Poll: Allah, Yahweh, atheist? Left wing, right wing, no wing?
Left wing
Right wing
No wing
[Show Results]

No wing: political equivalent to atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2014, 11:58 AM
RE: No wing: political equivalent to atheism?
(31-07-2014 11:42 AM)Luminon Wrote:  And I think the statists have similar need to learn. The government has this weird power to make a law about absolutely anything they want. Usually it's just boring things, but they can totally make laws like you must stand on one foot, in pink panties, on the roof and sing the anthem, or you go to jail. They totally can do that. And I always found that a bit weird.

To those playing along at home:
This isn't true. It appears to be something he just made up, and then never bothered looking into actual facts and data.

Because as we all know, all so-called data is just a reptiloid plot. The only way to real Truth is through feels-based subjective personal experience.

(31-07-2014 11:42 AM)Luminon Wrote:  And then I learned that government has absolutely no obligation to obey science. I learned that politicians are not very educated and don't know how to solve problems. They just order other people to solve problems (drive safely, don't attack) or get attacked by superior force.

Whereas in ol' Lumi's fantasyland, the solution to people committing crimes against each other is... um... well, there was... the, uh... the... wait, I got this... it was, er...

(31-07-2014 11:42 AM)Luminon Wrote:  It's like a safety vent against violence, but it doesn't actually solve causes of problems. Science invented vaccines and eradicated plagues. But whatever government did, is still here. Stuff like wars.

Oh look, deranged false dichotomies, mixed with blatantly false and superficial history.

Here's a question someone else can ask ol' Lumi:
Who funds vaccination research? Who provides vaccinations today?

(31-07-2014 11:42 AM)Luminon Wrote:  If you're moral because God might punish you, you're not moral, you're obedient. It's the same with government. The longer I thought about the government, the more it reminded me of God. So I am endlessly fascinated by atheists, do they just have a secular God? Consider

Ol' Lumi here likes to reify abstract concepts and then fit them into his paranoid conspiratorial fantasies.

But be careful! If you point this leap of trolltacular logic out too many times, he'll get pissy and ignore you.
Shy

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like cjlr's post
31-07-2014, 12:09 PM
CJLR, I can only imagine what you do for a living.

I'm hoping it's stand up comedy or that you are a commentator of some sort.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
31-07-2014, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2014 12:45 PM by Luminon.)
(31-07-2014 12:09 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  CJLR, I can only imagine what you do for a living.

He's paid by the government, of course. The academia. He probably has a tenure, which means he can be unpleasant at customers and he still gets paid. My problem with government is, among many, that it is not a scientific invention. Neither is a university, for that matter. It's a medieval thing.

In his view, if government didn't steal money from the people to fund vaccination research, nobody would ever spend a dime on curing the world's plagues. So it's right to steal money. By this logic, slavery is right, because nobody else would pick cotton, there's no other, non-violent way and world needs clothes.

Some of the most conservative, whimsical, malevolent people I ever met were docents. Doctors were OK, young people, professors were all right too, but docents, there's a surprising amount of assholes among these. I think in central European academia Cjlr would be a docent.
31-07-2014, 12:51 PM
(31-07-2014 12:36 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(31-07-2014 12:09 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  CJLR, I can only imagine what you do for a living.

He's paid by the government, of course.

This neatly illustrates the thought process of ol' Lumi.

I disagree with him > I must work for "the government" > everything I say/think/do can be discounted because "lol conspiracy" > the unfalsifiable reality bubble is preserved. Thank goodness for presupposition!

Because when you need to shore up your cognitive dissonance, there's nothing like presuppositionalism. Facts? Ignore them! Differences of opinion? As if! Ambiguity? No way! Yes, presuppositionalism, the way to solve all your problems by appealing to your own vanity. It's not just for theists anymore!

(31-07-2014 12:36 PM)Luminon Wrote:  The academia. He probably has a tenure...

I wish. I'm a graduate student.

(31-07-2014 12:36 PM)Luminon Wrote:  ... which means he can be unpleasant at customers and he still gets paid.

Uh, champ? That's not what tenure means. At all. Like, even remotely. Read a book.

(31-07-2014 12:36 PM)Luminon Wrote:  My problem with government is, among many, that it is not a scientific invention. Neither is a university, for that matter. It's a medieval thing.

Yeah! Because fuck learning and law enforcement! Who needs those, amirite?

After all, witness the self-evident resplendent glory of our own "self-educated" Apostle of the Prophet Molyneux, ol' Lumi here. He knows better than to look at things which might contradict him or challenge his presuppositions. It's all well and good to accuse other people of not examining their own premises and conclusions, but if your own feels-based subjective personal experience tells you that you're so obviously correct, why, what could possibly compete with that? Better to simply dismiss any and every outside source with a cavalier wave of the hand. It helps keep away those damn reptiloid "facts".

(31-07-2014 12:36 PM)Luminon Wrote:  In his view, if government didn't steal money from the people to fund vaccination research, nobody would ever spend a dime on curing the world's plagues. So it's right to steal money. By this logic, slavery is right, because nobody else would pick cotton, there's no other, non-violent way and world needs clothes.

Two things with this. The first being that since you're answering my question, you've obviously read my previous post, which makes your "NO I IGNOR U" statement look even more childish.

Second, and perhaps more importantly, no, I did not say that. Nor do I think it. You made that up. As is your wont. I mean, when you don't feel like addressing what people actually say, it saves so much time to just make up shitty strawmen and masturbate (intellectually, of course) while you knock them down.

I didn't even remotely suggest that. How you parsed that from my statement is, to borrow a phrase, beyond me or any reasonable person.

That's why I say you (and the likes of you) are not just a dick but actually insane. If you don't care that you engage in rampant mischaracterisation, then you're a colossal asshole. If you genuinely think that's a thing I've even come remotely close to suggesting, you are delusional. Personally I'm leaning towards both by this point.

[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
31-07-2014, 12:56 PM
Re: RE: No wing: political equivalent to atheism?
(31-07-2014 12:36 PM)Luminon Wrote:  

He's paid by the government, of course. The academia. He probably has a tenure, which means he can be unpleasant at customers and he still gets paid. My problem with government is, among many, that it is not a scientific invention. Neither is a university, for that matter. It's a medieval thing.

In his view, if government didn't steal money from the people to fund vaccination research, nobody would ever spend a dime on curing the world's plagues. So it's right to steal money. By this logic, slavery is right, because nobody else would pick cotton, there's no other, non-violent way and world needs clothes.

Some of the stupidest people I ever met were docents. Doctors were OK, young people, professors were all right too, but docents, there's a surprising amount of assholes among these. I think in Europe Cjlr would be a docent.

You're restating things said on this board months ago that weren't given justification that holds up then or now.

You're bastardizing concepts others give because you're too convinced of your own.

To the government stealing to act in favor of people.. Go ahead, it's just another example of you weakening terms to fit your generalized ideas. Just like when you stated recently every child could be claimed to be raised abused. The terms don't retain any value when you use them that flimsily for some presumes effect.

There's plenty of cases historically and recently of non government variations of "stealing" in a tax like format. Even in our lifetimes there's places in the world where non government police of fireforces will extort people for money before helping them. When things of this nature happen with or without government.. The premise that it's an issue government cause isn't valid. It stems deeper than a big target that's easy to attach blame.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
31-07-2014, 01:05 PM
(31-07-2014 12:51 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I wish. I'm a graduate student.
No Kidding. I totally imagined you being at least 50!

Although age cannot be definitively derived from 'grad student' status.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
31-07-2014, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2014 01:29 PM by Luminon.)
(31-07-2014 12:56 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You're restating things said on this board months ago that weren't given justification that holds up then or now.

You're bastardizing concepts others give because you're too convinced of your own.

To the government stealing to act in favor of people.. Go ahead, it's just another example of you weakening terms to fit your generalized ideas. Just like when you stated recently every child could be claimed to be raised abused. The terms don't retain any value when you use them that flimsily for some presumes effect.

There's plenty of cases historically and recently of non government variations of "stealing" in a tax like format. Even in our lifetimes there's places in the world where non government police of fireforces will extort people for money before helping them. When things of this nature happen with or without government.. The premise that it's an issue government cause isn't valid. It stems deeper than a big target that's easy to attach blame.
Government is NOT a big target. It is a very small, simple idea, one of the oldest ideas in the world, that we can violently take what is not ours, if we're stronger. It's the idea of violence.

C'mon, the police have a separate agency to extort people for money regardless of helping them. It's called taxation. The police extort money too, through bills. The police often frame people or break the law to give people bills. For example, if someone drives too fast, the police will drive much faster and more dangerously to catch him.
All the concepts other people have are bastardized. If the concepts were clear, nobody would go along with government. Most concepts we're taught about government are buzzwords to stir us up or euphemisms to calm us down. Taxation is an euphemism for theft, democracy is buzzword for something good and just where people take care of you, while they really don't, or they hurt a lot of other people in the process and get generations of future children into debt.

[Image: 10525781_715431651860637_1929681217161052445_n.jpg]

(31-07-2014 01:05 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(31-07-2014 12:51 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I wish. I'm a graduate student.
No Kidding. I totally imagined you being at least 50!

Although age cannot be definitively derived from 'grad student' status.
Mixed feelings. Damn. So I wasn't trolling a real professor or docent all the time? Just a grad student? Gasp So this bloke was acting so superior and high and mighty all along and yet I'm a grad student too.
I'm a little relieved and a little disappointed.
31-07-2014, 01:25 PM
(31-07-2014 08:25 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(31-07-2014 08:00 AM)Luminon Wrote:  By the way, Cjlr, don't bother posting, you're on my ignore list.
There goes one of my favorite pastime activities. Dodgy

Never mind that. Apparently, we still get to enjoy cjlr's responses to Luminion's... whatever they are supposed to be. Angel

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
31-07-2014, 01:26 PM
(31-07-2014 01:25 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(31-07-2014 08:25 AM)Vosur Wrote:  There goes one of my favorite pastime activities. Dodgy

Never mind that. Apparently, we still get to enjoy cjlr's responses to Luminion's... whatever they are supposed to be. Angel

It's even more fun now because it's all black market. Laugh out load

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
31-07-2014, 01:28 PM
(31-07-2014 01:20 PM)Luminon Wrote:  Mixed feelings. Damn. So I wasn't trolling a real professor or docent all the time? Just a grad student? Gasp So this bloke was acting so superior and high and mighty all along and yet I'm a grad student too.
I'm a little relieved and a little disappointed.

I told you that all along, bud. It's not my fault if you can't read don't read make up your own answers instead of reading.

Find me one example of acting so superior and high and mighty before you started insulting me. I dare you. Your cavalcade of insanely judgemental dismissals did not endear you to me, and being only human, my patience is exhaustible.
(or, as we like to say - citation needed; the pseudoscientist's kryptonite)

[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post