No religion

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
24-04-2010, 11:30 PM
RE: No religion
I think I remember this. Didn't he stand on a block of ice, which melted, creating a pool of water?

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2010, 11:32 PM
(24-04-2010 11:30 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  I think I remember this. Didn't he stand on a block of ice, which melted, creating a pool of water?

Yeah, I remember that solution, too. Where was it from, though? This is going to drive me insane until I remember both of them.

EDIT: And that solution always made me wonder how he got the block of ice into the room without anyone noticing.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
24-04-2010, 11:33 PM

I've got this one everyone.

The man is laying on the floor, on his back, and due to rigamortis, his feet are extended into the air by approximately one meter. Also, he had gone to the bathroom prior to suiciding and had washed his hands and face; thus explaining the pools of water. In addition, he technically strangled himself with the lamp by tying it very tightly and the lamp is on the ground.
Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2010, 11:34 PM
Where I heard mine. That one anime show, about that genius detective turned into a child. Can't remember the name, I think that is where I heard it from.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
24-04-2010, 11:34 PM
Ceryle wins the thread.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
24-04-2010, 11:35 PM
(24-04-2010 11:34 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  Where I heard mine. That one anime show, about that genius detective turned into a child. Can't remember the name, I think that is where I heard it from.

Case Closed, I think it was called. My little brother watched it for a while, and got me to watch one of the episodes - there was a roller coaster involved, I think.

24-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Yeah, I think that it its name(s). I hardly remember much more than the solutions. I remember one episode a mother poisoned everyone coffees, and put the antidote in the cake, killing her sweet tooth-less son.

24-04-2010, 11:39 PM

Yes, that is the likely anime.
24-04-2010, 11:47 PM

yep he did it was a suicide and he stood on a block of ice and used a ice duplicate key. though i have no idea why he would need a ice key other than to persuade the assurance company to pay up. by making them believe it was a closed room murder and without a suspect but probable cause would still pay up. but thats a roundabout and risky way to do it. so maybe thats the real puzzle here but i'll give you a new one this one really pissed me off.

six soldiers are on a secret mission. every soldier, except the lowest in rank commands another namely his direct subordinate. and every soldier except the highest in rank is commanded by another. determine based on these statements the ranking of these soldiers.

a) soldier machielsen commands soldier muskus but not conversely
b) both soldiers muskus command each other not mutually / two way
c) soldier houben is not commanded by the soldiers muskus
d) soldier laurier commands, and he get's commanded, but not by soldier houben or soldiers muskus
e) soldier riemer sticks to command hierarchy

well read the story and determine the hierarchy. i really couldnt make sense of this one. got close but no sigar.
24-04-2010, 11:50 PM
(24-04-2010 11:47 PM)ulfark Wrote:  yep he did it was a suicide and he stood on a block of ice and used a ice duplicate key.

Something about this strikes me as physically impossible.

Quote:six soldiers are on a secret mission. every soldier, except the lowest in rank commands another namely his direct subordinate. and every soldier except the highest in rank is commanded by another. determine based on these statements the ranking of these soldiers.

a) soldier machielsen commands soldier muskus but not conversely
b) both soldiers muskus command each other not mutually / two way
c) soldier houben is not commanded by the soldiers muskus
d) soldier laurier commands, and he get's commanded, but not by soldier houben or soldiers muskus
e) soldier riemer sticks to command hierarchy

well read the story and determine the hierarchy. i really couldnt make sense of this one. got close but no sigar.

Uh... are there two Muskuses? Muskii?