Poll: Allah, Yahweh, atheist? Left wing, right wing, no wing?
Left wing
Right wing
No wing
[Show Results]

No wing: political equivalent to atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2014, 01:15 PM
RE: No wing: political equivalent to atheism?
Can we have a wanking emoji?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2014, 01:56 PM
(20-09-2014 01:15 PM)morondog Wrote:  Can we have a wanking emoji?
Yes if there also will be an added forum function to ban trolls from a thread.
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
20-09-2014, 04:07 PM
(20-09-2014 07:39 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(20-09-2014 05:56 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  TL;DR version: Libertarian scams other Libertarians into buying land in Chile that he didn't have any right to sell, then vanishes into the wind when the other Libertarians he scammed resort to litigation instead of letting the market handle it.
I'm glad I'm not a Libertarian and I don't believe in founding communities somewhere away. I believe in the mainstream community.
Neither was the salesman, apparently. The non-aggression principle says it's not justified to initiate coercion with force or threats or lies.

And somehow, nobody ended up in jail without trial for 5 years, so compared to state courts, that is a success Rolleyes

Ah, the good old non-aggression principal; where nobody is allowed to act in any manner which may go against another's free will, but murdering people for doing their job is A-Okay.... Which, incidentally is aggressive action...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
20-09-2014, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2014 06:25 PM by Luminon.)
(20-09-2014 04:07 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Ah, the good old non-aggression principal; where nobody is allowed to act in any manner which may go against another's free will, but murdering people for doing their job is A-Okay.... Which, incidentally is aggressive action...
Wrong. Defense is not murder. These are two entirely different actions. We can all defend ourselves simultaneously, but we can not all be murderers. If any action can possibly be moral, it must be moral for everyone. But two guys in a room can't murder each other simultaneously. If that was moral, then at least one would be denied chance of being moral.
So if we can't all simultaneously murder morally, there come authorities with bullshit ideas like those who put on a blue or green costume are moral for murdering because they "serve their country", which is just a set of lines on the map.

Just doing their job? Where did I hear this argument before... I know, it was at the Nuremberg trial. Facepalm Obvious evil is obvious. Putting on a costume doesn't magically make immoral actions moral. If you object with Godwin's law (bullshit), then think, this is exactly the same sorry excuse that GWB and psychopaths use - God told me to do it, I was just obeying His orders.
20-09-2014, 06:19 PM
(20-09-2014 06:15 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(20-09-2014 04:07 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Ah, the good old non-aggression principal; where nobody is allowed to act in any manner which may go against another's free will, but murdering people for doing their job is A-Okay.... Which, incidentally is aggressive action...
Wrong. Defense is not murder. These are two entirely different actions. We can all defend ourselves simultaneously, but we can not all be murderers. If any action can possibly be moral, it must be moral for everyone. But two guys in a room can't murder each other simultaneously. If that was moral, then at least one would be denied chance of being moral.
So if we can't all simultaneously murder morally, there come authorities with bullshit ideas like those who put on a blue or green costume are moral for murdering because they "serve their country", which is just a set of lines on the map.

Just doing their job? Where did I hear this argument before... I know, it was at the Nuremberg trial. Facepalm Putting on a costume doesn't magically make immoral actions moral.
Obvious evil is obvious.

Yes and your proposed actions are obviously evil.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
20-09-2014, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2014 06:58 PM by Luminon.)
(20-09-2014 06:19 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yes and your proposed actions are obviously evil.
I don't propose any actions. Not attacking is not an action, it is a lack of action. If non-aggression is an action, then atheism is a religion Drinking Beverage
And I certainly don't propose an action of preventing anyone from self-defense or defense.
20-09-2014, 06:57 PM
(20-09-2014 06:54 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(20-09-2014 06:19 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yes and your proposed actions are obviously evil.
I don't propose any actions. Not attacking is not an action Drinking Beverage And I certainly don't propose an action of preventing anyone from self-defense.

You can lie to yourself all you want but the quote is in my signature.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
20-09-2014, 07:10 PM
(20-09-2014 06:57 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(20-09-2014 06:54 PM)Luminon Wrote:  I don't propose any actions. Not attacking is not an action Drinking Beverage And I certainly don't propose an action of preventing anyone from self-defense.

You can lie to yourself all you want but the quote is in my signature.
In what way do I propose anything? I don't care what demons and chimeras are haunting your lizard brain, I wrote a simple statement, not a proposition.
Fighting against tax empires used to be a popular American pastime, I heard. Their idea, not mine.
Do you have any objections against the word "self-defense"?
20-09-2014, 07:20 PM
(20-09-2014 07:10 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(20-09-2014 06:57 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You can lie to yourself all you want but the quote is in my signature.
In what way do I propose anything? I don't care what demons and chimeras are haunting your lizard brain, I wrote a simple statement, not a proposition.
Fighting against tax empires used to be a popular American pastime, I heard. Their idea, not mine.
Do you have any objections against the word "self-defense"?

In the way you use it? Yes I do. Self Defense, like any other violent act needs to be not only justifiable but a conditioned response. You propose murdering unarmed people doing their jobs because you and your ilk want to be able to steal from the rest of us with no penalty. Murder is not self defense.

[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
20-09-2014, 08:05 PM
(20-09-2014 07:39 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(20-09-2014 05:56 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  TL;DR version: Libertarian scams other Libertarians into buying land in Chile that he didn't have any right to sell, then vanishes into the wind when the other Libertarians he scammed resort to litigation instead of letting the market handle it.
I'm glad I'm not a Libertarian and I don't believe in founding communities somewhere away. I believe in the mainstream community.
Neither was the salesman, apparently. The non-aggression principle says it's not justified to initiate coercion with force or threats or lies.

And somehow, nobody ended up in jail without trial for 5 years, so compared to state courts, that is a success Rolleyes

And therein lies the problem ol' Lumi, your imaginary principles have zero power. Did you having that principle, and believing in it to the bottom of your toes, prevent someone else from committing fraud? No. Would your principle alone have protected you if you had bought into this scam yourself? No. Wishing really, really, really hard won't stop people from lying ol' Lumi. Wishful thinking is not plan.

Quote:It’s almost as if basing a community around people who hate other people and don’t want to have to pay for any services that don’t directly and concretely benefit themselves is inherently unstable. Who would have thought?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post