AM
I remember hearing about this a while ago. Hopefully it will never pass.
22-07-2013, 10:56 AM
(19-07-2013 11:09 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  America's trying to be a free country, and the Republicans go out to make it as un-free as it could possibly get.

America is now the "Land of the Not So Free As You Think You Are."
22-07-2013, 11:16 AM
[Image: Screen-shot-2013-01-26-at-9.56.44-AM-e1359212410670.png]

[Image: image.png]

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
22-07-2013, 11:16 AM
(22-07-2013 10:56 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  
(19-07-2013 11:09 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  America's trying to be a free country, and the Republicans go out to make it as un-free as it could possibly get.

America is now the "Land of the Not So Free As You Think You Are."

What else is new?

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
22-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Gotta love this part: "I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion".

Fail.

“One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.”

- Bertrand Russel
22-07-2013, 07:59 PM
I fucking hate politicians and all their bullshit propaganda appeals to the nutjobs.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good politician is a bad politician.

25-07-2013, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2013 11:26 AM by Logica Humano.)
(22-07-2013 07:59 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I fucking hate politicians and all their bullshit propaganda appeals to the nutjobs.

Ah, so your solution would be to eliminate the possibility to get politicians that benefit society and, in turn, put the nutjobs in direct, unrestricted power?

[Image: libertarian_freedom.png]

(22-07-2013 07:59 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good politician is a bad politician.

Basing that off of American legislators is like basing the entirety of your opinion on women off of Ann Coulter.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 5 users Like Logica Humano's post
25-07-2013, 10:12 AM
I do solemnly swear that I am being forced to take this oath as a requirement for graduation. By taking this religious oath which is demanded by the state, I acknowledge that it violates the constitution of which this oath demands that I uphold. Therefore, the state is forcing me to uphold the constitution and NOT take the oath or take the religious oath and ignore my own morals, standards and constitutional law in order to receive a diploma from this fucked up state.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post