04-03-2013, 10:31 PM
RE: No longer a Christian
(04-03-2013 10:38 AM)morondog Wrote:  "So you're not against free-thinking?"
"No, not at all, wtf?"

"So, you're open minded right?"
"I try to be."

"So GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD."
"Sweet Jesus and Mary FUCK!"

"Ooooh, you're obviously not free-thinking".

Did I get that right ?

Im talking about having creative ideas... why do psychologists say that its extremely important for kids and adults to have an imagenation? Or arent you aware that everything that has ever been built or done in history started with an idea... and ALL of this is ok as long as noone has the idea of God in their head.. But atheists arent bias right?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2013, 11:30 PM
We're talking about truth and falsehood here. You can have your fancy creative ideas if they help you. But the moment you assert that they are true, you've got to back up why that's so. Merely asserting that they are creative and therefore valuable doesn't say anything about the truth. Besides which, I assert that your so-fancy creative idea is countered by my own creative idea, which is that there is no God.
05-03-2013, 12:49 AM
No longer a Christian
(04-03-2013 10:31 PM)blasphemilius_VI Wrote:  
(04-03-2013 10:38 AM)morondog Wrote:  "So you're not against free-thinking?"
"No, not at all, wtf?"

"So, you're open minded right?"
"I try to be."

"So GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD."
"Sweet Jesus and Mary FUCK!"

"Ooooh, you're obviously not free-thinking".

Did I get that right ?

Im talking about having creative ideas... why do psychologists say that its extremely important for kids and adults to have an imagenation? Or arent you aware that everything that has ever been built or done in history started with an idea... and ALL of this is ok as long as noone has the idea of God in their head.. But atheists arent bias right?

Which one? Want to show us true creativity? Challenge everyone, not just us. Believe in all of them at the same time (don't forget the dead ones).

Want to truly challenge the status quo? Invent your OWN god!

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
05-03-2013, 01:33 AM
So now other question arises: why does the Univers exist? I don't wanna know what, or a definition from Wikipedia on with the universe is, or how... I want to know why the Univers exist. you can give me a reason as to why a tree exists or why anything else in this Earth or Galaxy exist because there is a purpose for everything that exists... so then tell me what is the purpose of the universe
05-03-2013, 05:43 AM
(05-03-2013 01:33 AM)blasphemilius_VI Wrote:  So now other question arises: why does the Univers exist? I don't wanna know what, or a definition from Wikipedia on with the universe is, or how... I want to know why the Univers exist. you can give me a reason as to why a tree exists or why anything else in this Earth or Galaxy exist because there is a purpose for everything that exists... so then tell me what is the purpose of the universe

It is only your opinion that everything has a purpose. It seems to me that the universe does not have a purpose.

Asking "Why does the universe exist?" is likely a meaningless question.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-04-2013, 09:50 PM
(05-03-2013 05:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 01:33 AM)blasphemilius_VI Wrote:  So now other question arises: why does the Univers exist? I don't wanna know what, or a definition from Wikipedia on with the universe is, or how... I want to know why the Univers exist. you can give me a reason as to why a tree exists or why anything else in this Earth or Galaxy exist because there is a purpose for everything that exists... so then tell me what is the purpose of the universe

It is only your opinion that everything has a purpose. It seems to me that the universe does not have a purpose.

True. A better question is: "How did the universe come into existence?"

Now, that is a fun one! Smile
[+] 2 users Like Flowergurl's post
29-04-2013, 01:35 AM
No longer a Christian
(05-03-2013 05:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  

I've always preferred the question "What shall we do with ourselves now?"
[+] 3 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
03-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Your church was pro-oil companies? That's hilarious!
[+] 1 user Likes CaliforniaSurf's post
07-05-2013, 08:07 PM
(03-05-2013 09:18 PM)CaliforniaSurf Wrote:  Your church was pro-oil companies? That's hilarious!

I know it's kind of... strange how many evangelical churches are pro oil, pro making money for expensive cars and oversized houses, etc.
[+] 1 user Likes Flowergurl's post
08-05-2013, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2013 11:45 AM by Lienda Bella.)
Blasph. might think servitude is purpose if they believe in a God. The universe obviously doesn't do servitude to the best of it's supposed ability for oh so special humanoids on Earth. If it did, the other "true" Gods wouldn't be a problem, I'm sure.

Yes? No? Maybe?