Noah's Ark & Other Things

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2016, 06:55 AM
RE: Noah's Ark & Other Things
(29-03-2016 11:10 PM)SYZ Wrote:  How can the Christian theists explain the fact that after the great flood subsided, the kangaroo and the koala found their way to only one isolated, distant island on the planet? Why are there none to be found in any other country? I'll accept that the platypus—being aquatic—could've lasted long enough in a mild saline environment in order to swim to Australia (instead of, say, Madagascar which is closer), but neither the kangaroo or the koala is capable of swimming, and there was no connecting land mass for them to traverse.

And with regards to birds, how is it that crows (genus Corvus) are found in every country on the planet, whilst the cassowary (genus Casuarius) is only found in Australia? This just doesn't make any sense from a logical perspective.

There's a lot more questions surrounding the myth of Noah's ark and the flood, but these are a couple of the simpler ones for the theists to address.

(And yes, I know there's a few other Noah threads here, but I was interested from an Aussie perspective considering the number of unique animals we have here.)

xtians don't have to explain anything. They come up with wacko theory No. 1 and now it's up to you to disprove. If you do, they'll just come up with wacko theory No. 2 and now it's up to you to disprove that too - just like it's up to you to disprove the existence of their god.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
30-03-2016, 06:57 AM
(30-03-2016 12:15 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why they gotta explain shit? It never happened so the details of it are irrelevant.

But in their "minds", the shit did. It's not them that has to explain anything, it's for you to disprove.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
30-03-2016, 07:08 AM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2016 07:49 AM by god has no twitter account.)
(30-03-2016 06:42 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 06:31 AM)PaddyOdoors Wrote:  Some theists actually speculate that all the animal species found in remote parts of the globe floated to these places on bits of wood and fallen trees Laugh out load The rest of the worlds animals just simply walked to their current habitats, somehow found food, and never failed to reproduce, what an amazing story. I just wonder why the godhead didn't just create everything again and have done with it.

Reboot #1: God's perfect creation is flawed. The naughty creations, Lilith et al. are tossed out and a new woman is made for Adam.

Reboot #2: God's perfect recreation is flawed. After God puts an irresistible troll item in the Garden and the kids take the bait. They get tossed out because God doesn't know squat about gardening.

Reboot #3: God's perfect recreation is still flawed. So He kills everything except the few with tickets for the cruise.

Reboot #4: God's perfect recreation is still flawed. So He sends His Son on a suicide mission.

God, given the above facts, is incompetent. [/i]

Reboot #5. Man pollutes Earth to the point where it no longer supports life. This is in spite of Man's science clearly identifying this. Man dies out.

God, given the above facts, is incompetent.

Man, given the above facts, is no more competent than God.

Stop run.

30-03-2016, 07:12 AM
(30-03-2016 06:53 AM)PaddyOdoors Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 06:42 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Reboot #1: God's perfect creation is flawed. The naughty creations, Lilith et al. are tossed out and a new woman is made for Adam.

Reboot #2: God's perfect recreation is flawed. After God puts an irresistible troll item in the Garden and the kids take the bait. They get tossed out because God doesn't know squat about gardening.

Reboot #3: God's perfect recreation is still flawed. So He kills everything except the few with tickets for the cruise.

Reboot #4: God's perfect recreation is still flawed. So He sends His Son on a suicide mission.

God, given the above facts, is incompetent. [/i]

Don't forget though, everything went wrong because of free will, not godheads incompetence.

Man's free will functionality was designed by god. Therefore it most certainly is godhead's incompetence.

30-03-2016, 07:29 AM
(30-03-2016 07:12 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 06:53 AM)PaddyOdoors Wrote:  Don't forget though, everything went wrong because of free will, not godheads incompetence.

Man's free will functionality was designed by god. Therefore it most certainly is godhead's incompetence.

Yes I know, I was doing roll play then, I was a theist.Big Grin
30-03-2016, 07:31 AM
(30-03-2016 07:29 AM)PaddyOdoors Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 07:12 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Man's free will functionality was designed by god. Therefore it most certainly is godhead's incompetence.

30-03-2016, 07:32 AM
*Role
[+] 1 user Likes PaddyOdoors's post
30-03-2016, 07:52 AM
(30-03-2016 07:29 AM)PaddyOdoors Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 07:12 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  Man's free will functionality was designed by god. Therefore it most certainly is godhead's incompetence.

I was also role playing - that of an atheist.Big Grin

This is not a recording *click* This is not a recording *click* This is .Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
30-03-2016, 08:24 AM
Question: how can you say the ark is true when there is no evidence of a worldwide flood?
Christian: It's all an allegory. It was probably a local event.
Question: Ok, but the text clearly states a worldwide event.
Christian: but in context, it is an allegory.
Question, Ok, so if something that clearly is stated as fact is allegory, how can you tell the allegory from an actual event?
Christain: Faith.
Question: How does faith help you tell the difference?
Christian: The holy spirit guides you.
Question: But how do you discern from the people who say that the ark story is real because of faith? You can't both be right.
Christain: Jesus is the answer.
Question: That isn't an answer anymore than Thor.
Christain: Well Thor isn't real.
Question: How do you know that?
Christian: Faith.
Question: Facepalm

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 4 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
30-03-2016, 08:59 AM
(30-03-2016 07:32 AM)PaddyOdoors Wrote:  *Role

Role with it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user