No religion? So you are a _______?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2013, 06:14 PM
RE: No religion? So you are a _______?
People care about labels too much. When someone asks me what I am, if I say non-believer they try to tell me why I should believe, if I say I'm an Atheist, they stop talking to me (at least about religion and god).

A non-believer IS AN ATHEIST, what the hell is it about the word that scares the shit out of Christians? Maybe because the people that are debunking that nonsense are labelled atheists?

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post
05-01-2013, 06:22 PM
It's not really the same but recently I was talking to a co-worker about her being the product of a catholic school (Something she is apparently quite proud of) During the conversation it came up that I am an Atheist. This stopped her dead in her tracks. She just stared at me for a minute and says....

"You worship satan?"

Yup. Catholic school education at it's finest.
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
05-01-2013, 06:54 PM
(05-01-2013 06:22 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  It's not really the same but recently I was talking to a co-worker about her being the product of a catholic school (Something she is apparently quite proud of) During the conversation it came up that I am an Atheist. This stopped her dead in her tracks. She just stared at me for a minute and says....

"You worship satan?"

Lmfao This is priceless. I can't believe some people actually think atheists worship Satan. Has no one heard of google? It's a great way to find the definition of things, or a dictionary but I don't even know if Atheist is in it, I've never checked.

This just goes to show how theists are indoctrinated to believe things that are completely false.

[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post
05-01-2013, 06:58 PM
(05-01-2013 06:22 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  It's not really the same but recently I was talking to a co-worker about her being the product of a catholic school (Something she is apparently quite proud of) During the conversation it came up that I am an Atheist. This stopped her dead in her tracks. She just stared at me for a minute and says....

"You worship satan?"

Sometimes I feel compelled to try to correct their lame misunderstanding. Other times I just agree and let them wonder. If I'm feeling particularly peckish (and have nothing to lose with the individual, such as not losing a friend or insulting a boss), I might just say something like "Yes, I do, and I'll say a blessing for you to Father Lucifer." The looks of horror I get are priceless. I think the "Father" part really sells it...

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 3 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
05-01-2013, 07:01 PM
(05-01-2013 06:58 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  

"You worship satan?"

Sometimes I feel compelled to try to correct their lame misunderstanding. Other times I just agree and let them wonder. If I'm feeling particularly peckish (and have nothing to lose with the individual, such as not losing a friend or insulting a boss), I might just say something like "Yes, I do, and I'll say a blessing for you to Father Lucifer." The looks of horror I get are priceless. I think the "Father" part really sells it...
I think that response may very well have given her a heart attack. LOL. I like your thinking though.
05-01-2013, 07:03 PM
stupid people should be culled lol..
[+] 1 user Likes namiloveyou's post
05-01-2013, 07:05 PM
If mere words can end the life of someone strictly due to their own stupidity, then I agree, cull them as soon as possible before they breed. But if it's not strictly stupidity and could be gullibility or indoctrination, then I'd rather steer them to a more meaningful existence without killing them.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
05-01-2013, 07:09 PM
(05-01-2013 07:05 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  If mere words can end the life of someone strictly due to their own stupidity, then I agree, cull them as soon as possible before they breed. But if it's not strictly stupidity and could be gullibility or indoctrination, then I'd rather steer them to a more meaningful existence without killing them.
I corrected her of course.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
05-01-2013, 07:12 PM
As funny as it may be to say something like...
Quote:"Yes, I do, and I'll say a blessing for you to Father Lucifer." The looks of horror I get are priceless. I think the "Father" part really sells it...
I think it would be best if we clear up their lack of understanding. We don't want mainstream to start believing this because a bunch of atheists thought it was a funny joke. Then we get persecuted (as if we aren't already) and subject to death via crucifixion (just so the Christians can make their position clear to us).

I'd rather not. Smile

[+] 2 users Like Adenosis's post
05-01-2013, 07:20 PM
(05-01-2013 07:12 PM)Aspchizo Wrote:  As funny as it may be to say something like...
Quote:"Yes, I do, and I'll say a blessing for you to Father Lucifer." The looks of horror I get are priceless. I think the "Father" part really sells it...
I think it would be best if we clear up their lack of understanding. We don't want mainstream to start believing this because a bunch of atheists thought it was a funny joke. Then we get persecuted (as if we aren't already) and subject to death via crucifixion (just so the Christians can make their position clear to us).

I'd rather not. Smile
Yeah, yeah, I know that. And I invariably follow it up by saying something like "You really believe that I just told you I'm an atheist so I don't believe in any gods, but yet I'm going to actually worship anything, Satan or otherwise? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of being an atheist? Of course I don't worship Satan, he's just a fictitious as all the others." They usually get the point.

[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post