No husbands or wives in heaven

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2013, 03:24 PM
RE: No husbands or wives in heaven
(15-08-2013 03:11 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Children in wedding dresses - BURN my eyes. OMFG

WTF ?

I know there are pedofiles out there. I understand the reality but geeez, come on people these are your children.
For fucks sake - give a damn please

I will say my first communion dress and veil was cute. Lol. I got to wear white gloves and felt sooo grown up.

The Quinceanera's (a 15 year old's coming out party) begins at the church and ends with a big party...go figure it's just like a wedding. My girlfriend was promised to her boyfriend at hers too. She got married when she was 17 and never finished high school.

Here's an image of one I found....

[Image: D55C6338-2C24-4D66-AB3D-78EA8C32F2C0-268...0E6A10.jpg]

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2013, 03:39 PM
I don't remember first communion, that's how much of an impression it made on me. I do remember confirmation because I was 11 years old and had recently moved to Catholic land where my classmates had been confirmed about 3 years earlier. I had to attend all the classes and practices with the younger kids. It's also when I found out that I had been given a baptismal name because my given first and middle names aren't Biblical. Same thing for confirmation, had to be given another Biblical name. So I ended up with two extra names that matter only to the Catholic keeper of such nonsense.

Catholic sacraments and ceremonies are pretty nutty when you really look at what they are supposed to mean.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
15-08-2013, 03:57 PM
(15-08-2013 03:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I don't remember first communion, that's how much of an impression it made on me. I do remember confirmation because I was 11 years old and had recently moved to Catholic land where my classmates had been confirmed about 3 years earlier. I had to attend all the classes and practices with the younger kids. It's also when I found out that I had been given a baptismal name because my given first and middle names aren't Biblical. Same thing for confirmation, had to be given another Biblical name. So I ended up with two extra names that matter only to the Catholic keeper of such nonsense.

Catholic sacraments and ceremonies are pretty nutty when you really look at what they are supposed to mean.

That's interesting! We all had our first communion in 2nd grade and were confirmed around the 8th grade!

But if you weren't baptized as a baby (in any faith), they would wait until your confirmation to do it.

15-08-2013, 04:29 PM
(15-08-2013 11:47 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  It's a Dom & Sub relationship

Does that mean he is all mine to do with as I wish? Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
15-08-2013, 04:33 PM
(15-08-2013 11:47 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  For me it reminded me of some medieval lord who, by right, could sleep with any woman who was about to be married.

I think the people in christianity buy in so deeply to the idea of LORDS and peasants.
"Oh lord, you are so much wiser than I am. I am your servant and glad to be because you are so much better than me."

They seem to crave this kind of relationship. Placing one individual upon a pedestal so that he or she can rule over them.
"Rule me lord. Tell me what to do and how to live."

It's a Dom & Sub relationship

Yes it totally is. I would also suggest that most religions are based heavily on a power exchange dynamic.

15-08-2013, 04:35 PM
(15-08-2013 03:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-08-2013 03:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I don't remember first communion, that's how much of an impression it made on me. I do remember confirmation because I was 11 years old and had recently moved to Catholic land where my classmates had been confirmed about 3 years earlier. I had to attend all the classes and practices with the younger kids. It's also when I found out that I had been given a baptismal name because my given first and middle names aren't Biblical. Same thing for confirmation, had to be given another Biblical name. So I ended up with two extra names that matter only to the Catholic keeper of such nonsense.

That's interesting! We all had our first communion in 2nd grade and were confirmed around the 8th grade!

But if you weren't baptized as a baby (in any faith), they would wait until your confirmation to do it.

I had communion in the second grade. We were dressed in white with veils and a big huge decorated candle we had to carry. We met at the school and marched in rows of 2 to the church. And yes, a feast for pedo eyes.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
15-08-2013, 05:07 PM
(15-08-2013 04:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(15-08-2013 03:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That's interesting! We all had our first communion in 2nd grade and were confirmed around the 8th grade!

I had communion in the second grade. We were dressed in white with veils and a big huge decorated candle we had to carry. We met at the school and marched in rows of 2 to the church. And yes, a feast for pedo eyes.

I had a little white prayer book that was attached to my wrist with ribbons so hands were free to hold the candle. Big Grin

15-08-2013, 05:19 PM
(15-08-2013 05:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-08-2013 04:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  I had communion in the second grade. We were dressed in white with veils and a big huge decorated candle we had to carry. We met at the school and marched in rows of 2 to the church. And yes, a feast for pedo eyes.

I had a little white prayer book that was attached to my wrist with ribbons so hands were free to hold the candle. Big Grin

I don't remember the prayer book, but I remember struggling with that darn candle. It was almost as tall as me, thick, and had golden stuff engraved on it.

15-08-2013, 07:15 PM
(15-08-2013 12:03 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-08-2013 10:03 AM)Anjele Wrote:  And, looking back on it, the dresses we had to wear for confirmation looked suspiciously like bridal gowns....hmmm....creepy. I just got chills, and not the good kind.

We could wear whatever for our confirmation...but the first communion...those dresses were mini-bride gowns...
[Image: F48CB1A3-08FC-48D7-894D-B7113976E62A-666...32342B.jpg]

Like this one.....really....

[Image: 74204074-AAA4-4F5E-983D-CED867282394-666...573DF9.jpg]

Mine had a veil like this...

[Image: 403ED6B9-92CE-479F-8F12-9805A39DE0C2-666...651C13.jpg]

I bet the church never paid for those dresses
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-08-2013, 07:30 PM
(15-08-2013 07:15 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(15-08-2013 12:03 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  We could wear whatever for our confirmation...but the first communion...those dresses were mini-bride gowns...
[Image: F48CB1A3-08FC-48D7-894D-B7113976E62A-666...32342B.jpg]

Like this one.....really....

[Image: 74204074-AAA4-4F5E-983D-CED867282394-666...573DF9.jpg]

Mine had a veil like this...

[Image: 403ED6B9-92CE-479F-8F12-9805A39DE0C2-666...651C13.jpg]

I bet the church never paid for those dresses

Of course it didn't. Or the shoes, or veils, or frilly socks, or any of the other props. It was expected and accepted that the parents coughed up the bucks.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy