Noah's Ark & Other Things

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2016, 11:10 PM
Noah's Ark & Other Things
How can the Christian theists explain the fact that after the great flood subsided, the kangaroo and the koala found their way to only one isolated, distant island on the planet? Why are there none to be found in any other country? I'll accept that the platypus—being aquatic—could've lasted long enough in a mild saline environment in order to swim to Australia (instead of, say, Madagascar which is closer), but neither the kangaroo or the koala is capable of swimming, and there was no connecting land mass for them to traverse.

And with regards to birds, how is it that crows (genus Corvus) are found in every country on the planet, whilst the cassowary (genus Casuarius) is only found in Australia? This just doesn't make any sense from a logical perspective.

There's a lot more questions surrounding the myth of Noah's ark and the flood, but these are a couple of the simpler ones for the theists to address.

(And yes, I know there's a few other Noah threads here, but I was interested from an Aussie perspective considering the number of unique animals we have here.)

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
29-03-2016, 11:33 PM
RE: Noah's Ark & Other Things
Do you hope they will realize that their beliefs aren't based in reality?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
30-03-2016, 12:15 AM
Why they gotta explain shit? It never happened so the details of it are irrelevant.

[Image: oscar.png]
30-03-2016, 01:23 AM
Believe it or not, but they have *theories* that land bridges existed from the asian continent to indonesia, New Guinea to Australia. Something according to plate tectonics v2.0 god style. I have even seen claims that a land bridge existed between South America and Africa to explain similarities too. WeepingFacepalm
30-03-2016, 01:39 AM
(29-03-2016 11:10 PM)SYZ Wrote:  How can the Christian theists explain the fact that after the great flood subsided, the kangaroo and the koala found their way to only one isolated, distant island on the planet?

God did it.

(29-03-2016 11:10 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Why are there none to be found in any other country?

God didn't do it.

(29-03-2016 11:10 PM)SYZ Wrote:  I'll accept that the platypus—being aquatic—could've lasted long enough in a mild saline environment in order to swim to Australia (instead of, say, Madagascar which is closer), but neither the kangaroo or the koala is capable of swimming, and there was no connecting land mass for them to traverse.

Great mystery of the faith.

(29-03-2016 11:10 PM)SYZ Wrote:  And with regards to birds, how is it that crows (genus Corvus) are found in every country on the planet, whilst the cassowary (genus Casuarius) is only found in Australia? This just doesn't make any sense from a logical perspective.

God did it. It doesn't make sense to you cause you don't understand his PLAN.

(29-03-2016 11:10 PM)SYZ Wrote:  There's a lot more questions surrounding the myth of Noah's ark and the flood, but these are a couple of the simpler ones for the theists to address.

Such was the will of Heavenly Father. What more explanation you need?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
30-03-2016, 04:31 AM
(29-03-2016 11:10 PM)SYZ Wrote:  (And yes, I know there's a few other Noah threads here, but I was interested from an Aussie perspective considering the number of unique animals we have here.)

Well they cherry pick the bits of science they think support their bizarre ideas and thus misrepresent science in a wholly dishonest manner.

Plate tectonics does mean that the present continents have moved around. Australia sits at the centre of the Indo-Australian plate, which is being pushed to the north-east at about 7cm per year (although recent research suggests that the Indian Plate and Australian Plate have been separate since at least 3 million years ago). It's colliding with the Eurasian, Philippine and Pacific plates.

As a result there is no evidence for any land bridges between Eurasia and Australia. Indeed the "The Wallace Line" —the hypothetical line separating the zoogeographical regions of Asia and Australasia—marks the tectonic boundary between the Eurasian and Indo-Australian plates. This continental boundary prevented the formation of land bridges and resulted in a distinct zoological distribution, with limited overlap, of most Asian and Australian fauna, with the exception of birds.

So how did marsupials come to dominate Australian fauna while placental mammals dominate elsewhere?

It's simply down to Australia's long isolation as a continental landmass. Australia was once part of the southern supercontinent Gondwana, which also included South America, Africa, India and Antarctica. Gondwana began to break up 140 million years ago. 50 million years ago Australia separated from Antarctica and was relatively isolated until the collision of the Indo-Australian Plate with Asia in the Miocene era 5.3 million years ago.

Due to this long isolation and the unique environment it resulted in, the fauna that originated in Gondwana, such as the marsupials, survived and adapted in Australia while they were supplanted by placental mammals elsewhere.

So if it was all down to the biblical flood............why are the marsupials dominant in Australia but nowhere else? Did they all get together and decide to swim for it en- masse? Because there is NO evidence for a land bridge. Why didn't the placental mammals that live everywhere else decide to swim for it too?

And while we're at it what about penguins? Sure.......they're birds and they can swim but why are they only found in the Southern Hemisphere if Mount Ararat - the final resting place of Noah's Ark is in the Northern Hemisphere?

Fairy tales are fairy tales no matter how much science you distort to try to prove them true.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 4 users Like Silly Deity's post
30-03-2016, 06:31 AM
Some theists actually speculate that all the animal species found in remote parts of the globe floated to these places on bits of wood and fallen trees Laugh out load The rest of the worlds animals just simply walked to their current habitats, somehow found food, and never failed to reproduce, what an amazing story. I just wonder why the godhead didn't just create everything again and have done with it.
[+] 1 user Likes PaddyOdoors's post
30-03-2016, 06:42 AM
(30-03-2016 06:31 AM)PaddyOdoors Wrote:  Some theists actually speculate that all the animal species found in remote parts of the globe floated to these places on bits of wood and fallen trees Laugh out load The rest of the worlds animals just simply walked to their current habitats, somehow found food, and never failed to reproduce, what an amazing story. I just wonder why the godhead didn't just create everything again and have done with it.

Reboot #1: God's perfect creation is flawed. The naughty creations, Lilith et al. are tossed out and a new woman is made for Adam.

Reboot #2: God's perfect recreation is flawed. After God puts an irresistible troll item in the Garden and the kids take the bait. They get tossed out because God doesn't know squat about gardening.

Reboot #3: God's perfect recreation is still flawed. So He kills everything except the few with tickets for the cruise.

Reboot #4: God's perfect recreation is still flawed. So He sends His Son on a suicide mission.

God, given the above facts, is incompetent. [/i]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
30-03-2016, 06:52 AM
(29-03-2016 11:33 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Do you hope they will realize that their beliefs aren't based in reality?

They are not based on your version of reality but they are based on their version.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
30-03-2016, 06:53 AM
(30-03-2016 06:42 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 06:31 AM)PaddyOdoors Wrote:  Some theists actually speculate that all the animal species found in remote parts of the globe floated to these places on bits of wood and fallen trees Laugh out load The rest of the worlds animals just simply walked to their current habitats, somehow found food, and never failed to reproduce, what an amazing story. I just wonder why the godhead didn't just create everything again and have done with it.

Reboot #1: God's perfect creation is flawed. The naughty creations, Lilith et al. are tossed out and a new woman is made for Adam.

Reboot #2: God's perfect recreation is flawed. After God puts an irresistible troll item in the Garden and the kids take the bait. They get tossed out because God doesn't know squat about gardening.

Reboot #3: God's perfect recreation is still flawed. So He kills everything except the few with tickets for the cruise.

Reboot #4: God's perfect recreation is still flawed. So He sends His Son on a suicide mission.

God, given the above facts, is incompetent. [/i]

Don't forget though, everything went wrong because of free will, not godheads incompetence.
[+] 1 user Likes PaddyOdoors's post