Poll: Allah, Yahweh, atheist? Left wing, right wing, no wing?
Left wing
Right wing
No wing
[Show Results]

No wing: political equivalent to atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2014, 01:40 PM
RE: No wing: political equivalent to atheism?
(19-09-2014 01:39 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(19-09-2014 01:34 PM)morondog Wrote:  Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank
Is something what I say making you uncomfortable? Is it the political and economical stuff, or is it the impression that I don't seem to respond to the content of other people's posts?

He said, while feverishly jacking it with his other hand.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
19-09-2014, 03:20 PM
(19-09-2014 01:32 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(19-09-2014 12:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  And since they are not accountable for their actions, no justice is available to the victims. Nice plan. Not.

The rest of your drivel is on the same idiotic level.
I thought someone might dishonestly want to take the "accountability" out of political context, so I edited the post earlier. Didn't stop your dishonesty, though.

Do you think I was saying that in anarchy nobody has responsibility for their actions? I would say opposite, in anarchy nobody has political immunity.
If you care about victims so much, well, what about the victims of government? Anarchists didn't start wars, drop bombs or centralize the economy to starve millions.

So, after I had responded, you went back and dishonestly edited your post? Fortunately I honestly quoted what you had written.

What do you even mean by 'dishonestly want to take the "accountability" out of political context'? That makes no honest sense.

Please explain what you honestly think accountability means when one person dishonestly harms others in your utopia.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
19-09-2014, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2014 03:42 PM by Luminon.)
(19-09-2014 03:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  Please explain what you honestly think accountability means when one person dishonestly harms others in your utopia.
I edited my post before I had read your post. I anticipated you (or someone else) would conflate accountability with government system imposed on us. That's what can I expect here, weaseling, quote mining and misinterpretation. After all, I want everyone dead and I hate roads, apparently.
There is no such thing as "my utopia" and I have already linked the Dispute Resolution Organization system.

What you say is a double meaning. You confuse together accountability before court and law and social accountability to our fellow people, who may refuse us kindness, cooperation, trade or service, which is their natural right.

Do you want to see anarchy and justice? Look at eBay! Reputation is everything. And it works for millions of people. Sure it's not perfect, there are scary stories of people sending a brick instead of an iPod, but so what? They get a bad rep, which is more than politicians get. People who kill are seen as heroes in politics and they get elected again and again

The court system is hopelessly out of order and has nothing to do with justice anymore. There are millions of laws and regulations and it is impossible to navigate in them. It takes years at best to resolve a dispute and so people choose this option only if they are rich or desperate. Also, it was never perfect to begin with, there is a finite number of instances and even if someone can go through them all, there is an end to it.
This is why there is also such a thing as mediator service. I would welcome such services, only if the taxes were not taken away to fund the inefficient court system. People need to keep their money in order to be able to get justice for them or sponsor charities that will provide justice for those who can't afford it. People are very generous to charities and would be much more so if there were no taxes.
19-09-2014, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2014 04:03 PM by Chas.)
(19-09-2014 03:34 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(19-09-2014 03:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  Please explain what you honestly think accountability means when one person dishonestly harms others in your utopia.
I edited my post before I had read your post. I anticipated you (or someone else) would conflate accountability with government system imposed on us. That's what can I expect here, weaseling, quote mining and misinterpretation. After all, I want everyone dead and I hate roads, apparently.
There is no such thing as "my utopia" and I have already linked the Dispute Resolution Organization system.

You mean your voluntary Dispute Resolution Organization system? The one that can be ignored?

Quote:What you say is a double meaning. You confuse together accountability before court and law and social accountability to our fellow people, who may refuse us kindness, cooperation, trade or service, which is their natural right.

No, it doesn't, and no, I don't. And their refusal does fuck all to provide redress for wrongs, hence no one is accountable.

Quote:Do you want to see anarchy and justice? Look at eBay! Reputation is everything. And it works for millions of people. Sure it's not perfect, there are scary stories of people sending a brick instead of an iPod, but so what? They get a bad rep, which is more than politicians get. People who kill are seen as heroes in politics and they get elected again and again

Their is precious little redress of wrongs on ebay. Someone can go in and scam thousands before reputation catches up. Those people stay scammed.

Quote:The court system is hopelessly out of order and has nothing to do with justice anymore. There are millions of laws and regulations and it is impossible to navigate in them. It takes years at best to resolve a dispute and so people choose this option only if they are rich or desperate. Also, it was never perfect to begin with, there is a finite number of instances and even if someone can go through them all, there is an end to it.
This is why there is also such a thing as mediator service. I would welcome such services, only if the taxes were not taken away to fund the inefficient court system. People need to keep their money in order to be able to get justice for them or sponsor charities that will provide justice for those who can't afford it. People are very generous to charities and would be much more so if there were no taxes.

Whose court system? You don't know squat about the courts in the U.S. or Canada, so are you talking about your own country?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
19-09-2014, 04:08 PM
No wing: political equivalent to atheism?
I find all this speculation is getting tiresome. Luminon, why don't you go test your hypothesis in a lab and publish your results.

Go ahead. We'll wait.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
19-09-2014, 04:12 PM
(19-09-2014 03:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  
Quote:Do you want to see anarchy and justice? Look at eBay! Reputation is everything. And it works for millions of people. Sure it's not perfect, there are scary stories of people sending a brick instead of an iPod, but so what? They get a bad rep, which is more than politicians get. People who kill are seen as heroes in politics and they get elected again and again

Their is precious little redress of wrongs on ebay. Someone can go in and scam thousands before reputation catches up. Those people stay scammed.

I like this example from ol' Lumi, because it's delightfully insane.

Given a platform like ebay, there is not only nothing to prevent people freely exploiting others (in the time between their actions and their "reputation" catching up with them), but there is nothing to prevent people from establishing new identites and repeating the process eternally.

Ol' Lumi thinks we should run the entire global economy like that. Hmm.

Plus, the cherry on top, ol' Lumi's paranoid schizophrenic raving, with the whole "people who kill are seen as heroes in politics and they get elected again and again", which is so crippingly stupid it's not even wrong.

[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
19-09-2014, 04:42 PM
(19-09-2014 04:12 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(19-09-2014 03:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  Their is precious little redress of wrongs on ebay. Someone can go in and scam thousands before reputation catches up. Those people stay scammed.

I like this example from ol' Lumi, because it's delightfully insane.

Given a platform like ebay, there is not only nothing to prevent people freely exploiting others (in the time between their actions and their "reputation" catching up with them), but there is nothing to prevent people from establishing new identites and repeating the process eternally.

Plus, the cherry on top, ol' Lumi's paranoid schizophrenic raving, with the whole "people who kill are seen as heroes in politics and they get elected again and again", which is so cripplingly stupid it's not even wrong.

Everything about Luminon is so cripplingly stupid it's not even wrong. From his pseudoscience energy field to his cultish political guru to his ideas about economics and sociology. He is one of the most poorly informed people I have ever seen. I guess that comes about when one assumes that one is right in everything and only looks up sources that agree with the presupposition.

Presupposition not just for theists anymore.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
19-09-2014, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2014 04:54 PM by Luminon.)
(19-09-2014 04:08 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  I find all this speculation is getting tiresome. Luminon, why don't you go test your hypothesis in a lab and publish your results.

Go ahead. We'll wait.
Blink What kind of results do you require? You would not accept an answer unless you agree on the question. It would be the best if you tried to repeat back to me what do you think my "hypothesis" is.
For example, you literally mention a lab, as if you were sure that this "hypothesis" can only be tested there. Do you believe in existence of truth also in other environments than laboratory? Or is the lab some kind of church or temple of truth to you? Yes, many of the studies which support my philosophy are based on laboratory stuff - neurology and epigenetics. But unless you say what the hell you mean, you can always get away with saying "I wasn't asking about that". Obviously, a society can't fit into a laboratory.
19-09-2014, 04:57 PM
(19-09-2014 04:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(19-09-2014 04:12 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I like this example from ol' Lumi, because it's delightfully insane.

Plus, the cherry on top, ol' Lumi's paranoid schizophrenic raving, with the whole "people who kill are seen as heroes in politics and they get elected again and again", which is so cripplingly stupid it's not even wrong.

Everything about Luminon is so cripplingly stupid it's not even wrong. From his pseudoscience energy field to his cultish political guru to his ideas about economics and sociology. He is one of the most poorly informed people I have ever seen. I guess that comes about when one assumes that one is right in everything and only looks up sources that agree with the presupposition.

Presupposition not just for theists anymore.

"Knowledge", ol' Lumi's way:
(29-05-2014 02:35 AM)Luminon Wrote:  I keep myself at least from watching videos that I know are false, because things I have learned for years tell me they're fase.

[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
19-09-2014, 05:52 PM
(19-09-2014 04:57 PM)cjlr Wrote:  "Knowledge", ol' Lumi's way:
(29-05-2014 02:35 AM)Luminon Wrote:  I keep myself at least from watching videos that I know are false, because things I have learned for years tell me they're fase.
Do you keep a book of sins on me? Remarkable Consider
Also, do you watch aura and chakra meditation videos very often?