Poll: Allah, Yahweh, atheist? Left wing, right wing, no wing?
Left wing
Right wing
No wing
[Show Results]

No wing: political equivalent to atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2014, 04:03 PM
RE: No wing: political equivalent to atheism?
(23-09-2014 01:23 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(23-09-2014 12:34 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Don't forget Blackwater now known as Academi who were responsible for most of the worst atrocities in the Iraq occupation.
If government hired them, they're not really a private security company, if they're doing government's job. That's like saying that Francis Drake was targeting Spanish ships because he hated their accent.

Hmmm no a private contractor is just that. They take jobs from anyone so even if they do have a government contract (which btw the majority of their work in Iraq was with other private businesses) that does not make them anything but a private contractor.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2014, 04:21 PM
(23-09-2014 03:50 PM)Luminon Wrote:  

That kid is as big an asshole as you are.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-09-2014, 10:08 PM
(23-09-2014 12:34 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Don't forget Blackwater now known as Academi who were responsible for most of the worst atrocities in the Iraq occupation.
If government hired them, they're not really a private security company, if they're doing government's job. That's like saying that Francis Drake was targeting Spanish ships because he hated their accent.

So if a government participates in private industry, like telecommunications and transportation, does that also make the government a private entity because they are doing private work?

What defines a 'government' job? You seem to think that performing work that can be done by the government, even if you are not a part of the government, makes that a 'government' job. So are FedEx and UPS drivers also government employees, seeing as how they do government (Post Office) work? Are power company workers really government workers because of the Tennessee Valley Authority (which oversees the Hoover Damn)?

You really need to think your shit through more before you post it. Oh, who am I kidding? You wouldn't be Lumi if you actually stopped to think before you posted...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
23-09-2014, 10:24 PM
(23-09-2014 12:10 PM)cjlr Wrote:  This just in: Bitcoins still subject to rampant frauds and scams. News at 11.

Oh poor cjlr, clearly the people in charge of Butterfly Labs were all spanked as children! Why, if only they hadn't been spank, and rather raised up in the blessed light of our great Prophet Molyneux (pbuh), they surly would never have resorted to defrauding consumers for their own personal gain! If only people didn't have the ability to seek litigation and redress from the government, why I'm positive that Butterfly labs would be acting like a flock of angles right now! It's only because the government sought to regulate the perfectly unaccountable free market, that government's poisonous influence corrupted the capitalist purity that sat at the heart of Butterfly Labs!

Also, did I mention spanking?

24-09-2014, 01:28 AM
(23-09-2014 10:08 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  So if a government participates in private industry, like telecommunications and transportation, does that also make the government a private entity because they are doing private work?

What defines a 'government' job? You seem to think that performing work that can be done by the government, even if you are not a part of the government, makes that a 'government' job. So are FedEx and UPS drivers also government employees, seeing as how they do government (Post Office) work? Are power company workers really government workers because of the Tennessee Valley Authority (which oversees the Hoover Damn)?

You really need to think your shit through more before you post it. Oh, who am I kidding? You wouldn't be Lumi if you actually stopped to think before you posted...
Do you imply that just because it's a convoluted organizational clusterfuck, the government is not the government, i.e. not violent?
Government can "participate" in any private industry, because it has supreme power and it can make losses public, taxpayers are its endless wallet. By participating anywhere, government destroyed economic opportunities elsewhere by ransoming the money out of the economy. This is what matters too, we don't know half of what government does, because jobs that were never created can not be tracked. Whatever you choose, government "services" are already pre-paid and private business lives from the scraps.

(23-09-2014 10:24 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Oh poor cjlr, clearly the people in charge of Butterfly Labs were all spanked as children! Why, if only they hadn't been spank, and rather raised up in the blessed light of our great Prophet Molyneux (pbuh), they surly would never have resorted to defrauding consumers for their own personal gain! If only people didn't have the ability to seek litigation and redress from the government, why I'm positive that Butterfly labs would be acting like a flock of angles right now! It's only because the government sought to regulate the perfectly unaccountable free market, that government's poisonous influence corrupted the capitalist purity that sat at the heart of Butterfly Labs!

Laugh out load Redress from the government? Who has 10 years and a million dollars to waste with an uncertain result? There's a whole planet spinning out there!
Bitcoin generating machines? Aren't they called.... computers? Laugh out load So, as I see from the link, it was actually a dollar scam, only people don't understand how is bitcoin processed.
By the way, do you know why the price of bitcoin fluctuates? Part of the reason is, it's not backed by the global reserve currency, dollar. Dollar is endlessly generated by debt and "quantitative easing" and all world currencies have most of its value derived from it. So world currencies are like parachute divers falling down from an airplane, holding onto each other and dollar in mid-fall. Only bitcoin actually has a parachute, they don't.
24-09-2014, 02:08 AM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2014 02:17 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(24-09-2014 01:28 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(23-09-2014 10:08 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  So if a government participates in private industry, like telecommunications and transportation, does that also make the government a private entity because they are doing private work?

Do you imply that just because it's a convoluted organizational clusterfuck, the government is not the government, i.e. not violent?

No, I'm not implying anything. I'm pointing out that fact that you are a stupid cunt.

Also the rest of us fail to see the problem with government having a monopoly on violence, when that government represents the best interest of its citizens. The motto of the police is "To Protect and Serve", our problem is when they fail to live up to that standard.

Your problem is there is no standard, outside of 'lol magic' and hoping that we'll all stop being assholes so long as nobody spanks their kids. Yeah, that sounds reasonable...

(24-09-2014 01:28 AM)Luminon Wrote:  Government can "participate" in any private industry, because it has supreme power and it can make losses public, taxpayers are its endless wallet. By participating anywhere, government destroyed economic opportunities elsewhere by ransoming the money out of the economy.

But I'm sure the perfect unregulated free-market would have absolutely zero problems ever, right? Just say it, blow your load already, and don't forget to clean up when you're done...

(24-09-2014 01:28 AM)Luminon Wrote:  This is what matters too, we don't know half of what government does, because jobs that were never created can not be tracked. Whatever you choose, government "services" are already pre-paid and private business lives from the scraps.

See: Defense Industry you stupid fuck...

(24-09-2014 01:28 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(23-09-2014 10:24 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Oh poor cjlr, clearly the people in charge of Butterfly Labs were all spanked as children! Why, if only they hadn't been spank, and rather raised up in the blessed light of our great Prophet Molyneux (pbuh), they surly would never have resorted to defrauding consumers for their own personal gain! If only people didn't have the ability to seek litigation and redress from the government, why I'm positive that Butterfly labs would be acting like a flock of angles right now! It's only because the government sought to regulate the perfectly unaccountable free market, that government's poisonous influence corrupted the capitalist purity that sat at the heart of Butterfly Labs!

Laugh out load Redress from the government?

Yeah, it says that in our Constitution. It's worked pretty well in the past.

(24-09-2014 01:28 AM)Luminon Wrote:  Who has 10 years and a million dollars to waste with an uncertain result? There's a whole planet spinning out there!

You're still failing to show how complete anarchy and unfettered free-markets make everything better. Remember, 'lol magic' doesn't count.

(24-09-2014 01:28 AM)Luminon Wrote:  Bitcoin generating machines? Aren't they called.... computers? Laugh out load So, as I see from the link, it was actually a dollar scam, only people don't understand how is bitcoin processed.

Correct. And had it been an article about a 'Print US Currency at your own home Printer' case of fraud, you'd use it to tar and feather the US Dollar.

But why aren't these BitCoin mining machine makers paragons of Libertarianism? I know, they were clearly all spanked as children, but I digress...

I'd argue that their 'fuck the law' alpha-male attitude, as appears to be the case, shows that they would be excellent Libertaians. I mean, after all, once they defrauded all of these people all they'd have to do is move shop and change names. I mean, what else would the market be capable of doing to them on it's own? Surely a 'tarnished reputation' means a whole lot to an the effectively anonymous owners of the enterprise, right?

At the very least, the rest of us fail to see how your unregulated and zero-accountability free-market would do anything at all to either prevent, or address the grievance for, this type of situation. The best you've ever presented was 'lol magic', because you refuse to 'initiate force' to get shit done. So there is that...

(24-09-2014 01:28 AM)Luminon Wrote:  By the way, do you know why the price of bitcoin fluctuates? Part of the reason is, it's not backed by the global reserve currency, dollar.

Nor is it backed by any country and their prospective reserves, so there is that dumbass. It's only worth as much as people think it is. If the Earth were struck by a solar storm that knocked out telecommunications in a massive EMP blast, Bitcoins would vanish, but precious metals and paper would not.

(24-09-2014 01:28 AM)Luminon Wrote:  Dollar is endlessly generated by debt and "quantitative easing" and all world currencies have most of its value derived from it. So world currencies are like parachute divers falling down from an airplane, holding onto each other and dollar in mid-fall. Only bitcoin actually has a parachute, they don't.

Economies grow and as they generate more wealth, more currency is added. The amount on either side is a balancing act, with an extreme tipping one way or the other being inflation or deflation.

So what 'parachute' does your imaginary, entirely unbacked 'currency' (it's actually considered taxable property) have? Try to speak as plainly as you can, because your track record for analogies lies somewhere between 'lying through your teeth' and 'fragrantly ignorant of reality'.

24-09-2014, 09:48 AM

What the fuck kind of dumb shit is that?

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
24-09-2014, 09:56 AM
(24-09-2014 09:48 AM)Winterwolf00 Wrote:  
(23-09-2014 01:23 PM)Luminon Wrote:  If government hired them, they're not really a private security company, if they're doing government's job. That's like saying that Francis Drake was targeting Spanish ships because he hated their accent.

What the fuck kind of dumb shit is that?
It's an argument. If government hires someone to do what a private individual would be arrested for, such as killing people (Blackwater), then it's a government job. Only shitheads would use it as an "argument" against free market, or would insult what they don't understand.
24-09-2014, 10:09 AM
But... Lumi... The private security company IS PRIVATELY OWNED. The government doesn't own or even directly control them through a contract.

Jeez, for someone who claims they know about economics, you don't know shit.
[+] 3 users Like Kaepora Gaebora's post
24-09-2014, 11:40 AM
(24-09-2014 10:09 AM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  But... Lumi... The private security company IS PRIVATELY OWNED. The government doesn't own or even directly control them through a contract.

Jeez, for someone who claims they know about economics, you don't know shit.

He knows about Lumonomics... Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post