No religion

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
24-04-2010, 10:55 PM
RE: No religion
(24-04-2010 10:51 PM)ulfark Wrote:  i did take one once cant really remember much of it but i still have a little book to practice for one. i'll just quote the titles of the content. it trains logical thinking spacial thinking numerically bound thinking, memory and obervational skills and detection speed and practical intelligence.

That seemed to be what the IQTest.com test covered, though I'm not sure what you mean by "practical intelligence".

Quote:and theres no way you are 140 if thats so you are a fricking genius beyond belief most people wont get higher than 120 anything above that and your talking serious genius. they class the results from 1 to 9 you would be in class 8 between 130 and 145.

...No comment.

Quote:i could find a nice little problem you and martin can rack you brains over and the first one with the right answer wins

I dunno about a contest, but feel free to post a question. I enjoy logic puzzles. Probably why I'm so addicted to the Ace Attorney series.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2010, 10:55 PM

Curse you and your succulent temptations. What is this problem? Honestly I wouldn't even care about a competition, I rarely do, but I am curious about the problem itself. ^_^
Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2010, 11:11 PM

(24-04-2010 10:55 PM)Ceryle Wrote:  Curse you and your succulent temptations. What is this problem? Honestly I wouldn't even care about a competition, I rarely do, but I am curious about the problem itself. ^_^

well i hadnt really had one in mind already most people i know would pass at the offer. most would be scared intimidated or just aware of their own stupidity or whatever but i'll get right on it. just tell me what kind of a puzzle you want to narrow down my search
24-04-2010, 11:13 PM
I have no preference. You, Ceryle?

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
24-04-2010, 11:13 PM

(24-04-2010 10:11 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(24-04-2010 10:07 PM)Ceryle Wrote:  Hey.

Unbeliever.

What's your IQ?

No idea, and I don't particularly care, either. Never bothered to find out, see no reason to do so.

In all truthfulness, I really don't think that IQ is a great measure of intelligence. Every time I've seen an IQ test, it's been more of a measure of the trivia you can recall at a moment's notice than your actual ability to reason and learn. But then, I've never taken an official IQ test. The only ones I've seen are online dealies that advertise prepaid cell phones at you while you answer questions. Maybe the actual ones are more well-made.

I took one IQ test and said I am too stupid to breathe!
24-04-2010, 11:17 PM
Remember: diaphragm up, down, up, down, PAUSE FOR FIVE MINUTES, up, down, up...

24-04-2010, 11:20 PM

Lol @ Martin, that just reminded me of the time a friend of mine took a video game IQ test, you know the brain age games? and it said that he was as smart as a dog. ^_^ He didn't know how to play the game obviously, but it was still hilarious to see.

I prefer mental puzzles that do not revolve around a play on words to be honest. As the whole latent definition issue can be rather bothersome at times; especially when considering how vague a language truly is.
24-04-2010, 11:21 PM
(24-04-2010 11:20 PM)Ceryle Wrote:  I prefer mental puzzles that do not revolve around a play on words to be honest.

This. It's not the fault of the person taking the test that they didn't spot how your question was being deliberately misleading, especially when you put them on a timer and don't give them any warning.

24-04-2010, 11:24 PM

due to obvious constraints i wont give you a figure and the sequences are stupid to me so i;ll give you one based on being able to visualize the situation like ace attorney. there might be some translation errors so feel free to ask if something doesnt make sense

in a empty room a man was found who was hanged on a lamp, with his feet 1 meter of the ground. the windowles room was locked from the inside. the lock only has a keyhole from the inside . evenso there is no trace of a ladder or chest of some sorts, with which the man could hang himself to the lamp. additionally the rope was too short to lasso it. and only under the dead man's feet and the keyhole a pool of water was found.

question is was it murder or suicide and how was it executed.

this is quite a well known puzzle so you might already know the anwer but it to get us started.unbeliever proof your IQ i wont buy it till i see it. and despite it being the first it does have a high level. 3 out of 3 to be precise
24-04-2010, 11:26 PM
He got the rope wet, caused it to stretch. I think I recall this actually coming up in one of the Ace Attorney cases...