Poll: Allah, Yahweh, atheist? Left wing, right wing, no wing?
Left wing
Right wing
No wing
[Show Results]

No wing: political equivalent to atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2014, 09:24 AM
RE: No wing: political equivalent to atheism?
(25-08-2014 09:09 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Drinking Beverage Well Luminon got dangerously close to an actual dialog over the weekend so I see he has gone as far into fairyland as it is possible to go. I mentioned this to cjlr last night but I used to wonder why Eastern European degrees were not accepted in the USA ("I used to be a Doctor in my country" cliche) but ol Lummy here has shown that a Bachelor's Degree from the Czech Republic is absolutely worthless granted as cjlr kindly pointed out a Private degree probably means unaccredited. External reality does not exit only the market! That has crossed over from fantasy into borderline insanity.
I've got my diploma right here and it's EU certified, it's according to the model created by European Comission, Council of Europe, UNESCO and CEPES. If USA doesn't approve of EU degrees, that's not my fault. But I'm not going to post any personal data.

The problem is, I know exactly what do you mean, what everyone else means. I was taught exactly what you said and I said it in the exams. But I disagree with it and the information I find most useful is just from several dissident courses, mostly by the dean's personal courtesy, not from the main subjects of the degree. Guess what, government schools teach economic theory that emphasizes the role of government. Surprise surprise. So do private schools, for the most part, if they want to get approved, but there are small lights of reason. I go against the majority of my formal education. Call it getting an alternate opinion to Keynesianism.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2014, 09:26 AM
(25-08-2014 08:44 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(25-08-2014 03:27 AM)PKJoe Wrote:  Why must you be so dense. You have no evidence to back up your claims. You just pull shit out of your ass and throw it up on the wall to see if it sticks. None of it sticks because all you have is diarrhea. Even the most libertarian people I have ever talked to understand externalities and come up with better bullshit than what you come up with.
There are market externalities, ergo, people have to be herded at gunpoint to pay to solve them. Riiight. There is original sin, too.

(25-08-2014 03:27 AM)PKJoe Wrote:  People don't naturally think about the long term. People are naturally exploitative of their environment. They want to make the most as quickly as possible, and very few people think about how there actions today will affect even themselves in 5 or more years. The whole fucking 80's was a lesson about the dangers of short term thinking. We are still trying to get over that clusterfuck of a decade, but peoples natural tendencies are still to do what feels best now. It's why if you offer someone $100 today or $200 a year from now, most people will take the $100 today.
Not if their property is respected. Not if they are free. Not if they stop being shielded from responsibility. Not if they stop electing politicians who promise them to relieve their anxiety about natural consequences of their actions, only if they say goodbye to 60 % of their income. Politicians breed people to be stupid, short-sighted, dependent and willing to part with their taxes - it's called a tax farm and major part of it is public education. I've been there and they gave me zero evidence for everything they said. Giving evidence would... slow down the lessons!

(25-08-2014 03:27 AM)PKJoe Wrote:  Ownership rights don't change a thing. People will use up as much as they can as quickly as they can if that means they can increase their short term profits. They don't give a damn about the future because they can't touch the future. They can feel today, tomorrow is nothing but a dream.
Yes, you have summed up how people are very well. That's why I am so afraid to let them write and enforce laws.

(25-08-2014 03:27 AM)PKJoe Wrote:  Some how you think people will change just because they are living in your imaginary anarchist utopia. Just a few post ago you claim you don't believe in GDP. Like it's an opinion. No matter what you think about how the GDP is calculated its a real fucking thing you moron. Your opinion on whether it should be calculated differently is an opinion. You are entitle to opinions, but don't be so stupid to claim it does't exist. Next your going to tell me magnetic fields don't exist because you don't like the how the fields are calculated.

I still can't believe that you think externalities don't exist, or didn't exist prior to 1850. What fucking universe do you get this shit from. Stop pulling things out of your ass.
You have complaints now. But if I went into politics and won with my opinion, you would submit to me without a complaint. Suddenly, I would be right and virtuous and obedience-worthy! Magic.
Government spending isn't people's spending, it's made-up lobbyist rent-seeking bullshit and printed money. Economy never made sense, until I learned that.

(25-08-2014 07:56 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Yeah, as if the premise of the video-game Evil Genius and applied it to reality...
Eh, it sounds too much like Obama's foreign policy, only more difficult. Who else has 700 military bases around the world, secret prisons and reads Angela Merkel's private mail? Public sector criminality is too easy to make a game about it.

[Image: drink-the-kool-aid.jpg]

Here's your Kool-Aid Lumi, now drink it and go away before our NSA guided army of statist drones bombs you to shit because you got too close to the TRUTH!

Either that, or you're just fucking nuts, with about a much sanity and tenuous link to reality as an Alex Jones sponsor. Actually, in that case, don't forget to buy your Super Male Vitality! Buy yours now before the Terrorists/Commies/Fascists/Statists Win!

[Image: super-male-vitality-5-pack-2.gif]

Stay VIGILANT!

[Image: tinfoil-hat.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
25-08-2014, 09:33 AM
Just another day at the tax farm Drinking Beverage
[Image: l_1df19970-9893-11e1-b11e-dd9042900004.jpg]
25-08-2014, 09:44 AM
(25-08-2014 09:33 AM)Luminon Wrote:  Just another day at the tax farm Drinking Beverage

"Oh, you don't believe the Bible the Prophet Molyneux? Just let me quote some Biblical passages Prophet Molyneux for you..."

Presuppositionalism! It's not just for theists anymore.

You're no more than a bad joke at this point, ol' Lumi.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
25-08-2014, 07:45 PM
Lumi,

If you can't discuss things in the real world, I don't know what the point of continuing this conversation is. When you come back to reality, maybe we can pick this conversation back up.
[+] 1 user Likes PKJoe's post
26-08-2014, 03:06 AM
(25-08-2014 09:44 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(25-08-2014 09:33 AM)Luminon Wrote:  Just another day at the tax farm Drinking Beverage

"Oh, you don't believe the Bible the Prophet Molyneux? Just let me quote some Biblical passages Prophet Molyneux for you..."

[Image: 225629-header.jpg]

Wrong Molyneux? Consider

26-08-2014, 03:12 AM
(26-08-2014 03:06 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(25-08-2014 09:44 AM)cjlr Wrote:  "Oh, you don't believe the Bible the Prophet Molyneux? Just let me quote some Biblical passages Prophet Molyneux for you..."

[Image: 225629-header.jpg]

Wrong Molyneux? Consider

Yeah Luminon managed to find a Molyneux with worse ideas and less people skills than Peter. Fuckin magic trick.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
26-08-2014, 06:21 AM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2014 06:25 AM by Luminon.)
(25-08-2014 09:44 AM)cjlr Wrote:  "Oh, you don't believe the Bible the Prophet Molyneux? Just let me quote some Biblical passages Prophet Molyneux for you..."

Well, you told me, read a book! So I did. You didn't say which book.

People here teach me how much more important is being good than just technical knowledge.

All people here believe in unchosen positive obligations, I don't. They believe that someone far away has the moral right to order our lives, because society, because human nature...
I don't see any difference between that and...
God has a plan for you. God is good, God created you, so you must obey!
Lenin and the Party committee have a plan for you, to save you from evil capitalists who want to sell an iPad to you.
Obama has a plan for obligatory health insurance. It's for your health, health is a good thing, ergo you must obey! Obey, obey, obey, and then maybe once in 4 years put a piece of paper in a box, while the people you obey have the other 1459 days to make sure their interests are secure no matter how the elections go.
And, I'm the bad guy here, don't forget about that.
26-08-2014, 06:25 AM
(26-08-2014 06:21 AM)Luminon Wrote:  

People here teach me how much more important is being good than just technical knowledge.

All people here believe in unchosen positive obligations, I don't. They believe that someone far away has the moral right to order our lives, because society, because human nature...
Lenin and the Party committee have a plan for you, to save you from evil capitalists who want to sell an iPad to you.
Obama has a plan for obligatory health insurance. It's for your health, health is a good thing, ergo you must obey!

We have obligations to each other, not to some invisible man in the sky, because we all share this planet with one another and our actions affect one another.

For fuck's sake you're as thick as a fucking brick... Facepalm

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
26-08-2014, 06:28 AM
(26-08-2014 06:21 AM)Luminon Wrote:  

Obama has a plan for obligatory health insurance. It's for your health, health is a good thing, ergo you must obey! Obey, obey, obey, and then maybe once in 4 years put a piece of paper in a box, while the people you obey have the other 1459 days to make sure their interests are secure no matter how the elections go.
And, I'm the bad guy here, don't forget about that.

We know you can't see the difference. You're not the bad guy here, you're the idiot here. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post