No more lips service GOP/ OP ED

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2017, 06:52 AM
RE: No more lips service GOP/ OP ED
(21-08-2017 08:49 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 12:16 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Except, states with higher pops would run everything. You also have many people (and I know a few) that have the attitude of My grandfather was a republican or in some cases democrat, my daddy was the same, and I will always vote that way too. You also have the people that want more welfare benefits that will always vote for the democrats.

Oh look...another dig at welfare recipients. That sure is a surprise.

I will throw a dig at welfare recipients any time I like. When I used to complain about my bad work situation and lack of medical benefits, all of you enjoyed pointing out that I should have gone to college and it is all my fault. Welfare recipients for whatever the reason is, it is all their fault they are nothing but leaches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2017, 06:54 AM
Another thread that makes me glad I'm not American.

Poor sods. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
22-08-2017, 07:01 AM
(21-08-2017 08:28 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  [Image: crying.gif]

[Image: funny-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]"There's no way to know how the election would look if we used a popular vote."

This would be laughable if only you and Trump didn't genuinely believe it.

It's a reasonable assumption. If the game is based on popular votes and not electoral votes you play the game differently. Thousands of conservative Californians didn't bother voting, thousands of Democratic Texans didn't bother voting...probably Dems would win more elections in a popular vote system because they would kick in a better "get out the vote" effort, but it's not a crazy assumption. Be interesting to see.

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
22-08-2017, 10:45 AM
(22-08-2017 07:01 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 08:28 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  [Image: crying.gif]

[Image: funny-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]"There's no way to know how the election would look if we used a popular vote."

This would be laughable if only you and Trump didn't genuinely believe it.

It's a reasonable assumption. If the game is based on popular votes and not electoral votes you play the game differently. Thousands of conservative Californians didn't bother voting, thousands of Democratic Texans didn't bother voting...probably Dems would win more elections in a popular vote system because they would kick in a better "get out the vote" effort, but it's not a crazy assumption. Be interesting to see.

I basically agree with this, but would just like to point out that it goes both ways in the one-sided states. Thousands of liberal Californians also didn't bother to vote, and for basically the same reason -- why bother to go through the hassle of voting when your candidate has it in the bag anyway? Likewise with Republicans in Texas. Either side can make an argument that their candidate would have done better in a straight popular vote. The only way to know for sure would be to actually run the election that way.
22-08-2017, 12:01 PM
(22-08-2017 06:52 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 08:49 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Oh look...another dig at welfare recipients. That sure is a surprise.

I will throw a dig at welfare recipients any time I like. When I used to complain about my bad work situation and lack of medical benefits, all of you enjoyed pointing out that I should have gone to college and it is all my fault. Welfare recipients for whatever the reason is, it is all their fault they are nothing but leaches.

Nothing but leeches? So system is not at fault at? Having temporary trouble with work make welfare recipients leeches? Having some kind of disability and being on welfare means one is leech?

People like you are reason why I despise right wingers seemingly incapable of more than spewing shit and repeating right wing talking points.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
22-08-2017, 12:34 PM
(22-08-2017 12:01 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(22-08-2017 06:52 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I will throw a dig at welfare recipients any time I like. When I used to complain about my bad work situation and lack of medical benefits, all of you enjoyed pointing out that I should have gone to college and it is all my fault. Welfare recipients for whatever the reason is, it is all their fault they are nothing but leaches.

Nothing but leeches? So system is not at fault at? Having temporary trouble with work make welfare recipients leeches? Having some kind of disability and being on welfare means one is leech?

People like you are reason why I despise right wingers seemingly incapable of more than spewing shit and repeating right wing talking points.

I am simply applying your attitude toward my troubles to others. Fair is fair. If I am at fault for being stuck at a shitty job (a situation I have taken care of), then whatever is going on in their life (disability is for medical and mental problems) is their fault and yes that makes them leeches if they won't correct it.
22-08-2017, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2017 12:50 PM by Szuchow.)
(22-08-2017 12:34 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(22-08-2017 12:01 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Nothing but leeches? So system is not at fault at? Having temporary trouble with work make welfare recipients leeches? Having some kind of disability and being on welfare means one is leech?

I am simply applying your attitude toward my troubles to others. Fair is fair. If I am at fault for being stuck at a shitty job (a situation I have taken care of), then whatever is going on in their life (disability is for medical and mental problems) is their fault and yes that makes them leeches if they won't correct it.

People on welfare are leeches only in your deluded mind. You however indeed are dumb tool entirely to blame for having shitty job. You show it with almost every post you write; modicum of inteligence would help you with finding better job, you also would be able to comprehend that people don't have full control of their life.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
22-08-2017, 01:10 PM
(22-08-2017 12:46 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(22-08-2017 12:34 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I am simply applying your attitude toward my troubles to others. Fair is fair. If I am at fault for being stuck at a shitty job (a situation I have taken care of), then whatever is going on in their life (disability is for medical and mental problems) is their fault and yes that makes them leeches if they won't correct it.

People on welfare are leeches only in your deluded mind. You however indeed are dumb tool entirely to blame for having shitty job. You show it with almost every post you write; modicum of inteligence would help you with finding better job, you also would be able to comprehend that people don't have full control of their life.

You didn't read. I fixed that situation. I have a much better job now and my wife and I have medical insurance now.
22-08-2017, 01:26 PM
(22-08-2017 01:10 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(22-08-2017 12:46 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  People on welfare are leeches only in your deluded mind. You however indeed are dumb tool entirely to blame for having shitty job. You show it with almost every post you write; modicum of inteligence would help you with finding better job, you also would be able to comprehend that people don't have full control of their life.

You didn't read. I fixed that situation. I have a much better job now and my wife and I have medical insurance now.

Whatever you say.

Mikhail Bakunin.
22-08-2017, 04:15 PM
(22-08-2017 10:45 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(22-08-2017 07:01 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  It's a reasonable assumption. If the game is based on popular votes and not electoral votes you play the game differently. Thousands of conservative Californians didn't bother voting, thousands of Democratic Texans didn't bother voting...probably Dems would win more elections in a popular vote system because they would kick in a better "get out the vote" effort, but it's not a crazy assumption. Be interesting to see.

I basically agree with this, but would just like to point out that it goes both ways in the one-sided states. Thousands of liberal Californians also didn't bother to vote, and for basically the same reason -- why bother to go through the hassle of voting when your candidate has it in the bag anyway? Likewise with Republicans in Texas. Either side can make an argument that their candidate would have done better in a straight popular vote. The only way to know for sure would be to actually run the election that way.

I did point out that it goes both ways...and even used the same states you did as examples!