Poll: Allah, Yahweh, atheist? Left wing, right wing, no wing?
Left wing
Right wing
No wing
[Show Results]

No wing: political equivalent to atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2014, 04:19 AM
RE: No wing: political equivalent to atheism?
(23-08-2014 03:36 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I fukcing love this. Don't agree with Lumi? Must be you were abused as a child... Facepalm
Take the ACE test! It's science. You can mess with me, but you don't mess with science Dodgy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2014, 04:23 AM
(23-08-2014 04:19 AM)Luminon Wrote:  Take the ACE test! It's science. You can mess with me, but you don't mess with science Dodgy
I disagree with you and my score is 0. Now what? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
23-08-2014, 04:39 AM (This post was last modified: 23-08-2014 04:49 AM by Revenant77x.)
(23-08-2014 04:19 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(23-08-2014 03:36 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I fukcing love this. Don't agree with Lumi? Must be you were abused as a child... Facepalm
Take the ACE test! It's science. You can mess with me, but you don't mess with science Dodgy

So what happens when people who score lower than you on this test disagree with you fundamentally? BTW this test does not do what you think it does. It shows a propensity for health related problems stemming from childhood neglect not some kind of overall inability to function in the world. Of course with human behavior you alway have outliers a person with the full 7 score could have a clean bill of health whereas a 0 on that scale could be an alcoholic chain smoking wreck. Like any risk assessment it does not replace personal accountability for your actions it just shows a general trend and something to look out for.

Edit: I got a 0 on the ACE test and I could not disagree with Lummy more. If childhood trauma makes one unfit for life (as Lumy likes to say) and he claims he had massive amounts of childhood trauma by his logic he should be listening to us not the other way round.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
23-08-2014, 04:46 AM
What's the weather like in fairyland today?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
23-08-2014, 05:20 AM
(23-08-2014 04:46 AM)morondog Wrote:  What's the weather like in fairyland today?

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs? Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
23-08-2014, 05:32 AM
(23-08-2014 04:19 AM)Luminon Wrote:  

I scored a 1, stemming entirely from my step-mother whom I was never on good terms with. Our contact was limited, and eventually I cut off all contact with her, but reconnected with my father when they later divorced (she had cheated on him, and was a bundle of psychosis herself). But I also scored 14 across the Resilience questionnaire, so there is that. Guess I'm not the second coming of Emperor Facist McSatan... Drinking Beverage

So I'm more likely to smoke and become an alcoholic; except that in reality I can count the number I drinks I have in a year on just both hands (single digits here), and my parent's own smoking habits killed any alure it might have ever had (they have long since quit themselves and couldn't be happier).

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
23-08-2014, 06:01 AM (This post was last modified: 23-08-2014 07:09 AM by Luminon.)
(23-08-2014 05:32 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I scored a 1, stemming entirely from my step-mother whom I was never on good terms with. Our contact was limited, and eventually I cut off all contact with her, but reconnected with my father when they later divorced (she had cheated on him, and was a bundle of psychosis herself). But I also scored 14 across the Resilience questionnaire, so there is that. Guess I'm not the second coming of Emperor Facist McSatan... Drinking Beverage

So I'm more likely to smoke and become an alcoholic; except that in reality I can count the number I drinks I have in a year on just both hands (single digits here), and my parent's own smoking habits killed any alure it might have ever had (they have long since quit themselves and couldn't be happier).
Well, you're the only one here who tries some activism with the system, that's showing some signs of life Consider
So, how were you disciplined as a child? Were you negotiated with? Were you and your wishes respected?
How about the school system, how did you like that? 13 years or so, that's enough to form an opinion. What if you didn't want to go to school, or wanted to learn something else or just didn't like the way it was taught? How much would you pay for such a hotel stay or education course on free market?
23-08-2014, 07:08 AM
(22-08-2014 11:57 PM)PKJoe Wrote:  I don't mean to disparage anyone. But I feel this thread just took a left at crazy town.

This thread has been on the high-speed crazy train since the get-go.

It has been swerving and accelerating - that's what may have caught your eye. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
23-08-2014, 07:13 AM
(23-08-2014 02:47 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(22-08-2014 09:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, really, I don't know what he means. Consider
It's a scientific thing.

Except nowhere in there is the phrase 'block to one's psyche' or even the word 'block' used.

So, no, your statement wasn't scientific. It is more of your made-up terminology.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
23-08-2014, 07:26 AM
(23-08-2014 07:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-08-2014 02:47 AM)Luminon Wrote:  It's a scientific thing.

Except nowhere in there is the phrase 'block to one's psyche' or even the word 'block' used.

So, no, your statement wasn't scientific. It is more of your made-up terminology.
So it's called psychological repression, so what? It feels like a block. Or a blind spot.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_repression

'Repression, a key concept of psychoanalysis, is a defense mechanism, but it pre-exists the ego e.g. 'Primal Repression'. It ensures that what is unacceptable to the conscious mind, and would, if recalled, arouse anxiety, is prevented from entering into it';[2] and is generally accepted as such by psychoanalytic psychologists.[3]