Poll: Allah, Yahweh, atheist? Left wing, right wing, no wing?
Left wing
Right wing
No wing
[Show Results]

No wing: political equivalent to atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2014, 05:49 PM
RE: No wing: political equivalent to atheism?
(31-07-2014 05:41 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Not even 12hours and it's up to page 8.
Anyone care to give me a brief summary or should I just bitch to Lummy that he's an idiot because I'm assuming that that is the general tone of the thread.

Same Lummy thread different day. He is advocating for murdering Government employees now.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-07-2014, 05:57 PM
(31-07-2014 05:49 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(31-07-2014 05:41 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Not even 12hours and it's up to page 8.
Anyone care to give me a brief summary or should I just bitch to Lummy that he's an idiot because I'm assuming that that is the general tone of the thread.

Same Lummy thread different day. He is advocating for murdering Government employees now.

Government employees?

So what? Police, firefighters, nurses, doctors, school teachers, department call center staff, city council members (from major to lollypop stick holder), politicians, SOE staff, armed forces, coast guard etc.. etc..

That's a lot of people... My mom's a primary school teacher, what the fuck have you got against her Lummy? You wanna kill my mother? What the fuck is wrong with you!!?
Besides pop me out her vagina wtf has she ever done to you and done to deserve to be put up against a wall and shot?

Not cool bro.
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
31-07-2014, 08:01 PM
He still hasn't responded to me, has he?

It doesn't seem like he has even tired to respond to criticism.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
[+] 1 user Likes Res Publica's post
31-07-2014, 08:33 PM
Re: RE: No wing: political equivalent to atheism?
(31-07-2014 08:01 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  He still hasn't responded to me, has he?

If it's not something he can dismissively dispute and use to promote his already "correctly" defined view, he usually ignores it.

I'll admit I haven't stalked him to follow every post he makes, especially in these threads that unfold around him... But I've never seen him make a post of advocating any doubt in his presumptions, nor admit he was wrong about something. Everything comes off as proclaiming everyone else was invalid or unqualified for X reason. It's not the first time I've seen that attitude, but that's bizarre for someone who constantly advocates active "real" philosophizing and critical thoughts that are individualized.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
31-07-2014, 09:28 PM
(31-07-2014 08:01 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  He still hasn't responded to me, has he?

I honestly don't blame him for not responding to you.
You're as deluded as he is.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
31-07-2014, 10:22 PM
Thank goodness for threads like these. Hours and hours of free entertainment.

It's not original, but I'll say it anyway; if anarchy existed some feudal war lord asshole would get a bunch murderous brigands together and rape, murder, and plunder them self into an empire, and then establish a government that suits them. AKA a rerun of the beginning of civilization. Anarchy would just be a reset button on governments, not the end of them.
[+] 7 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
31-07-2014, 10:27 PM
History is written by the victors. So is the future Tongue.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
31-07-2014, 11:21 PM
(31-07-2014 10:27 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  History is written by the victors. So is the future Tongue.

Did Victor finally manage to clone himself?

That Victor, always with the whole "Million Victors on a million typewriters" thing... Ha, what a guy.
[+] 3 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
31-07-2014, 11:53 PM
(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  Please be careful. This is an ancient conversation, older than apologetics. Christianity lost the argument sooner than it started (Epicuros) and governments lost it about that time too.
You grew a big part of your brain on the government template and if you get it disproven, well, this is a big strain on anyone's nerve system. The risk to sanity is real. Philosophy is like training for Olympics, it is an extreme sport. About 1 person in 200 can see that something seems to make sense logically in spite of the culture and tradition and upbringing, but that is just a beginning at best.
Do you *know* what my fucking government was up to when I was a kid boyo? Zimbos in general have a healthy distrust of anyone in positions of power. I look forward to your answers (no weaselling) to my questions namely:

- How do you guarantee rights such as freedom of speech, freedom of expression, property rights (you brought those up), free and fair justice? You are talking anarchy. By definition anything goes. I can enslave you tomorrow and no one can say a damn thing against it unless they're stronger than me.

By *definition*, it's an unstable political situation which as far as I can see will immediately result in people banding together for self-protection, i.e. forming a new government.

- You say free market competition with no regulation is the way to go, but monopolies already exist even right now. So if google monopolizes internet services in your anarchy and then jacks the prices through the roof because they can, how will you protect against that?

Again, it seems to me that it's trivially easy to see that people will band together for self-protection against this kind of thing i.e. form a new government.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 7 users Like morondog's post
01-08-2014, 01:38 AM
(31-07-2014 11:21 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(31-07-2014 10:27 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  History is written by the victors. So is the future Tongue.

Did Victor finally manage to clone himself?

That Victor, always with the whole "Million Victors on a million typewriters" thing... Ha, what a guy.

[Image: 876237-doom_pulls_all_the_strings.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post