No joy in holidays

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2013, 02:51 PM
No joy in holidays
As a kid I looked forward to Thanksgiving, Christmas and all other holidays but I guess around 15 or so I stop seeing the point in all of these holidays. A lot of times I hear oh its time for you to be with family and love ones. It's really hard to do that seeing as I don't like talking or seeing family aside from regular phone calls here and there. Don't get me wrong I love my parents and my sister but I just don't like being around them at all. I dunno I think ever since I got back from my recent deployment in Afghanistan I just really don't like being around people. Anyway my apologies for rambling on from the topic. I really don't get whats so appealing about any major holiday. If you are traveling its super expensive to fly not to mention the influx of people looking to travel all at the same time, all major stores are closed so its hard to take care of any business you might have, and lastly spending time with those family members you absolutely hate. you know that one uncle who's creepy or maybe even that one crazy aunt that smells like cigarettes. Unsure Anyway the only good I see in these holiday's is time off and I'm grateful to have it though.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes MrKrispy601's post
25-12-2013, 04:36 PM
RE: No joy in holidays
Just make it what you would like. I used to love it too and now I don't. I see it as a time when absolutely no one wants anything from me as they are all busy with their own stuff. So I take a peaceful day, curl up with a book, take a nap, take a long bath, whip up something to eat that I really enjoy, and what not. A day of peaceful leisure.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
25-12-2013, 04:38 PM
(25-12-2013 04:36 PM)Dom Wrote:  Just make it what you would like. I used to love it too and now I don't. I see it as a time when absolutely no one wants anything from me as they are all busy with their own stuff. So I take a peaceful day, curl up with a book, take a nap, take a long bath, whip up something to eat that I really enjoy, and what not. A day of peaceful leisure.

Well said. That is another perk no one bothers you because they're busy with their own celebration. Thanks for the input.Big Grin
25-12-2013, 04:43 PM
I never celebrated it till this year. Lets just say it's new and part of me misses the "I don't give a fuck about this day because I never did before" feeling 'cause it's somewhat awkward.

On the fence.

Don't worry man. I get the need to vent.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
25-12-2013, 04:43 PM
If it weren't for my grandchildren, I probably wouldn't pay any attention to Christmas at all, other than a day off. Years ago I stopped anything to do with New Year's other then to, again, enjoy a day off.

Christmas is the worst time to travel. Rates go way up, you never know what the weather might throw at you to throw you off, a lot of people are sick, and it throws together people that otherwise wouldn't be together.

A few years ago I started seeing Christmas as an obligation more than anything. Expensive obligation at that. I downsized all aspects tremendously from money spent to decorations.

I do still like Thanksgiving though. What's not to like about a big meal with all the trimmings (though I have to make it) and the rest of the day watching football, or movies, or napping.

Try to find some good in it if you can.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-12-2013, 10:24 AM
(25-12-2013 04:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  If it weren't for my grandchildren, I probably wouldn't pay any attention to Christmas at all, other than a day off. Years ago I stopped anything to do with New Year's other then to, again, enjoy a day off.

Christmas is the worst time to travel. Rates go way up, you never know what the weather might throw at you to throw you off, a lot of people are sick, and it throws together people that otherwise wouldn't be together.

A few years ago I started seeing Christmas as an obligation more than anything. Expensive obligation at that. I downsized all aspects tremendously from money spent to decorations.

I do still like Thanksgiving though. What's not to like about a big meal with all the trimmings (though I have to make it) and the rest of the day watching football, or movies, or napping.

Try to find some good in it if you can.

This ^ times like 100
lol
you typed my thoughts - YAY

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post