No need for a god.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2015, 06:35 PM
RE: No need for a god.
(13-08-2015 05:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 11:37 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I have pondered this very thing....and have come to the conclusion there are several obvious reasons for why an otherwise intelligent human being would believe such preposterous, fabricated bullshit...

1) Systemic brainwashing by family/community culture....usually prevalent in smaller god fearing communities. Since they grew up with god glasses on, and all of the authority figures in their life repeat the dogma as if it is real...it becomes ingrained. Sometimes this can be undone when the person breaks free of the intra-faith-familial situation and goes off to the real world to attend college....and upon being exposed to other perspectives, higher learning, and an ever increasing secular world, they learn to stop believing in santa claus.

2) Elderly...it was their generation. The good news is religion is literally aging itself out of existence. New generations don't drink the Kool-Aid, see no benefit to embracing it, and have access to the internet where a plethora of countering evidence is available for all who wish to partake. Also, as one gets older, one begins to realize their time here is coming to an inevitable close......and fear, the engine of religion, takes over their reason and logic, and they use it as a crutch to try to convince themselves that life here is just a journey to decide who deserves heaven...

3) Sick, same as above in regards to impending death.

4) Gullible, it takes a pliable person to think that a super genie created at LEAST over 400+ billion planets (that is how many the hubble telescope can see) until he got at LEAST one juuuust right, then grabbed a handful of dirt, blew into it and created man! It really doesnt matter which flavor of delusion they embrace, all creation stories are equally ludicrous.

5) Ignorant, this is usually the area Young Earth Creationists, or also called Literalists, or fundamentalists fall into...all are bat shit crazy to think that every word in the bible is literal fact, when it is child's play to disprove this.

Just my thoughts Smartass
I am none of those. Thanks.

Are you sure? Consider

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2015, 06:41 PM
(13-08-2015 06:35 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 05:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I am none of those. Thanks.

Are you sure? Consider
I have considered and yes I am sure. I change daily for better though, so my past actions are not really a desiring factor. The deciding factor is my current thoughts and actions, and future ones. Thanks.
14-08-2015, 06:56 AM
(13-08-2015 05:48 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 04:47 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  quote "8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life." "

Actually - no.

Some scribe with a lively imagination wrote that a fictional "God" named Horus said such a thing.
Ancient Egyptians had a firm grasp on technology, and perhaps worshipped an accidental race of near giants that were pretty much wiped out during an extinction event. I conclude that their grasp on technology and other things may have been taught by the Amalek(giants). That word may be wrong. These beings where never meant to be, and according to the book of Enoch were the cause of much ancient grief. Thanks.

Book of Enoch? That you put so much faith in an ancient book of myth is sad and disturbing.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-08-2015, 07:11 AM
(13-08-2015 05:40 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 10:55 AM)hilary Wrote:  ahh very true. Also ignorance.
Just because most religion has been manipulated doesn't mean that true Faith is without grounds. The hypocrisy and manipulation of religion is a shame. A personal connection with God alleviates these issues.

A personal connection with god is just another path to delusion, case in point:

(13-08-2015 05:40 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Ancient Egyptians had a firm grasp on technology, and perhaps worshipped an accidental race of near giants that were pretty much wiped out during an extinction event. I conclude that their grasp on technology and other things may have been taught by the Amalek(giants). That word may be wrong. These beings where never meant to be, and according to the book of Enoch were the cause of much ancient grief. Thanks.

Giants didn't exist, that is entirely fictional biblical BS, your "personal connection" with god ran you straight into a wall of bullshit.

[Image: WHERE_IS_YOUR_GOD_NOW.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
14-08-2015, 07:21 AM
(14-08-2015 07:11 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 05:40 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Just because most religion has been manipulated doesn't mean that true Faith is without grounds. The hypocrisy and manipulation of religion is a shame. A personal connection with God alleviates these issues.

A personal connection with god is just another path to delusion, case in point:

(13-08-2015 05:40 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Ancient Egyptians had a firm grasp on technology, and perhaps worshipped an accidental race of near giants that were pretty much wiped out during an extinction event. I conclude that their grasp on technology and other things may have been taught by the Amalek(giants). That word may be wrong. These beings where never meant to be, and according to the book of Enoch were the cause of much ancient grief. Thanks.

Giants didn't exist, that is entirely fictional biblical BS, your "personal connection" with god ran you straight into a wall of bullshit.

oh that's nice. I never claimed that God told me anything about the Egyptians that was just put together from bits of knowledge and I had read from the Book of Enoch and other sources. Your case in point is flawed and irrelevant thank you.
14-08-2015, 07:40 AM
(13-08-2015 05:48 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 04:47 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  quote "8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life." "

Actually - no.

Some scribe with a lively imagination wrote that a fictional "God" named Horus said such a thing.
Ancient Egyptians had a firm grasp on technology, and perhaps worshipped an accidental race of near giants that were pretty much wiped out during an extinction event. I conclude that their grasp on technology and other things may have been taught by the Amalek(giants). That word may be wrong. These beings where never meant to be, and according to the book of Enoch were the cause of much ancient grief. Thanks.

Did it hurt when you pulled that answer out of your ass??????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
14-08-2015, 07:41 AM
(14-08-2015 07:21 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(14-08-2015 07:11 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  A personal connection with god is just another path to delusion, case in point:

oh that's nice. I never claimed that God told me anything about the Egyptians that was just put together from bits of knowledge and I had read from the Book of Enoch and other sources. Your case in point is flawed and irrelevant thank you.

Toss your Book of Enoch in the trash and read some actual history and archaeology books. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post