Poll: Allah, Yahweh, atheist? Left wing, right wing, no wing?
Left wing
Right wing
No wing
[Show Results]

No wing: political equivalent to atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2014, 08:18 AM
RE: No wing: political equivalent to atheism?
I've begun to glaze over Luminon's posts because he/she has completely lost my interest (as anybody who posts repeatedly without substance or integrity will do). I do very much enjoy reading people's reaction to him/her though.

Reading Vosur's post above (on the previous page)...did Luminon just use a mental hospital as a metaphor to describe the people he/she is talking to here? Tell me I have that wrong, please.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Adrianime's post
06-08-2014, 08:53 AM
(06-08-2014 08:18 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  I've begun to glaze over Luminon's posts because he/she has completely lost my interest (as anybody who posts repeatedly without substance or integrity will do). I do very much enjoy reading people's reaction to him/her though.

Reading Vosur's post above (on the previous page)...did Luminon just use a mental hospital as a metaphor to describe the people he/she is talking to here? Tell me I have that wrong, please.

Yup, and just as a reminder, since Ol Lumy is playing the martyr card again,he is the only person to advocate violence (see my signature) everyone else has been showing him all the stupidity of his chosen system. It is fun to see all the people who have been lurking chime in on how insane this guy is though.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
06-08-2014, 08:54 AM
(06-08-2014 07:10 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(06-08-2014 05:57 AM)Luminon Wrote:  But it's me who is going through a mental hospital, sorting through patients to find one who won't collectively hiss and spit at me and try to claw out my eyes. I look for someone who doesn't go nasty when I don't validate his culture. Could I do it better? Hell, yeah. But it would be pretty stupid to listen to advice at a mental hospital. People don't react to me, they react to the evil monster that does the worst crime imaginable - invalidating one's culture. People project what is their worst fear, with Cjlr for example it is the fear of being singled out as wrong and stupid. As kids say, who says that, he is that.

This thread is a comedy gold mine. Laugh out load

I'm so honoured to be singled out by a blithering maniac and his deranged psychobabble. It's the only thing I've ever wanted. My life is complete.

Oh, wait, hang on a minute:
(04-08-2014 11:18 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I'm intellectually vulnerable all the time. It's called being wrong. I'm frequently wrong, and when I am, I seek to improve my understanding.

It took me a while to get into that state of mind. It's an essential part of being a scientist.

But why listen to other people, when the farcical strawmen living in your head make much better conversational partners?

No, ol' Lumi here has worked really hard to invent an iron-clad confirmation bias extravaganza: if someone disagrees with His Most Self-Evident Glory, it's because secretly they know he's right and that makes them mad.

One could not possibly presuppose any harder.

Could.

Not.

Possibly.

Originality: 5/10 - even the woo is mostly copypasta, but it's a wide-cast net.
Conviction: 9/10 - It takes dedication to be so thoroughly and consistently wrong.
Insanity: 10/10 - I presuppose this score to be self-evident.

Overall: 8.5/10 - exemplary; would definitely troll again.

... this is my signature!
[+] 8 users Like cjlr's post
06-08-2014, 08:55 AM
(06-08-2014 01:48 AM)PKJoe Wrote:  After reading this whole thread, I have a suspicion that Luminon isn't a real person. Yes their is a real person that does the typing, but the persona of Luminon is a farce. I think the person behind that account is just playing a character. There is no other way to explain the bull shit that is coming from him. Most of what he says is nonsensical rambling with no clear point. Half of the rest of what he says is said in such an over the top condescending way that he has to know that not a single person would take him seriously. The rest is just regurgitation of talking points from random conspiracy websites. How he has time to post all this garbage is beyond me, but I think most of what comes from Luninon, he doesn't even believe himself.
I have my doubts about that hypothesis. I've known Luminon since way back in 2012 and the only thing that has changed is that he has become much more arrogant, conceited and condescending. He has always been this delusional.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
06-08-2014, 08:59 AM
(06-08-2014 08:55 AM)Vosur Wrote:  He has always been this delusional.

I think he got worse.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
06-08-2014, 09:05 AM
(06-08-2014 08:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(06-08-2014 08:55 AM)Vosur Wrote:  He has always been this delusional.

I think he got worse.

He was always crazy, he does believe he is magic and can control some kind of energy field that the great illuminati reptoid conspiracy is trying to suppress now he has just added a hateful political stance on top of his already delusional personality.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
06-08-2014, 10:53 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2014 11:11 AM by Luminon.)
(06-08-2014 07:08 AM)Chas Wrote:  Words have identity? No, words have meaning. And words only have the meaning we give them. They are invented, they don't stand on their own.

Pure reasoning from bare assertions provides no knowledge; only evidence can do that.
Pure reasoning from the simplest assertions provides knowledge and evidence of natural properties of language, communication and information. These give us certainty that the world exists and we are capable to know it and communicate with it despite of culture.
Evidence of empirical nature comes much later, is way less certain and is always subject to rational and linguistic processing and then interpretation or application.
Empirical nature has little capacity for variability and can be pinned down by the scientific method. Thought has however great variability and the scientific method is unfit for it, because it apparently changes from moment to moment and sometimes fills the culture with wisdom, sometimes with stupidity.
You may call me stupid, but nobody has yet explained me what is the unambiguous definition of wisdom and stupidity. They all laughed instead and called me stupid, avoiding the answer.

If people put empiricism above reason and language, they put a cart in front of the horse and remain barbarians despite of technology, which is only more dangerous.
Those who care more that the science is correct and care less if it is used with wisdom or stupidity are barbarians.

By now, almost everyone who had read this far must be surely pissed off, without knowing exactly why. Hint: my presumptious pomposity is not an answer, nor an argument. If you can ask for a definition of wisdom and stupidity in a non-pompous way, well, you didn't and I am in mood for a little poetic expression...
06-08-2014, 11:17 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2014 12:03 PM by Luminon.)
(06-08-2014 09:05 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(06-08-2014 08:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  I think he got worse.

He was always crazy, he does believe he is magic and can control some kind of energy field that the great illuminati reptoid conspiracy is trying to suppress now he has just added a hateful political stance on top of his already delusional personality.
I don't believe in any reptiloids, except split-tongued liars controlled by their reptile brain and with scales over their eyes.
My political stance is loving, let's not throw anybody in jail for peacefully keeping their money or having a piece of vegetation in their pocket.
Politics is hate, it is the desire to do force others, because "majority" in an imaginary representative allegiance and obedient police firepower.

Picture unrelated, except to eariler posts:
[Image: Statism-starts-at-home.jpg]
06-08-2014, 12:18 PM
(06-08-2014 11:17 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(06-08-2014 09:05 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  He was always crazy, he does believe he is magic and can control some kind of energy field that the great illuminati reptoid conspiracy is trying to suppress now he has just added a hateful political stance on top of his already delusional personality.
I don't believe in any reptiloids, except split-tongued liars controlled by their reptile brain and with scales over their eyes.
My political stance is loving, let's not throw anybody in jail for peacefully keeping their money or having a piece of vegetation in their pocket.
Politics is hate, it is the desire to do force others, because "majority" in an imaginary representative allegiance and obedient police firepower.

Picture unrelated, except to eariler posts:
[Image: Statism-starts-at-home.jpg]

Yep, remember folks: Collectivization and compromising for the benefit of the greater whole is EVIL!

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
06-08-2014, 12:21 PM
(06-08-2014 08:55 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(06-08-2014 01:48 AM)PKJoe Wrote:  After reading this whole thread, I have a suspicion that Luminon isn't a real person. Yes their is a real person that does the typing, but the persona of Luminon is a farce. I think the person behind that account is just playing a character. There is no other way to explain the bull shit that is coming from him. Most of what he says is nonsensical rambling with no clear point. Half of the rest of what he says is said in such an over the top condescending way that he has to know that not a single person would take him seriously. The rest is just regurgitation of talking points from random conspiracy websites. How he has time to post all this garbage is beyond me, but I think most of what comes from Luninon, he doesn't even believe himself.
I have my doubts about that hypothesis. I've known Luminon since way back in 2012 and the only thing that has changed is that he has become much more arrogant, conceited and condescending. He has always been this delusional.

Well, you guys have had a lot more interactions with him than I have had. If he truly is this delusional, I hope he gets some good counseling before he turns into something more dangerous than an internet troll.