Noah: The Movie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2014, 12:38 PM
RE: Noah: The Movie
(31-12-2013 12:26 PM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 09:55 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Déjà vu...
Did I miss an earlier thread? Sorry.

Yeah, http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...k-happened but it's cool. Wink

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2014, 12:42 PM
(31-12-2013 10:17 AM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 12:44 PM)Fat Mac Wrote:  Emma Watson?

That's enough for me to see it.

Except when she has sex with her father to repopulate the species.

Face
Are you perhaps thinking of Lot? There's no evidence that Noah himself practised incest, although he had a tendency to take a drop too much.
Doc
[+] 1 user Likes docskeptic's post
03-01-2014, 02:24 PM
It's just a movie guys. Looks like a good movie to me.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
03-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Re: Noah: The Movie
I'm a bit disappointed by the trailer, I hope the director Arnovsky still did his usual thing.

Basically all his movies involve people going nuts from a deep obsession with something. I anticipated this painting Noah as a crazy man, I hope it winds up that way in the end.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
03-01-2014, 03:39 PM
(03-01-2014 02:52 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I'm a bit disappointed by the trailer, I hope the director Arnovsky still did his usual thing.

Basically all his movies involve people going nuts from a deep obsession with something. I anticipated this painting Noah as a crazy man, I hope it winds up that way in the end.

Yea that would make it even better if the ending was Noah being dragged away from his homemade boat screaming about how everyone will drown without him.
03-01-2014, 03:44 PM
This will just be another boring arsed CGI spectacle... All the effort on special effects, piss poor script, piss poor screenplay.

These A list actors really are wasted on these movies. Whatever happened to dialogue and drama?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Quote: piss poor script, piss poor screenplay.

Look what they have to work with.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
03-01-2014, 04:16 PM
Quote:
(03-01-2014 12:40 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  I'm really wondering the audience for this one. I'm predicting that evangelical Christians will hate it because it will need to add so much extra-biblical material to pad out the three short chapters of Genesis to movie length. But I think the producers will still be trying to capture that "Passion of the Christ" audience, so I'm pretty doubtful it will be accessible to people who reject biblical in-errancy. It could go down the classic "10 commandments" route, I guess... but I'm not really seeing a modern audience follow down that path.

Good point - not sure what the audience is.
On the one hand the film may just point out how ridiculous the story of Noah is and bring it back to focus as a myth just like the "Thor" film series ???
However I think the 10 commandments gave legitimacy for the bible and was popular & evangelical. I mean few people really study biblical archaeology and know there is no evidence for Israelite slavery in Egypt as per bible claims.

So what do we make of it ?
For myself it hits a nerve as the Noach story was the key to my secular philosophical salvation after 7 years of orthodoxy !!! I always had problems reconciling the Noach story and it was eventually the crack that let the religion run dry.
Unfortunately I think people are more credulous than being able to see the Noach Film as an equivalent myth to the Thor films - its the bible after all !!!!

Also the morals taught by the Noach story are terrible - when you design a project (Gods plan for Earth) you know will become corrupted, destroy the whole lot regardless of all the kids and babies and start again - terrible life advice !!!
Imagine I start a business I know will become corrupted then destroy all of it including families of all employees apart from one family I save - who will eventually become corrupted anyway !!!!! (Noah + descendants eventually become corrupted as the story continues...otherwise it would be "and they all happily lived after" ending.)
03-01-2014, 04:28 PM
Interesting that I don't think the curse of Ham and Canaan features in the cast ???
Recall Blacks are cursed slave people according to the biblical story which might not go well for a 2014 American audience and probably edited out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How convenient.Censored

I can imagine some white supremacist Christian getting really angry about the political correctness in the movie - show it as it is, blacks are cursed by God as slaves due to curse of canaan due to Ham's sins - its the bible !!!!.
03-01-2014, 04:32 PM
I reckon if they added the descendants of Canaan being cursed by becoming blacks & slaves - it would really add some political weight to Hollywood - what would the US audience make of it ? Support of Barack O'Bama when the bible clearly endorses justification for slavery - GODS CURSE of Ham's descendants (or specifically Canaan) !!!!?