No more lips service GOP/ OP ED

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2017, 02:57 PM
RE: No more lips service GOP/ OP ED
(16-08-2017 10:20 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  If Trump were to be impeached over a phony narrative, there would be riots in the streets. And Trump supporters won't be armed with just rocks and baseball bats. You're talking about the largest group of armed people in the world.

What if the narrative isn't phony? What if it is shown that there was collusion with a foreign government to ensure a victory? Maybe not specifically by him but by the campaign people surrounding him? Who gets to decide if the narrative is phony? You? Fox news?

I've asked the opposite question (what if nothing is found) and got crickets in response...not sure what that means...

Just for the record, there are plenty of people who don't support trump that are armed as well.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-08-2017, 03:14 PM
(17-08-2017 02:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(16-08-2017 10:20 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  If Trump were to be impeached over a phony narrative, there would be riots in the streets. And Trump supporters won't be armed with just rocks and baseball bats. You're talking about the largest group of armed people in the world.

What if the narrative isn't phony? What if it is shown that there was collusion with a foreign government to ensure a victory? Maybe not specifically by him but by the campaign people surrounding him? Who gets to decide if the narrative is phony? You? Fox news?

We all get to decide when we vote next election

Quote:I've asked the opposite question (what if nothing is found) and got crickets in response...not sure what that means...

My speculation is that it means nobody cares to know the truth, that it is irrelevant to their decision on whether they support or oppose Trump. It's a sad state of affairs, but it appears that people with strong political opinions just do not care about the truth and are unwilling to consider they may be wrong.

Quote:Just for the record, there are plenty of people who don't support trump that are armed as well.

That's finally starting to dawn on some people. Good sign that this is being recognized.
17-08-2017, 04:36 PM
(16-08-2017 10:20 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Lolololololololololololololololololololololololololol.

Hillary lost. Get over it. Trump is doing everything he was elected to do. Obviously he can't force Congress to do their job and pass laws, so he'll have to do what he can to fulfill some of his promises the executive way. He put Gorshich on the supreme court. Huge bust in the Midwest just took a bunch of ms-13 gangsters off the streets. Illegal immigration has slowed down considerably.

This racist narrative won't work either. The American people have heard Trump say a million times how he feels about racism.

You far leftists (media, celebrities, feminists, angry atheists) have been off the rails since about 11pm on Nov 8th 2016. Nothing you do will change the fact that Trump is president.

Nothing.

If Trump were to be impeached over a phony narrative, there would be riots in the streets. And Trump supporters won't be armed with just rocks and baseball bats. You're talking about the largest group of armed people in the world.

As far as I am aware, an old institution protecting the rights of slave owners, i.e. the Electoral college, gave Dump the job. NOT the so called American people.

That institution is an international embarrassment. I know, I live in the international world.

That international community is watching very very closely.

And you're correct. It is LOL.

However the LOL is prefaced with a sigh.

America doesn't look pretty at this time.

BTW. Why are you here? You don't appear to be an atheist. Nor are you pushing a religion. This is not a political site. Do you think any of your posts worthy enough to change another's political view?

If so, you're not doing a good job mate. Every post you make seems as if it came from the mind of a 9 year old with a low I.Q.

"If I make this one post, I'll change the minds of these Leftards liberals..."

It seems a rather futile exercise.

Oh well. I suppose everyone needs a hobby. If hatred works for you. Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
21-08-2017, 12:16 PM
(16-08-2017 10:46 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(16-08-2017 10:40 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Not so in actuality—or the real world in any other Western country LOL. She actually received 2,870,000 more popular votes than Trump.

In fact, Trump's "expertise" in maths and logic is so poor that he's quoted as saying on 22 December 2016 “I would have done even better in the election, if that is possible, if the winner was based on popular vote", (rather than the Electoral College system). Shocking

There's no way to know how the election would look if we used a popular vote. Most republicans in California and New York don't vote because they are so outnumbered that voting is a waste of time. Millions just stay home. In the California 2016 election they didn't even have any republicans on the ballot in the congressional races, so republicans had no reason to show up. That's what Trump was saying. He didn't bother campaigning in states like California because he had no chance there. If we used a popular vote, candidates would have to campaign in EVERY state, and the results would be much different than they are now.

Except, states with higher pops would run everything. You also have many people (and I know a few) that have the attitude of My grandfather was a republican or in some cases democrat, my daddy was the same, and I will always vote that way too. You also have the people that want more welfare benefits that will always vote for the democrats.
21-08-2017, 03:19 PM
(16-08-2017 11:25 AM)Dom Wrote:  The military won't back him up for sure in such a situation. That became clear this morning. They will serve the country, not a wannabe dictator.

Thank God the U.S. military has more loyalty to the U.S. Constitution than people like LDH do.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
21-08-2017, 03:40 PM
Quote:Hillary lost. Get over it. Trump is doing everything he was elected to do.

Hey, fuckface.

Aren't you late for goose-stepping practice?

You wouldn't want to be out of step, would you?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
21-08-2017, 05:44 PM
(21-08-2017 12:16 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  ...Except, states with higher pops would run everything...

I'm not quite sure I understand this logic—as applied to a primary vote system if the Electoral College system was abolished.

The relative population base of each state would have no effect on primary voting, as each vote has the same value in determining the result of the POTUS election; 1 citizen = 1 vote. In fact (as far as I can see it) the College system by—incentivising the parties to write off the more than around 40 sure winner/loser states—increases the likelihood of 1 citizen 1 vote. For example populous states such as California, Texas, Florida, and New York, which collectively make up nearly 50% of the US population.

The College system further distorts the one-person, one-vote principle of government because electoral votes are not distributed according to population. Every state gets one electoral vote for each member of its delegation to the House, plus two bonus electors representing its two senators. So there's significant over-representation of the smaller states in the College system. In a recent extreme case, any single citizen in Wyoming (pop 585,500 with 3 Electors) had nearly four times the weight in electoral votes as a citizen in California (pop. 39,250,000 with 55 Electors).

—I'd be interested to hear any opinions in favour of retaining the obviously outmoded and misrepresentative Electoral College system, and what alleged advantages it has over any other system(s).

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
21-08-2017, 08:28 PM
[Image: crying.gif]

[Image: funny-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]"There's no way to know how the election would look if we used a popular vote."

This would be laughable if only you and Trump didn't genuinely believe it.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
21-08-2017, 08:49 PM
(21-08-2017 12:16 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(16-08-2017 10:46 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  There's no way to know how the election would look if we used a popular vote. Most republicans in California and New York don't vote because they are so outnumbered that voting is a waste of time. Millions just stay home. In the California 2016 election they didn't even have any republicans on the ballot in the congressional races, so republicans had no reason to show up. That's what Trump was saying. He didn't bother campaigning in states like California because he had no chance there. If we used a popular vote, candidates would have to campaign in EVERY state, and the results would be much different than they are now.

Except, states with higher pops would run everything. You also have many people (and I know a few) that have the attitude of My grandfather was a republican or in some cases democrat, my daddy was the same, and I will always vote that way too. You also have the people that want more welfare benefits that will always vote for the democrats.

Oh look...another dig at welfare recipients. That sure is a surprise.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
21-08-2017, 11:32 PM
(21-08-2017 05:44 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 12:16 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  ...Except, states with higher pops would run everything...

I'm not quite sure I understand this logic—as applied to a primary vote system if the Electoral College system was abolished.

The relative population base of each state would have no effect on primary voting, as each vote has the same value in determining the result of the POTUS election; 1 citizen = 1 vote. In fact (as far as I can see it) the College system by—incentivising the parties to write off the more than around 40 sure winner/loser states—increases the likelihood of 1 citizen 1 vote. For example populous states such as California, Texas, Florida, and New York, which collectively make up nearly 50% of the US population.

The College system further distorts the one-person, one-vote principle of government because electoral votes are not distributed according to population. Every state gets one electoral vote for each member of its delegation to the House, plus two bonus electors representing its two senators. So there's significant over-representation of the smaller states in the College system. In a recent extreme case, any single citizen in Wyoming (pop 585,500 with 3 Electors) had nearly four times the weight in electoral votes as a citizen in California (pop. 39,250,000 with 55 Electors).

—I'd be interested to hear any opinions in favour of retaining the obviously outmoded and misrepresentative Electoral College system, and what alleged advantages it has over any other system(s).

There are some practical benefits for a large country that elects its president by vote of the entire electorate. A national election with a razor thin margin could take a protracted length of time to resolve if we needed a national recount. The Florida recount was nightmare enough--imagine if that had to be done in all 50 states.

Technically, any state can apportion its electors however it wants. There is no such concept as "one person one vote" in the US Constitution. States could even decide to forgo any sort of popular vote entirely and just let their legislature, or even their governor, pick the electors. The US Constitution doesn't even address the question of whether citizens would be allowed to vote for the president, only that if there is a vote, that race and gender cannot affect ones voting rights.

The US Constitution treats each state as retaining certain sovereign rights. The US is a bit more like the European Union than outsiders realize. The tension between state and federal government plays out politically with Dems wanting more federal powers and Republicans wanting more State powers. Small states naturally would want to protect their rights from bigger states running rough shod over them, but big states would want to have more say in proportion to their population. So that was why the house is apportioned by population and senate has equal numbers of senators per state. The electoral college is a hybrid of the two competing demands.

This big state/small state tension existed at our country's founding, and there never would have been a US without this compromise. Nothing much has changed since the founding of our country on that needed political balancing. Abolishing the electoral college is deeply unpopular in many small states, particularly those who voted for Trump where resentment runs high at the liberal big states dictating to them how to run their states. Abolishing the electoral college would destroy the political balance between big and small states. In short, this will never happen in our lifetimes.
[+] 2 users Like BryanS's post