No excuses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2014, 06:40 PM
No excuses
The Witcher and the Witcher 2 are currently 85% off on Steam. $2.99USD and $1.49USD.

If you do not own these games, you now have absolutely zero excuse as to why you don't own these games.

Buy that shit or I will defriend you on Facebook and if you're not my friend on Facebook (which is likely because none of you are) I will friend you specifically just to defriend you.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
30-12-2014, 06:48 PM
RE: No excuses
(30-12-2014 06:40 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The Witcher and the Witcher 2 are currently 85% off on Steam. $2.99USD and $1.49USD.

If you do not own these games, you now have absolutely zero excuse as to why you don't own these games.

Buy that shit or I will defriend you on Facebook and if you're not my friend on Facebook (which is likely because none of you are) I will friend you specifically just to defriend you.

My excuse is that I'm not buying any new games until March.
This is bolstered by my lack of Steam credit.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
30-12-2014, 08:56 PM
AW: RE: No excuses
(30-12-2014 06:40 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The Witcher and the Witcher 2 are currently 85% off on Steam. $2.99USD and $1.49USD.

Mah nigga. Cool

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
30-12-2014, 09:01 PM
Not gonna.

Tongue

30-12-2014, 09:10 PM
Don't play many steam games and If I was buying PC games I'd rather support the companies that make good games with giving them the money they earn. Drinking Beverage

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
30-12-2014, 09:22 PM
Seems like the kind of game I'd like but I've been avoiding 2 and 3 because I hadn't played 1 yet. I'll go snatch that up now. Heck then maybe I'll go ahead and get a new system if I like it enough to go on to 3.

'Murican Canadian
30-12-2014, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2014 11:33 PM by earmuffs.)
(30-12-2014 09:10 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Don't play many steam games and If I was buying PC games I'd rather support the companies that make good games with giving them the money they earn. Drinking Beverage

You mean like buying the game... like what I'm saying you should do...
Your comments make no sense.

Allow me to elaborate.
Paying more does not necessarily mean the company that made the game gets more.
ie: Buying digitally off Steam you pay Steam, Steam takes a small percentage and the gaming company gets the rest.
ie2: Buying the physical copy of the game from Gamestop. Gamestop takes a percentage. The shipping company takes a fixed portion (well, they don't take it but it costs to ship things and that price is passed on to the consumer). The company that packages and passes it onto the shipping company takes a fixed portion. Finally the gaming company that made the game gets a portion.

In both cases the company that made the game probably gets the same amount if not more via Steam...

If you wanna wait till the game is full price and buy it on their website that's your prerogative but it's fucking stupid.
Having sales is business. Sales = more revenue because they drive sales numbers up. You shouldn't "feel bad" for buying something on sale.
Why is it ok to buy something from the grocery store when it's on special but not video games?

tl;dr: you're being a dumb fuck.

[Image: oscar.png]
30-12-2014, 11:45 PM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2014 11:48 PM by EvolutionKills.)

I already owned both of these games, but I bought them again just for the convenience of having them in my Steam library; and the Steam Achievements for 2 was a nice touch.

Also I fired up Witcher 2 (along with Crysis 3) for a few minutes just to test out my new SLI setup, and damn does that game still look good.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
30-12-2014, 11:58 PM
(30-12-2014 11:28 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 09:10 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Don't play many steam games and If I was buying PC games I'd rather support the companies that make good games with giving them the money they earn. Drinking Beverage

You mean like buying the game... like what I'm saying you should do...
Your comments make no sense.

Allow me to elaborate.
Paying more does not necessarily mean the company that made the game gets more.
ie: Buying digitally off Steam you pay Steam, Steam takes a small percentage and the gaming company gets the rest.
ie2: Buying the physical copy of the game from Gamestop. Gamestop takes a percentage. The shipping company takes a fixed portion (well, they don't take it but it costs to ship things and that price is passed on to the consumer). The company that packages and passes it onto the shipping company takes a fixed portion. Finally the gaming company that made the game gets a portion.

In both cases the company that made the game probably gets the same amount if not more via Steam...

If you wanna wait till the game is full price and buy it on their website that's your prerogative but it's fucking stupid.
Having sales is business. Sales = more revenue because they drive sales numbers up. You shouldn't "feel bad" for buying something on sale.
Why is it ok to buy something from the grocery store when it's on special but not video games?

tl;dr: you're being a dumb fuck.

I can give you a TL;DR version instead of elaborating.

Steam sales are statistically showing to be a negative income act upon the gaming developers industry.

Of course game-stops and the sale of used games across the world has a negative income impact. Though the method of which steam is completely generating sales on lower than necessarily marked rates is disappointing.

But yes, Witcher being on sale is a poor reason to say one ought to purchase it. Though I'm glad the process of others seeing it may spread. And it's good to hear Witcher 3 isn't being rushed to be something dreadfully disappointing

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
31-12-2014, 12:06 AM
(30-12-2014 11:58 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Steam sales are statistically showing to be a negative income act upon the gaming developers industry.

Do you have a link for that? All I've ever seen is indie developers praise Steam whenever their title gets a front page sale, allowing them to move far more units and bringing in an instant wellspring of income for them.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post