No other gods before me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2015, 08:59 PM
No other gods before me
This is a hypothetical question. I was thinking about this verse. God said to have no other gods before him right? What if I chose him as the other god? Does that mean that I should not serve him at all? Keep in mind that I'm very tired...Does this not make any sense at all? Or does it kind of make sense? I'm having a hard time wrapping it around my head. I think I just confused myself....Could you choose God as the other God? What do you guys think?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-12-2015, 09:06 PM
RE: No other gods before me
(25-12-2015 08:59 PM)musicharmony87 Wrote:  This is a hypothetical question. I was thinking about this verse. God said to have no other gods before him right? What if I chose him as the other god? Does that mean that I should not serve him at all? Keep in mind that I'm very tired...Does this not make any sense at all? Or does it kind of make sense? I'm having a hard time wrapping it around my head. I think I just confused myself....Could you choose God as the other God? What do you guys think?

This is not only in Christianity, every God mankind has created has made the same claim. For example, in Islam the shahada, not sure if I spelled it right, we here in Turkey call it Şehadet, says "Eşhedu en la ilahe illallah, ve eşhedu enne Muhammedin resulullah" which means "there is no god but Allah, and Mohammed is the messenger of Allah". So say you chose to worship the other god, than you'd be the infidel that you already are Laugh out load. If you think you're tired, its 5:05 in the morning here Hobo

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-12-2015, 09:46 PM
The Bible says God means no other gods besides Him. If you worship other gods, according to the bible, that is considered idolatry.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
25-12-2015, 09:51 PM
(25-12-2015 09:46 PM)jennybee Wrote:  The Bible says God means no other gods besides Him. If you worship other gods, according to the bible, that is considered idolatry.

Basically, God's don't do open relationship Laugh out load

1 Like = 1 Prayer
[+] 1 user Likes izel's post
25-12-2015, 09:54 PM
(25-12-2015 09:51 PM)izel Wrote:  
(25-12-2015 09:46 PM)jennybee Wrote:  The Bible says God means no other gods besides Him. If you worship other gods, according to the bible, that is considered idolatry.

Basically, God's don't do open relationship Laugh out load

Right, God would vote a definite no in the open relationship thread Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
25-12-2015, 09:56 PM
(25-12-2015 09:54 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(25-12-2015 09:51 PM)izel Wrote:  Basically, God's don't do open relationship Laugh out load

Right, God would vote a definite no in the open relationship thread Laugh out load

Bastard is a control freak Hobo

1 Like = 1 Prayer
[+] 1 user Likes izel's post
25-12-2015, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2015 10:19 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(25-12-2015 09:56 PM)izel Wrote:  
(25-12-2015 09:54 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Right, God would vote a definite no in the open relationship thread Laugh out load

Bastard is a control freak Hobo

Deuteronomy 6:15 "For the LORD your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land".

It's a reflection of the polytheistic roots of Judaism. Yahweh came from the Babylonian pantheon, where there were many gods. The original "covenant" was they agreed to worship only one, in exchange for certain favors. Yahweh had a 'consort' (wife) originally. There is proof of that in Archaeology.

Also they used to worship 359 gods in the Kabah, (Allah originated as the Arabic moon god and had 3 divine daughters ... in the "Satanic verses").

Most (all ?) cultures originated as polytheistic.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
25-12-2015, 10:15 PM
(25-12-2015 10:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(25-12-2015 09:56 PM)izel Wrote:  Bastard is a control freak Hobo

Deuteronomy 6:15 "For the LORD your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land".

It's a reflection of the polytheistic roots Judaism. Yahweh came from the Babylonian pantheon, where there were many gods. The original "covenant" was they agreed to worship only one, in exchange for certain favors. Yahweh had a 'consort' (wife) originally. There is proof of that in Archaeology.

Also they used to worship 359 gods in the Kabah, (Allah originated as the Arabic moon god and had 3 divine daughters ... in the "Satanic verses").

Most (all ?) cultures originated as polytheistic.

This I did not know. Thank you.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
26-12-2015, 12:27 AM
I think ol' Yahweh was just referring to the line at the buffet. I hear he likes a good buffet.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
26-12-2015, 07:33 AM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2015 07:36 AM by musicharmony87.)
No other gods before me

What if I wanted to choose God as the "other" God? Then I wouldn't be able to serve him. God said "gods" well God is among the other gods. Am I right? I'm just confusing myself even more lol. But it's only a hypothetical question. There are hundreds of gods and God is among those hundreds. What if I chose him as the other hundreds of gods?