Poll: Allah, Yahweh, atheist? Left wing, right wing, no wing?
Left wing
Right wing
No wing
[Show Results]

No wing: political equivalent to atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2014, 11:24 AM
RE: No wing: political equivalent to atheism?
(30-08-2014 10:44 AM)Luminon Wrote:  What should I specifically google up when talking to you?

Any fucking ridiculous claim you ain't qualified to make. You know, like most of your posts.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-08-2014, 11:35 AM
(30-08-2014 11:24 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 10:44 AM)Luminon Wrote:  What should I specifically google up when talking to you?

Any fucking ridiculous claim you ain't qualified to make. You know, like most of your posts.

Bowing

Thumbsup

... this is my signature!
30-08-2014, 11:47 AM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2014 11:55 AM by Luminon.)
(30-08-2014 11:05 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 10:44 AM)Luminon Wrote:  You may be the smartest person on Earth within your field, but that has no influence on your self-knowledge and self-control.

So most of that read like gibberish but this sentence appears to indicate that you have now moved on to questioning my introspection cred. I got an Exit Bag which I constructed decades ago that I maintain and periodically contemplate as a window into the Abyss on an as needed basis. I have direct experience of "I am the Lizard King, I can do anything" surrender to the Id. Went on a walkabout in the wasteland and got lost for a year. I got a shitload more. What you got?
I have resistance towards escapism and effort towards self-integration.
Sorry, I meant that smartness does not necessarily translate to self-knowledge and self-control. I didn't know what is it like with you.
Holy shit, Girly. That is messed up. I can see how this stuff takes courage and strength and how most people would admire that. But from my plentiful experience there had to be something stronger that took away normal life from you and exiled you into the abnormal. I have some freaky experiences too... And so do some of the people who have hurt others and done evil and are unhappy. Fringe experiences like gun muzzle gazing and wilderness life teach people nothing about virtue and life and society. I came to see the mundane and everyday society as a frontier for virtue, a battlefield for very unpleasant conversations that most people avoid and call it life. Such as, "did you ever agree to pay taxes to the state? What happens if you don't?" or, "why did you hit me when I was a child, but magically stopped hitting me when I got bigger"?
These conversations cause enormous resistance and I rejoice, because as war pilots say, when you fly over a target, that's when they shoot at you the most.

(30-08-2014 11:05 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  you know aware of a lot of things but not quite, sure of anything.
Thanks I guess, that's probably the biggest compliment I get from you.
I am sure of great many things that I have observed personally with my own senses over many years. But I have little or no mechanical evidence of them or no official words for them, so that I must pretend that I am not sure. As I had seen in this thread, people absolutely love it when I'm not sure and they feel insulted and robbed of something when I act sure of myself.

By the way, something to liven it up: The thing that Sandy Springs Georgia didn't privatize, but totally could Wink
http://www.dailypaul.com/285304/a-proact...n-policing
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/heather-an...26012.html
30-08-2014, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2014 12:23 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-08-2014 11:47 AM)Luminon Wrote:  Holy shit, Girly. That is messed up. I can see how this stuff takes courage and strength and how most people would admire that. But from my plentiful experience there had to be something stronger that took away normal life from you and exiled you into the abnormal.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You funny man. Married going on 30 years, 4 kids, white picket fence and shit. Don't presume to lecture Girly on normalcy. Because that is clearly a subject you haven't studied and got no fucking clue how to play.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-08-2014, 12:33 PM
(30-08-2014 12:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You funny man. Married going on 30 years, 4 kids, white picket fence and shit. Don't presume to lecture Girly on normality. Because that is clearly a subject you haven't studied and got no fucking clue about.
You've got some nice numbers there, nicer than my parents, 26, 3. The question is, how much reasoning was used in the process. You're not using much reasoning with me now.
30-08-2014, 12:38 PM
(30-08-2014 12:33 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 12:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You funny man. Married going on 30 years, 4 kids, white picket fence and shit. Don't presume to lecture Girly on normality. Because that is clearly a subject you haven't studied and got no fucking clue about.
You've got some nice numbers there, nicer than my parents, 26, 3. The question is, how much reasoning was used in the process. You're not using much reasoning with me now.

I didn't think it was possible, but Lumi is even more ridiculous in his full-retreat ass-covering equivocation mode, than he is when he's just making shit up or quoting the Prophet Molyneux (pbuh).

Keep going Girly, I don't think ol' Lumi has hit rock bottom yet.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
30-08-2014, 03:24 PM
(30-08-2014 12:33 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
You're not using much reasoning with me now.

You're not worth reasoning with 'cause you don't know what that means.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-08-2014, 03:39 PM
(30-08-2014 10:20 AM)Luminon Wrote:  I see you are a computer science guy, not a philosopher. Nothing wrong with that.
One problem of philosophy is, everyone needs it to live well, everyone dabbles in it, everyone claims they know it, that they know what is true, just and virtuous, many claim they learned it in academia... But that's all nonsense.

You are the only one here claiming to know. The only one. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-08-2014, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2014 05:28 PM by Luminon.)
(30-08-2014 03:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-08-2014 10:20 AM)Luminon Wrote:  I see you are a computer science guy, not a philosopher. Nothing wrong with that.
One problem of philosophy is, everyone needs it to live well, everyone dabbles in it, everyone claims they know it, that they know what is true, just and virtuous, many claim they learned it in academia... But that's all nonsense.

You are the only one here claiming to know. The only one. Facepalm
Really? Then why do everyone live and act as if they knew the answers? I don't care what they say or don't say, I only care what they do, if there's a difference.
Where is the science of brand-new governance and administration systems that aren't based on Greek slaver elite and mob rule? Oh, I see a plenty of objections against Christian rule book and Jewish rule book. But I don't see anybody worried that the Roman law might be a tad bit obsolete way of ruling the society. I don't see any complaints that the practice of hitting children is so stone age. I see lots of people sure of themselves, requiring only small tweaks of the system here and there. If we write just right things on paper, people will behave exactly as it's written on the paper. Everyone has modern cell phones, so they must be really sure of themselves that they want to keep the old systems in place.

Oh, you might say, these systems are just technical, consensual stuff that the society uses to organize itself, they have nothing to do with truth, justice and virtue? Great! Spell that out please, in big letters. Say it before court meetings, in the morning at schools, and especially before elections. We don't want to mislead people.
30-08-2014, 05:46 PM
(30-08-2014 10:50 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So far we have near 100+ pages of bullshit.

That's not so much of a problem when you are in '50 posts per page' mode.

For me it's only been about 20 pages.

(30-08-2014 10:20 AM)Luminon Wrote:  One problem of philosophy is, everyone needs it to live well, everyone dabbles in it, everyone claims they know it, that they know what is true, just and virtuous, many claim they learned it in academia... But that's all nonsense.

The biggest problem with philosobullshittery is that people constantly project it into everything to the point where people think it informs everything; you don't need to practise philosobull to live well; you just need to use your brain to perform basic cost-benefit analyses for your actions to keep you alive and relatively well off; it does not a PhD in bullshitting, nor any other form of it.

So, you are right; all of what you said prior as nonsense.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post