No it's not you...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2014, 03:54 PM
No it's not you...
I'm gonna write this for some people that may have been in a similar position to me before I became an atheist.

I know you've seen it. I know you've heard it. I know that every time it comes up in your mind you try to repress it. The whole routine is getting old now. I'm talking about the constant contradiction of your theistic world view. You wanna scream and shout "Hold on just a minute god, are you seeing this shit right here?" I know I've been there. Trust me it's not you that's crazy.

You've done your god damn best to be a good christian. You've resisted "temptation" while all your friends fornicate their brains out. Yet you notice that they continue to prosper. You wanna cry out to the Lord God almighty and say, "When shall I receive my reward for my loyal service oh, grand master? I have not forsaken your commandments even to this very day." But your wicked friends keep winning. It's not you that's insane.

Maybe some of you are straight up fucking tired of doing your level best for god. Praying before every meal, dropping some change in the beggar's tin, praying for your enemies, standing up to your friends and taking the unpopular stance just to please his highness. But shit times just don't get off you like a sweat soaked shirt. It's not you that's losing it trust me.

When will you finally admit it to yourself? That your world view is flawed. When will you realise that turning the other cheek means you get labled a pussy and that's all that'll come of it. When are you gonna stop fooling yourself that sex after marriage is different? Does apple pie taste different depending on how much pie you've had before? Stop watching your life go down for a god who watches your efforts with indifference. Stop turning a blind fucken eye to the contradictions!

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like BlackMason's post
30-04-2014, 04:07 PM
RE: No it's not you...
(30-04-2014 03:54 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  I'm gonna write this for some people that may have been in a similar position to me before I became an atheist.

I know you've seen it. I know you've heard it. I know that every time it comes up in your mind you try to repress it. The whole routine is getting old now. I'm talking about the constant contradiction of your theistic world view. You wanna scream and shout "Hold on just a minute god, are you seeing this shit right here?" I know I've been there. Trust me it's not you that's crazy.

You've done your god damn best to be a good christian. You've resisted "temptation" while all your friends fornicate their brains out. Yet you notice that they continue to prosper. You wanna cry out to the Lord God almighty and say, "When shall I receive my reward for my loyal service oh, grand master? I have not forsaken your commandments even to this very day." But your wicked friends keep winning. It's not you that's insane.

Maybe some of you are straight up fucking tired of doing your level best for god. Praying before every meal, dropping some change in the beggar's tin, praying for your enemies, standing up to your friends and taking the unpopular stance just to please his highness. But shit times just don't get off you like a sweat soaked shirt. It's not you that's losing it trust me.

When will you finally admit it to yourself? That your world view is flawed. When will you realise that turning the other cheek means you get labled a pussy and that's all that'll come of it. When are you gonna stop fooling yourself that sex after marriage is different? Does apple pie taste different depending on how much pie you've had before? Stop watching your life go down for a god who watches your efforts with indifference. Stop turning a blind fucken eye to the contradictions!

Nice poem. I think religion needs to die but eventually. I think creationism is a bigger problem.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
01-05-2014, 12:06 AM
(30-04-2014 04:07 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Nice poem.

Poem? Thanks but that's not what I was going for. I think creationism is an easier target. People can reject it and still call themselves some sort of christian. Give the apologetics thinking atheist pod cast a listen.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
01-05-2014, 12:15 AM
(01-05-2014 12:06 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  
(30-04-2014 04:07 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Nice poem.

Poem? Thanks but that's not what I was going for. I think creationism is an easier target. People can reject it and still call themselves some sort of christian. Give the apologetics thinking atheist pod cast a listen.

Queer thing i have noticed, is that regular (non insane) Christians are not quick to dismiss creationism, its like they are playing pascal on it, when pushed they fall into old earth and hybrid science/genesis origins.
But if they were in a room alone with a YEC, the YEC would not suspect the casual Christian was in disagreement with them.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
01-05-2014, 12:17 AM
I stayed with him. I stayed with the abuse, waiting for him to stop manipulating me. I waited for God to work in his mysterious ways. The ex kept being blessed. I kept being... punished? I guess? For .... for what? Why? I'm being submissive like I was told. I bore him two children, despite nearly losing my life. I... I.... but I eventually ran.

And now I'm cursed/punished even more. And he is blessed even more.

Now, the church is kicking me out for leaving. Apparently, I had no basis for leaving. They allow for no basis for leaving. I was supposed to be a Godly witness in my suffering.
01-05-2014, 12:27 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2014 12:37 AM by BlackMason.)
(01-05-2014 12:15 AM)sporehux Wrote:  
(01-05-2014 12:06 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  Poem? Thanks but that's not what I was going for. I think creationism is an easier target. People can reject it and still call themselves some sort of christian. Give the apologetics thinking atheist pod cast a listen.

Queer thing i have noticed, is that regular (non insane) Christians are not quick to dismiss creationism, its like they are playing pascal on it, when pushed they fall into old earth and hybrid science/genesis origins.
But if they were in a room alone with a YEC, the YEC would not suspect the casual Christian was in disagreement with them.

Christianity...how honest.

(01-05-2014 12:17 AM)Charis Wrote:  I stayed with him. I stayed with the abuse, waiting for him to stop manipulating me. I waited for God to work in his mysterious ways. The ex kept being blessed. I kept being... punished? I guess? For .... for what? Why? I'm being submissive like I was told. I bore him two children, despite nearly losing my life. I... I.... but I eventually ran.

And now I'm cursed/punished even more. And he is blessed even more.

Now, the church is kicking me out for leaving. Apparently, I had no basis for leaving. They allow for no basis for leaving. I was supposed to be a Godly witness in my suffering.

Wow really!? This is the shit I'm addressing. I'm so sorry that you had to deal with that crap. People have organisations aimed at dealing with abuse in relationships of all sorts. But what about abuse from god? If you'd tell someone about this kind of abuse they'd tell you to be strong and keep taking it up the ass. What the hell is wrong with us people? I'm glad god isn't the exempt from scrutiny dictator anymore.

Witness of god in your suffering? The gymnastics these people are capable of when coming up with excuses for god is mind blowing. Good on you for leaving. How disgusting!

[+] 1 user Likes BlackMason's post