Poll: Allah, Yahweh, atheist? Left wing, right wing, no wing?
Left wing
Right wing
No wing
[Show Results]

No wing: political equivalent to atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2014, 06:51 AM
No wing: political equivalent to atheism?
Recently I have heard that when things are explained as for what they actually mean, no buzzwords, everyone's a libertarian. So please look at the pic and vote in the poll.

[Image: 10590594_667094376708419_2980131783438047277_n.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-07-2014, 07:49 AM
RE: No wing: political equivalent to atheism?
Hard to pick a favorite color when everything is either black, white or has no color at all. That's not how I see the world.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 11 users Like evenheathen's post
31-07-2014, 07:52 AM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2014 03:35 PM by cjlr.)
Libertarians are the political equivalent of this.
[Image: atheists.png]

Only even more self-absorbed.

But no, I'm sure pathetically trite image macros will explain everything. It's sure easier than thinking!

... this is my signature!
[+] 9 users Like cjlr's post
31-07-2014, 08:00 AM
By the way, Cjlr, don't bother posting, you're on my ignore list.

(31-07-2014 07:49 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Hard to pick a favorite color when everything is either black, white or has no color at all. That's not how I see the world.
I'm not sure what do you mean by black or white. Let's talk about pizza. Have you ever been to the party, gone to take a leak and then found out people did this to you?

[Image: 10376750_343189452496626_336521395314066312_n.jpg]
31-07-2014, 08:01 AM
So leave the party.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
31-07-2014, 08:04 AM
But everyone else can see cjlr's posts so..... Tongue.

By the way, choices are too limited. I agree with EvenHeathen. These are not mutually exclusive.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
31-07-2014, 08:05 AM
(31-07-2014 08:01 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  So leave the party.
Where? The whole world is one big drunk party. It's the same everywhere, except in Somalia, where they have several parties and even more drinking.

(31-07-2014 08:04 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  But everyone else can see cjlr's posts so..... Tongue.

By the way, choices are too limited. I agree with EvenHeathen. These are not mutually exclusive.
Choices are limited? Who's limiting your choices?

[Image: futurama1.jpg]
31-07-2014, 08:08 AM
Re: No wing: political equivalent to atheism?
Except some people actually feel value to authority and tradition which puts them at odds with libertarian interpretations. Not everyone actually thinks similarity.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
31-07-2014, 08:10 AM
I think your cartoon at the top is a simplistic caricature. Funny old thing, libertarians come out as *the* most reasonable and wonderful people on God's green Earth. I'm *guessing* the cartoon was put together... by some boy scout libertarian, to help people make the right political choices. How incredibly nice of him Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 8 users Like morondog's post
31-07-2014, 08:11 AM
(31-07-2014 08:05 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(31-07-2014 08:01 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  So leave the party.
Where? The whole world is one big drunk party. It's the same everywhere, except in Somalia, where they have several parties and even more drinking.

True. Shit's not fair, but there it is. What you have to realize is that what's ideal is not what is going to happen. Everything wrong with what we have at the party will begin again as soon as you make a new party, no matter what kind of party rules you try to implement. Someone will fuck around and break the rules and take advantage.

Excuse me, I need some more punch.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post