No sceptics in heaven

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2011, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2011 12:56 PM by Observer.)
Wink No sceptics in heaven
I had this funny conversation with my wife today...

We where talking about how my mother would go to heaven since she is a real catholic and I will surely end up in hell since I'm an agnostic-atheist. Then I asked "how can my mother experience eternal bliss when she sees her son is freezing in hell?" (It freezes in my hell I’m sure! freezing cold is more of a harsh treatment to me then heat is). My wife thought that heaven must be personal so god will probably have a substitute son for my mother who will claim to be me. Then I asked... "wouldn’t mom not get suspicious"?. Then she said again: "Knowing how she believes everything in religion, she would also belief God when he said "Thy son is thy real son" and then she would start and worship this merciful omnipotent SOB for still allowing her disbelieving son into heaven."

There's no place for sceptics in heaven Big Grin

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2011, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2011 02:41 PM by Lilith Pride.)
RE: No sceptics in heaven
Part of the idea of going into heaven is that god alleviates you of desires for sin? Kinda like a lobotomy at the entrance. Probably she won't remember anything by the time she gets there.

And if that's not really true, maybe being such a good Catholic she'll understand why you're not there and be pleased that she had the right idea. I'm sure it would be sad, but heaven is a place with no pain or strife. So sad would be a word more than a feeling.

No matter how I put this the basic thing I'm saying is she's going to be drugged up in her private throne =p At least she won't actively torture you? I wonder what her answer is =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
12-02-2011, 02:30 PM
(12-02-2011 12:46 PM)The_observer Wrote:  I had this funny conversation with my wife today...

We where talking about how my mother would go to heaven since she is a real catholic and I will surely end up in hell since I'm an agnostic-atheist. Then I asked "how can my mother experience eternal bliss when she sees her son is freezing in hell?" (It freezes in my hell I’m sure! freezing cold is more of a harsh treatment to me then heat is). My wife thought that heaven must be personal so god will probably have a substitute son for my mother who will claim to be me. Then I asked... "wouldn’t mom not get suspicious"?. Then she said again: "Knowing how she believes everything in religion, she would also belief God when he said "Thy son is thy real son" and then she would start and worship this merciful omnipotent SOB for still allowing her disbelieving son into heaven."

There's no place for sceptics in heaven Big Grin
I have always been curious about this! Everyone seems to have their own idea. Of course asserting the premise that deception is an imperfection, you have a logical conclusion that the deceiving God in her example is himself imperfect...but that's a whole other can of worms Smile

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
12-02-2011, 02:41 PM
(12-02-2011 01:56 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  At least she won't actively torture you?
She could torture me with her cooking. Tongue
(I'm so bad!! I'm ashamed of myself.)

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
12-02-2011, 02:45 PM
Quote:There's no place for sceptics in heaven
Hmmm... Maybe God made his existance look so incredibly improbable because he didn't want sceptics to heaven in the first place to question his weird actions?

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
12-02-2011, 02:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urlTBBKTO...re=related
An atheist (dies and) meets god. I found this late last year. I don't youtube much, but this made me laugh.

12-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Come to think about it. "heaven can't be anything other then an illusion"

Imagine:
Tomorrow I die in a car crash. Imagine that I lead a life worthy of heaven. How on earth could... oh wait... how in heavens name could I be happy and experience eternal bliss if I know my wife and child are still here on earth mourning about my death.

1: In heaven there is no time. My wife and child are there as well already. (Makes me wonder if I get to meet my infant or my adult child. (which I yet have to meet))

2: In heaven there is no emotion. No sadness. no pain. wait... no fun as well?

3: In heaven there are no sad emotions. (yo God-dude, pass the joint to the right man)

4: ???????

5: save! (Jesus does)

Big Grin

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
12-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Yeah , on the thought of atheists going to heaven and YouTube :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLGGKraKmXc

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
12-02-2011, 04:01 PM
(12-02-2011 03:54 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Yeah , on the thought of atheists going to heaven and YouTube :

Dude that was great.
"So you don't believe you were created?"
God-"No, no I wasn't created"
"So you're an atheist?"

lmao.

13-02-2011, 08:07 AM
(12-02-2011 03:54 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Yeah , on the thought of atheists going to heaven and YouTube :
That's Hilarious!! +1 rep

I've been thinking further while raking the leaves today...

What if I am a loyal Christian and I get poisoned by my wife without me knowing it. What would God say when I arrive at the pearly gates and ask him why I’m death. "Your wife poisoned you". Since I am in heaven I can't even grieve about the treason? Confused

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist