No meat before Noah?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2014, 10:44 PM
No meat before Noah?!
A few days ago my aunt - who works for the church, claimed that before Noah no one ate meat. Anyone else ever heard of this strange theory?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2014, 10:46 PM
RE: No meat before Noah?!
(06-08-2014 10:44 PM)john2 Wrote:  A few days ago my aunt - who works for the church, claimed that before Noah no one ate meat. Anyone else ever heard of this strange theory?

Nope...
I always heard that was before Adam ate the apple after talking to the snake.

My understanding was that Noah didn't just bring 2 of every animal...the ones he could eat, he brought 7.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

06-08-2014, 11:14 PM
Noah Story

Gensis 6:18-20 Wrote:18 But I will establish my covenant with you, and you will enter the ark—you and your sons and your wife and your sons’ wives with you. 19 You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. 20 Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive. 21 You are to take every kind of food that is to be eaten and store it away as food for you and for them.”
06-08-2014, 11:36 PM
Genesis 7:1-3

1Then the LORD said to Noah, "Enter the ark, you and all your household, for you alone I have seen to be righteous before Me in this time. 2"You shall take with you of every clean animal by sevens, a male and his female; and of the animals that are not clean two, a male and his female; 3also of the birds of the sky, by sevens, male and female, to keep offspring alive on the face of all the earth.…

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

07-08-2014, 07:17 AM
I've heard about humans and animals only eating plants before the fall of man. The bible tells the story of Cain and Abel in the 4th chapter of Genesis, Abel was a keeper of sheep, Cain was a tiller of the ground. Abel was offering animal sacrifices to god and Cain felt less respect from god and killed Abel over it.

If they were supposedly vegetarians, they were at least killing animals and each other. You get all kinds of wackiness in individual churches, most of it harmless, but there's so much wackiness that even if 10% of their wackiness escapes it can wreak havoc with a lot of people. Hobo

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
07-08-2014, 11:04 AM
Thanks guys but I found what I was looking for online. Apparently no one else has heard of this either. Anyhow the claim is we were all vegetarian until Noah's ark. After the ark god gave permission to eat meat. Here's a link: http://ravkooktorah.org/gold-noah.htm I had never heard of this weird but everything else in religion is weird too so why not?
07-08-2014, 11:21 AM
Surely the creationists were eating dinosaurs before Noah's time.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
07-08-2014, 07:52 PM
Father forgive me, I know not what I do.

#sigh
08-08-2014, 12:11 AM
Ummm this is unprecedented. Could be a valid theory if we didn't evolve from our forefathers the primates in this first place, assuming that primates are vegans. Maybe we can ask Noah about it. Heard that if we dream, we can dream-transport to heaven and meet all the people before us who are there in this moment. No scientific logic required
08-08-2014, 01:30 AM
Well, humans were vegetarian, before becoming omnivorous. It's a reason our intestines are so damn long.

Pandas however, are kind of fucked with their tiny intestines; all that bamboo just goes right through them. And they have to eat it for about 20 hours a day just to get the proper nourishment. chomp chomp chomp

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein