No turning back now...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2013, 10:11 PM
No turning back now...
I enjoy the podcasts tremendously and relate so strongly to Seth's deconversion experience. I was raised Pentecostal - Church of God in SW VA and fled that denomination as soon as I graduated from high school. It still took quite a while to get where I am today. At 40 I began taking a long, hard look at religion and my personal beliefs. I continue to read lots of books, including the bible from time to time, and listening to everything Bart Ehrman has published on the new testament and now I'm so grateful for the podcasts so I can get a weekly dose of sanity from someone who knows exactly what I'm experiencing.
It's good to be here and I'd love to hear from other recovering de-converts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2013, 10:34 PM
RE: No turning back now...
Hi VegasLady - good to know you've made it here - sounds like it's been a struggle just to find some feedback. We have quite a few de-converts as well as life long atheists here. It's an international forum with many different perspectives and there's always something interesting being discussed. I know a lot of people appreciate the space; it's probably a bit roomier than a closet. Wink

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
25-05-2013, 10:46 PM
Welcome, Lucky Lady. Godless heathens abound here so you're likely to find something you like out of our melting pot of twisted minds. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
26-05-2013, 03:37 AM
Welcome Smile

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
26-05-2013, 05:37 AM
Welcome, Vegas Lady!

Pull up a chair and join the party!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-05-2013, 07:54 AM
Welcome!