Poll: Allah, Yahweh, atheist? Left wing, right wing, no wing?
Left wing
Right wing
No wing
[Show Results]

No wing: political equivalent to atheism?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: No wing: political equivalent to atheism?
Quote:As to what explains those who disagree and yet very much weren't abused as children, I can't quite recall what he came up with.

They were abused, they just don't know it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2014, 11:41 PM
(10-08-2014 10:16 PM)cjlr Wrote:  As to what explains those who disagree and yet very much weren't abused as children, I can't quite recall what he came up with.

Probably Reptiloids.

[Image: reptoid.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-08-2014, 11:49 PM
Also, has anyone else yet pointed out the pitfall of his absolute freedom yet? That in valuing freedom above all else, you have to value the freedom of others to value something more than freedom? But that his perfectly modeled anarco-capitalist utopia falls apart without a homogeneous society that all value freedom?

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
11-08-2014, 12:52 AM
No wing: political equivalent to atheism?
Luminon, you seems to have decided quite a while ago that you know more than all of us here. You've dismissed all suggestions out of hand and told us our opinions are of no value to you.

So, why are you still here? If the only opinions you value are those of scholars, why aren't you talking about all this with them?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 2 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
11-08-2014, 12:55 AM
(11-08-2014 12:52 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Luminon, you seems to have decided quite a while ago that you know more than all of us here. You've dismissed all suggestions out of hand and told us our opinions are of no value to you.

So, why are you still here? If the only opinions you value are those of scholars, why aren't you talking about all this with them?

Because that wouldn't feed into his self-aggrandizing ego... Drinking Beverage

[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
11-08-2014, 01:16 AM
(11-08-2014 12:52 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Luminon, you seems to have decided quite a while ago that you know more than all of us here. You've dismissed all suggestions out of hand and told us our opinions are of no value to you.

It's more that he wants to spread the good news than have his opinions challenged. Good news! A new society is at hand! How to get summa that anarchist action: a. Don't spank your kids b. Shoot IRS agents. In this way we will build the free-est and fairest society the world has ever seen.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
11-08-2014, 03:01 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2014 03:30 AM by Luminon.)

I wanted to find out in a safe and anonymous way what happens when someone comes out of the closet as a voluntarist. If you come out and everyone seems to know better who you are and what are you thinking, what does it remind you of? When an atheist is coming out, suddenly everyone around seems to be an expert on evolution and cosmology.
If you talk about scholars, you might as well talk about priests and bishops about atheism, surely you have good arguments.

No, I wonder about relationships and about people. I can't know people when we all agree with each other. I need to know how are they, how quickly they go from curiosity and tolerance to slander, oneupmanship and pissing contest. Who will resort to the most vicious attacks? Who will show goodwill but later get vicious when I don't turn and repent quickly enough? And of course, how similar is the process to coming out as an atheist among Christians. The truth is, we do not leave the Christians, we are thrown out. Maybe it's better to be thrown out, if I can't leave. I don't mean banning me, I mean gaining closure (complete dis-illusion and losing false hope) with the people, so that I don't feel any desire to respond and I can find other people. Think of it as breaking a habit of obsessive arguing. But think of it also as accepting you as you are. How can I accept others, if I don't know how people are like, if I harbor false hopes about their flexibility of opinion?

I also wished to see a spark of understanding. How many comparisons of the Church and State do you need to see the similarity? How many comparisons of atheism and astatism? How quick are you to come to the state's defense? And why? I forgot why, I forgot the feeling that people equate with the state. It must be some kind of stability, security or guarantee, something like that. I forgot to ask about that, what people feel about the state.

(11-08-2014 01:16 AM)morondog Wrote:  It's more that he wants to spread the good news than have his opinions challenged. Good news! A new society is at hand! How to get summa that anarchist action: a. Don't spank your kids b. Shoot IRS agents. In this way we will build the free-est and fairest society the world has ever seen.
You misinterpreted everything except don't spank your kids. Have you ever heard of the non-aggression principle?
You can only challenge anything with arguments. But you don't know how to make an argument. Argument is a claim supported by a logical, factual justification.

(10-08-2014 11:49 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Also, has anyone else yet pointed out the pitfall of his absolute freedom yet? That in valuing freedom above all else, you have to value the freedom of others to value something more than freedom? But that his perfectly modeled anarco-capitalist utopia falls apart without a homogeneous society that all value freedom?
Define freedom Drinking Beverage
Hint #1: Freedom does not equal democracy (see the picture).
Hint #2: Perfect modelling and freedom don't go well together. You either have perfect modelling like in Soviet Union, or you have freedom.
Hint #3: Your belief that freedom requires homogeneous society is unfounded. Market is not homogeneous, it doesn't need to be.

[Image: 1231077_613502608704389_1470705862_n.jpg]
[Image: 14176_825875307446590_3197331557532858187_n.jpg]
11-08-2014, 03:36 AM
(11-08-2014 03:01 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(10-08-2014 11:49 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Also, has anyone else yet pointed out the pitfall of his absolute freedom yet? That in valuing freedom above all else, you have to value the freedom of others to value something more than freedom? But that his perfectly modeled anarco-capitalist utopia falls apart without a homogeneous society that all value freedom?
Define freedom Drinking Beverage
Hint #1: Freedom does not equal democracy (see the picture).
Hint #2: Perfect modelling and freedom don't go well together. You either have perfect modelling like in Soviet Union, or you have freedom.
Hint #3: Your belief that freedom requires homogeneous society is unfounded. Market is not homogeneous, it doesn't need to be.

We did that once before Lumi, with the point being that adhering to libertarian principles does not, in and of itself, guarantee an anarcho-capitalist society. There is nothing that stops property from being consolidated or monopolized and leading towards the creation of states or even absolute monarchies, that being a single person who has monopolized all property and is merely exercising their 'property rights' on those willing to submit to her stipulations (laws) in exchanged for the right to live and operate on her property (territory/country).

And of course you shouldn't blindly trust those in power, that is why I advocate for transparency; and transparency is good for any social construct that values honesty and requires a degree of trust. So your images, if they are meant to disparage criticism again't libertarianism, are nothing but facile strawmen. Or in other words, par for the fucking course as far as you are concerned.

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
11-08-2014, 03:40 AM
(11-08-2014 03:01 AM)Luminon Wrote:  [Image: 14176_825875307446590_3197331557532858187_n.jpg]

What freedom do you lack? Other than the freedom not to pay taxes which is not a valid answer as explained to you before.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
11-08-2014, 03:45 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2014 03:50 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(11-08-2014 03:40 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 03:01 AM)Luminon Wrote:  [Image: 14176_825875307446590_3197331557532858187_n.jpg]

What freedom do you lack? Other than the freedom not to pay taxes which is not a valid answer as explained to you before.

I lacked the freedom to be born without astigmatism, thus requiring a lifetime of needing corrective lenses. Transgender people who are born as one sex, but gender identify as another, didn't choose to be given the wrong set of equipment to match expected social mores. People don't choose who their parent's were, nor do they choose their genes or the specific set of characteristics they express. We also don't choose the time or place we are born in.

But Lumi has a huge fucking shit-fit about only one of those supposed 'lack of freedom' scenarios (note for the slow: it gals him that he was born into a state that existed before he did, because reasons).

[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post