No less rediculous than the others

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2013, 09:19 AM
No less rediculous than the others
http://newsthump.com/2013/12/11/church-o...eme-court/

Two Scientologists took legal action after officials refused to recognise batshit crazy church as a place of worship with rights to hold a marriage ceremony.

After the case was heard the judge told the court, ”Having a building where you speak to the non-existent entity of your choice is a very personal matter.”

“And it is entirely up to you whether you think that this entity is the zombie love-child of the creator of the universe, or a time-travelling lizard alien from the planet Xanu.”

“Those people who are saying that ‘scientology is not a proper religion like mine’ are somewhat missing the point.”

“If we’re going to put all religions under proper legal scrutiny I think you’d find that pretty soon there wouldn’t be any religions left at all.”

===========

This is probably a made up story. I think if any supreme court justice had made those remarks, it would have been the top news story of the day.
But still funny !!!

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Rahn127's post
14-12-2013, 09:26 AM
RE: No less rediculous than the others
Sigh!

If, only...

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
14-12-2013, 11:19 PM
How credible is this story? It doesn't seem believable that a judge in America would be allowed to say such things about religion.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoreau
15-12-2013, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2013 12:05 AM by Sam.)
(14-12-2013 11:19 PM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  How credible is this story? It doesn't seem believable that a judge in America would be allowed to say such things about religion.

I believe this was in the UK...

EDIT:

It does say "spoof news" at the top of the page... But the case is genuine, whether or not the judge said that, I don't know.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user