Poll: Allah, Yahweh, atheist? Left wing, right wing, no wing?
Left wing
Right wing
No wing
[Show Results]

No wing: political equivalent to atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2014, 04:13 PM
Re: RE: No wing: political equivalent to atheism?
(01-08-2014 02:49 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-08-2014 02:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  This is not a stance or a personal statement of any kind. It's Americans who advocate killing government employees every 4th July when they celebrate the Independence war. Talk to them, it's their national custom! I was just wondering about that. The Boston tea party started because the Britain imposed a 3% tax on tea. People threw tea into the sea and started the war against their British colonial government. 13 years later George Washington imposed a 25 % tax on whiskey in Tennessee and suddenly there was no riot.
No Tennessee whiskey drinking. Da fuq?

I see more history you do not understand. First off the Boston Tea Party was not the cause of the American revolution (it was a very minor event actually and is only remembered because it sounds catchy) if any single event was it would have been the Boston Massacre but you have probably never even heard of that. I also see you do not understand the problem was not Taxation but the second half of the slogan Without Representation none of the founders thought taxes in and of themself were a bad thing they just did not like having rules written for them without any input. Much like your anarchy system would do to everyone who cannot afford a personal army.

That also,leaves out a great deal of anger the tea taxation brought upon was that it allowed the East India Tea company to completely control the market price.. Which was ideal to parliament members who had investment in the company. That's what goes wrong with unchecked power.

As luminon keeps dodging or altering the rationalizes of comments, you can see he's deluded. He's showing he won't admit he could be inaccurate or misspeak even. He's acting as horrid of an arguer than Ken Ham or Sye. It's not philosophizing or intelligent discussion. It's just arrogant childish behavior.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2014, 04:15 PM
RE: No wing: political equivalent to atheism?
Come to think of it, I'm not exactly sure what the poll is asking:

Can anybody translate that into a sentence in English that is asking a clear question?

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
01-08-2014, 04:29 PM
(01-08-2014 04:13 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  As luminon keeps dodging or altering the rationalizes of comments, you can see he's deluded. He's showing he won't admit he could be inaccurate or misspeak even. He's acting as horrid of an arguer than Ken Ham or Sye. It's not philosophizing or intelligent discussion. It's just arrogant childish behavior.

There's a reason I declared him a presuppositionalist.

His subsequent behaviour has yet given me no cause to alter that judgement.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
01-08-2014, 04:33 PM
No wing: political equivalent to atheism?
Luminon, is there something happening in your country that has you agitated today? Are you still in Czech Republic of is your profile out-of-date?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
01-08-2014, 04:57 PM
(01-08-2014 04:33 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Luminon, is there something happening in your country that has you agitated today? Are you still in Czech Republic of is your profile out-of-date?

It's probably the fluoride the Nazi liberal child-abusers put in the water to brainwash the government mind-controlled sheeple into ignoring the fake science one world government conspiracy. Because Reptiloids.

Only the special people with Magic Powers™ like our self-appointed Superman ol' Lumi here can penetrate the veil.

Excelsior, True Believer™!

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
01-08-2014, 05:09 PM
(31-07-2014 08:00 AM)Luminon Wrote:  By the way, Cjlr, don't bother posting, you're on my ignore list.

Which must be why you replied to his post. Yes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-08-2014, 05:16 PM
(01-08-2014 05:09 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(31-07-2014 08:00 AM)Luminon Wrote:  By the way, Cjlr, don't bother posting, you're on my ignore list.

Which must be why you replied to his post. Yes

Well how else could Luminon show that his trolltacular escalation has hit a new high/low if he did not condescendingly bring it up.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
01-08-2014, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2014 05:39 PM by Luminon.)
(01-08-2014 04:09 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  You were the one who said that because billionaires haven't tried to take over before, it cannot happen. I just gave you an example of a billionaire who did take over using his money. But I'm sure he never would have crucified 6,000 escaped slaves if mummy hadn't spanked him.

And you still haven't explained why a billionaire wouldn't take over. Are you going to stop dodging the question?
There is no rational or empirical question here, no argument.
I am more concerned about politicians - who actually have taken over. I am not interested in who might, but who actually does. Empiricism, man!
"[insert name here] might take over" is an argument from consequences, it's something like a slippery slope fallacy. It is like worrying about hypothetical mice in a house that is burning right now. This bogeyman of billionaires.
Your claim is wrong on many levels, it is like perfectionism, which is impossible, it's a subtle form of saying fuck you. Nobody in the world will give you a guarantee that someone won't "take over", but that is no reason to support the present dictatorship of money-printing welfare warfare state.
I have my thoughts on human nature, but it's not in my power to explain things to people who are not empirical. Maybe I like to live dangerously, I will take my chances with billiionaires.

(01-08-2014 04:33 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Luminon, is there something happening in your country that has you agitated today? Are you still in Czech Republic of is your profile out-of-date?
Thank you for asking. My country has disgusting government. American economy is collapsing and it desperately needs to start a war to switch over to compulsory war economy and confiscate private property to erase its debts. So America supports the conflict in Ukraine and uses its media to slander Russia and Putin, so that American aggression will seem "justified". It's the same thing as in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq (remember the weapons of mass destruction?), Syria, Yemen and Libya. Printing money, buying guns, killing people, printing more money.

To the point, my politicians announced that Czech Republic will be one of the countries that boycott trade with Russia, as if we weren't unemployed enough. Meanwhile turns out that the Malaysian airplane wasn't shot down by Russian missiles or anything, it was Ukrainian interceptor that shot it down. I wouldn't be surprised if CIA simply ordered the nationalists in Ukraine to shoot it down and blame it on Russia. It's not like traffic airplanes are hard to be identified close up from an interceptor Drinking Beverage
And my corrupt idiotic politicians of course climb into Obama's arse like the whole EU. I wish that the dollar collapsed already and the whole American war and lie machine would find itself without funds.

(01-08-2014 04:15 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Come to think of it, I'm not exactly sure what the poll is asking:

Can anybody translate that into a sentence in English that is asking a clear question?
Allah and Yahweh are make-believe and atheism is the reasonable position. I hope we agree on that.
What if politics is make-believe too? What if politics doesn't actually work, doesn't help people or represent anyone? What if you don't need to have religion and you don't need to have politics? Atheism and market voluntarism are neat solutions.
01-08-2014, 05:41 PM
(01-08-2014 05:30 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
Thank you for asking. My country has disgusting government. American economy is collapsing and it desperately needs to start a war to switch over to compulsory war economy and confiscate private property to erase its debts. So America supports the conflict in Ukraine and uses its media to slander Russia and Putin, so that American aggression will seem "justified". It's the same thing as in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq (remember the weapons of mass destruction?), Syria, Yemen and Libya. Printing money, buying guns, killing people, printing more money.

To the point, my politicians announced that Czech Republic will be one of the countries that boycott trade with Russia, as if we weren't unemployed enough. Meanwhile turns out that the Malaysian airplane wasn't shot down by Russian missiles or anything, it was Ukrainian interceptor that shot it down. I wouldn't be surprised if CIA simply ordered the nationalists in Ukraine to shoot it down and blame it on Russia. It's not like traffic airplanes are hard to be identified close up from an interceptor Drinking Beverage
And my corrupt idiotic politicians of course climb into Obama's arse like the whole EU. I wish that the dollar collapsed already and the whole American war and lie machine would find itself without funds.

Silly of me to ask but do you have any actual sources for this or is it just one of your insane conspiracies via Stefan Molyneux.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
01-08-2014, 05:46 PM
(01-08-2014 04:09 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  You were the one who said that because billionaires haven't tried to take over before, it cannot happen. I just gave you an example of a billionaire who did take over using his money. But I'm sure he never would have crucified 6,000 escaped slaves if mummy hadn't spanked him.

And you still haven't explained why a billionaire wouldn't take over. Are you going to stop dodging the question?
There is no rational or empirical question here, no argument.
I am more concerned about politicians - who actually have taken over. I am not interested in who might, but who actually does. Empiricism, man!
"[insert name here] might take over" is an argument from consequences, it's something like a slippery slope fallacy. It is like worrying about hypothetical mice in a house that is burning right now. This bogeyman of billionaires.
Your claim is wrong on many levels, it is like perfectionism, which is impossible, it's a subtle form of saying fuck you. Nobody in the world will give you a guarantee that someone won't "take over", but that is no reason to support the present dictatorship of money-printing welfare warfare state.
I have my thoughts on human nature, but it's not in my power to explain things to people who are not empirical. Maybe I like to live dangerously, I will take my chances with billiionaires.

Translation: I have no solution to your problem so I will ignore it and instead spew forth more inane rambling posts about the boogieman I call government (not to be confused with any actual government)

(01-08-2014 04:15 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Come to think of it, I'm not exactly sure what the poll is asking:

Allah and Yahweh are make-believe and atheism is the reasonable position. I hope we agree on that.
What if politics is make-believe too? What if politics doesn't actually work, doesn't help people or represent anyone? What if you don't need to have religion and you don't need to have politics? Atheism and market voluntarism are neat solutions.

What if they aren't? What if you have been repeatedly shown how your infantil politics fall apart at the slightest stress? What if anarchy is nothing but a bad pipedream? What if you are wrong? It seems you have never considered this, in anything.