Noah

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2014, 08:08 PM
Noah
I just came from watching the Jack Ryan movie, pretty good stuff.

But during the previews I spilled popcorn all over myself because one of the trailers is for the upcoming movie Noah starring Russel Crowe,! There he is building the ark, bringing animals in two by two and fighting off the rest of the human population that want in on the deal so they don't drown. FFS, really? You just know that they'll be citing this movie as proof that this all happened...facepalm. Weeping

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qmj5mhDwJQ

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2014, 08:11 PM
RE: Noah
I'm really looking forward to it and think it's a good thing ... I'm being serious

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
28-01-2014, 08:12 PM
(28-01-2014 08:11 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I'm really looking forward to it and think it's a good thing ... I'm being serious

Maybe for the film industry. Ok...why is it a good thing?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
28-01-2014, 08:16 PM
http://christiannews.net/2013/11/17/new-...ntroversy/

It seems that not all Christians are happy with it. It needs more bi-bell.
[+] 3 users Like Noelani's post
28-01-2014, 08:27 PM
Re: RE: Noah
(28-01-2014 08:16 PM)Noelani Wrote:  It seems that not all Christians are happy with it. It needs more bi-bullshit.

Fixed it for you Smile

Using Tapatalk
28-01-2014, 08:31 PM
(28-01-2014 08:12 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(28-01-2014 08:11 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I'm really looking forward to it and think it's a good thing ... I'm being serious

Maybe for the film industry. Ok...why is it a good thing?

Because it puts the Noah myth on the same spectrum as Greek mythology, Clash of the Titans style. In the minds of the neutrals and the doubters, it shows it up as what it is a myth! ... I can see the pub conversations now!

Hey Andy.

Yes mate?

I'm thinking of checking out Christianity.

Oh, OK mate but before you do, you know that Russell Crowe film Noah?

The one with the skinheads?

No mate, that's Romper Stomper.

Ahhh, the one where he's a gladiator?

No, that's ... well gladiator. The one called Noah, where he's Noah. Big boat, world floods.

Oh yeah, I know the one! What about it?

Christians think that's a true story.

Really? REALLY? Fuck that then, they're mental!

Minus the flippancy and I'm sure you get the gist of what I'm saying Smile

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 2 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
28-01-2014, 08:33 PM
(28-01-2014 08:27 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(28-01-2014 08:16 PM)Noelani Wrote:  It seems that not all Christians are happy with it. It needs more bi-bullshit.

Fixed it for you Smile

Yes you fixed it. But the fix undoes my joke... needs more bi bell as in needs more cow bell. [Cringe] Yeah, I know old joke. Undecided
[+] 1 user Likes Noelani's post
28-01-2014, 08:34 PM
Re: RE: Welcome!
(27-05-2009 06:40 PM)Editor-TheThinkingAtheist Wrote:  Welcome.

This website exists for two main reasons:

1) I wanted an easy-to-navigate site that was easy on the eyes, yet also provided substantive arguments. I hope it has succeeded.

2) I've found that atheists and skeptics are hungry for responsible forums for community and discussion. I hope this site will provide both.

Much of this site is designed to be provocative, yes, but I encourage you to digest the information honestly and do your own thinking.

Enjoy.

-Ed

Where is the pic of Christopher Walker?

Using Tapatalk
28-01-2014, 08:35 PM
(28-01-2014 08:16 PM)Noelani Wrote:  http://christiannews.net/2013/11/17/new-...ntroversy/

It seems that not all Christians are happy with it. It needs more bi-bell.

I see that. From the article:

“[I]t’s clear that Noah is not a Christian film,” writes the blog Beginning and End in a lengthy critique of the production. “Yet when this movie hits the theaters, it will not stop the film company behind [it] from marketing the movie to churches and the Christian community in hopes of conveying the idea that it is a movie celebrating a Biblical story when it is not. Do not be deceived.”

Methinks too late...Wink

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
29-01-2014, 12:57 AM
I'm looking forward to it.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.